London Olympics

Security concerns remain ahead of Olympics.

Report HERE

Including …

Pakistan trade in Fake Passports, Visas with the promise that those buying could take part in the opening Olympic Ceremony

The British Government has lost track of 150,000 illegal Immigrants and 4,000 foreign criminals.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Olympics Have Begun, and It’s Ladies (Soccer) First

post-104736-0-22603100-1343254028_thumb.

Stephanie Houghton of Great Britain

With the torch still making its rounds through London, the opening ceremony scheduled for Friday, and athletes and fans still arriving in the city, you may be forgiven for thinking that the London Games have not begun.

However, as Lord Coe announced today to the press in Cardiff, Wales: “We are ready, the nation is ready – let the Games begin.”

The Results are here.

The Olympics Have Begun, and It’s Ladies (Soccer) First

post-104736-0-22603100-1343254028_thumb.

Stephanie Houghton of Great Britain

It was live last night on satellite (see post above) and the kiwi girls did well in their opener against the UK ..

Basketball star Lauren Jackson has been named Australia's flag bearer for the Olympic Games opening ceremony in London on Friday.

post-104736-0-76695700-1343335455_thumb.

The first thing Lauren Jackson did when she was asked to carry the Australian flag at the Olympics opening ceremony in London was ask why.

Koreans rock at archery.

Yes, they do. This morning they made two word records - individual and team!

Thai Olympian archer Witthaya Thamwong finished the ranking round on the 38th place (out of 64) with a total score of 662 (out of 720). Pretty good! he'll be shooting in the elimination rounds in a few days after the team events. (Thailand has no archery team in London and no female archer either.)

Having risen early like many Aussies to watching the Opening Ceremony(OC), I have to say ... well done guys ... excellent actually.

The Beijing OC was a visual spectacular but, for me, soulless.

The London OC will have moments which outlive the Stadium in which it was held.

I thought the house and the music bit with the young couple went on a bit long and the NHS segment might not be understood by many ... but, as for the rest ... London and the UK, you have done yourselves proud.

I'm enjoying the cycling, at the moment... but I don't think I could do justice to it in a digression on the Live Rugby League thread...

Its a lovely route that they've got;

it makes me homesick to get home, dust down my own velocipede, put the basket on the front, and go out to enjoy the rural idyll

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Looking forward to the swimming finals this evening. I must admit I find the cycling like watching paint dry until the last few miles and the usual sprint finish.

It's great, isn't it... seeing the different patches drying at different rates... the way the finish changes as the solvent evaporates. If you understand thesubtleties of it, there's really little that comes close to watching paint dry, except perhaps cricket; which, sadly, is not an olympic sport yet.

SC

Many of the Thais watching the opening ceremony will remember it for the Mr Bean appearance in the orchestra I expect.

Agreed !

Actually, as I said above, there was so much to admire about the opening ceremony.

It was a piss take and humour and great theatre ... well, that how I saw it.

To the Aussies watching the telecast at home ... what are your thoughts on the commentary?

For me ... it is piss poor.

If that is the best CH9 can offer, they should hang their head in shame.

I quite like Ken Sutcliff's casual style ... but lead commentator for the Opening Ceremony ... please no.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

I am watching that too. How they can ride up box hill with that speed and apparent ease is amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

Just listening to the Radio commentary, they are saying that the British Cycling Team is looking strong and Cavandish is THE world Class sprinter and looking good.