Cell Phone Shut Off Won'T Tun Back On

The battery was in the red zone and shut off by itself. I charged it overnight and it won't turn on. I took the battery out (phone A) and put it in another Nokia phone (phone B). Phone B turned on so it isn't the battery.. I took the battery from phone B and put it in phone A ...it won't turn on either. I've tried two apparently good batteries in the phone...what could have happened? The phone is about 2 years old

Depending on the exact model there are often key press combinations which can perform a master reset of the phone.

Example: To perform a hard reset on a Nokia phone that won't turn on, press simultaneously these 3 buttons: on/off + * + 3

Note that this will probably not work for your model, but maybe you can Google your model along with related text: "Nokia Z-45 won't restart master reset".

Edited by lomatopo

I had one of the cheaper Nokia phones (about 2,000 baht) that i used as a backup. It did the same thing. It was a little over a year old. I took it back to the dealer that I bought it from. He took it apart and checked it. He told me to buy a new phone because repairs would cost about the same as a new replacement.

I used Nokia phones for years but unfortunately Nokia phones are no longer bullet proof. I did buy a new replacement, a Samsung. My main phone is a Motorola Android.

my model is nokia 2700. I googled nokia 2700 won't restart master reset and got nothing. I tried the keys you suggested and nothing.

I guess I'll try the dealer probably will have to buy a new phone.

I had a Nokia phone N73 it lasted 3.5 year's cost at the time 10,500 bt it stopped working and I was told by Nokia that was a good life span. I now still buy Nokia but the 900bt one's from Big C or any other place that sell's them, last one I brought is still going after 18 month's. All right they are not all singing all dancing but for 900bt who care's. Edited by fredob43

my model is nokia 2700. I googled nokia 2700 won't restart master reset and got nothing. I tried the keys you suggested and nothing.

I guess I'll try the dealer probably will have to buy a new phone.

This may possibly be a known issue, and even reasonably repaired, obviously by an experienced technician.

http://gsmangel-noki...-onoff-key.html

http://www.mygsmindi...izwan-ch08.html

There is an authorized Nokia repair facility in MBK.

Edited by lomatopo