How Many On Your Ignore List

krobert6

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you like to be on my waiting list for my group of one? I have placed a limit on the size of the group. It is one.

One what ??

Don't let him give you one

SC

Yeah, I'm told I have cooties.

Out of interest, do you see "Ignored" posts when they are quoted by others?

SC

Would you like to be on my waiting list for my group of one? I have placed a limit on the size of the group. It is one.

One what ??

Don't let him give you one

SC

Yeah, I'm told I have cooties.

I actually had to Google that term 'cooties' ... not naturally found in these them parts.

Well JT lucky that one member is not theblether ... he just seems to be everywhere.

So, if you are true to your policy of not posting on threads that have your 'ignored member' on it (and that was theblether) ... it would really cramp your prolific writing style ... biggrin.png

Edited for clarification

Huh? Not posting on threads with an ignored member? Who said that?

Well, I thought that it was what you meant when you wrote ...

-- Do not post in a post that you have ignored them

above.

Must be my bad for misunderstanding.

JT ... you are one complex member!

Suppose it doesn't matter ... we are just chewing the fat here.

No. What I meant is that if you have decided to put a member on ignore, I suggest not telling that member that you have taken that action either by PM or to announce it in a PM. It may seem like the considerate thing to do, but trust me, people often take it the wrong way and start ranting about it on the open forum.

Edited by Jingthing

I'd like to be able to Ignore some of my recent topics; threads that I wish I'd never got involved in, but keep on popping up on my most recent theads, and I lack the discipline to avoid seeing what's going on, and feel obliged to wade through pages of bickering or spleen, on the off-chance that someone has posted something interesting. I suppose I should learn to better restrain my posting-finger.

I'm still interested to know how many Ignore lists I appear on...

SC

I would like to know if there is a way to stop those threads popping up also....some are of no interest any more and they take up valuable real estate.

actually you can, just go to manage topics(in your profile) and unsubscribe

I don't actally subscribe to threads. My "Window on TV" is Find My Content (should be "find me content", but we can't be happy all the time...).

This displays the last 20 or so threads that you posted in, most recently-updated first... so the same frequently-bickered threads stick at the top of the page, until eventually you have posted on 20 threads since you last posted on that one, and it slips onto page two of your "Find My Content".

SC

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to Ignore some of my recent topics; threads that I wish I'd never got involved in, but keep on popping up on my most recent theads, and I lack the discipline to avoid seeing what's going on, and feel obliged to wade through pages of bickering or spleen, on the off-chance that someone has posted something interesting. I suppose I should learn to better restrain my posting-finger.

SC

I would like to know if there is a way to stop those threads popping up also....some are of no interest any more and they take up valuable real estate.

I don't actally subscribe to threads. My "Window on TV" is Find My Content (should be "find me content", but we can't be happy all the time...).

This displays the last 20 or so threads that you posted in, most recently-updated first... so the same frequently-bickered threads stick at the top of the page, until eventually you have posted on 20 threads since you last posted on that one, and it slips onto page two of your "Find My Content".

SC

I use the forum in the same way, hence I rarely know which sub-forum I am posting in.

Therefore, I occasionally post in the ladies forum even though I previously promised not to.

That is my excuse anyway. It is your decision whether you want to believe me.

Jeesh, I never realised the politics behind all of this gubbons ! You people make life so complicated!blink.png

Do you mean all of us people, or just some arbitrary sub-set?

I think you meant "Y'all" - sorry, wrong thread; should've been posted here

SC

EDIT: Is it racist to use black font?

Andwhitabootleanin' taetheright, eh?

Y'all it is, being one to keep on the right side of the PC group that prevails. Not wishing to enter into the convo of black on black, the black font is used for emphasis purposes only within this context!

Do you fancy joining my group btwintheclub.gif I am a bit short of takersrolleyes.gif

No thanks, I don't want to take you. coffee1.gif

Jeesh, I never realised the politics behind all of this gubbons ! You people make life so complicated!blink.png

Do you mean all of us people, or just some arbitrary sub-set?

I think you meant "Y'all" - sorry, wrong thread; should've been posted here

SC

EDIT: Is it racist to use black font?

Andwhitabootleanin' taetheright, eh?

Y'all it is, being one to keep on the right side of the PC group that prevails. Not wishing to enter into the convo of black on black, the black font is used for emphasis purposes only within this context!

Do you fancy joining my group btwintheclub.gif I am a bit short of takersrolleyes.gif

No thanks, I don't want to take you. coffee1.gif

sod you thenbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

SC

SC

you start to follow the thread automatically once you post in it.

If i understood correct, when you click on my content, the threads are bold, the threads you posted in,

So if you unsubscribe, those will no longer be bold, and you will not know if its been updated or anyone posted anything new, and with time, it will move down as new threads will take its place

But I don't subscribe...I just do as described above and use the my content plug....

I'm guessing Phl 'automatically subscribes' to threads he posts on - that's an option. Then he checks his "Check my threads" box - I thought that was for comment on your sartorial attire, but I was wrong. And if a thread goes a way he doesn't like, he's man enough to hoy it out his box, instead of bleating to the mods about it. I don't think we have an equivalent option, though.

To be fair, I am not entirely sure of the above, as I have not tried to recreate it exactly as described, but I couldn't follow Phl's advice, and "My threads" box is empty.

SC

By the way, I think threads are called topics here.

But I don't subscribe...I just do as described above and use the my content plug....

I understand i also do not click on subscribe, but it seems to be an automatic thing when you post in any topic.

it may well be somewhere in the settings, not sure

In all this great banter ... where is the OP?

Has he ignored all of us?

Guess he's put himself on ignore. sad.png

Just watching with interest.

The ignore list has definitely worked for me so far - 20 on the list and less rubbish to wade through already.

A great feature and a credit to the site

The ignore list has definitely worked for me so far - 20 on the list and less rubbish to wade through already.

That seems to be the feeling of most about your absence-less rubbish to wade.thumbsup.gif

I understand i also do not click on subscribe, but it seems to be an automatic thing when you post in any topic.

My Profile - My Settings - Notification Options; right at the top left first click box.

SC

That seems to be the feeling of most about your absence-less rubbish to wade.thumbsup.gif

To be honest,I'd rather he posted on this thread, and didn't bother anyone with his unpleasant opinions on the interesting threads.

I'm reasonably optimistic I'm on his ignore list, so he'll not see this until a newbie agrees and quotes me.

SC

My Profile - My Settings - Notification Options; right at the top left first click box.

SC

wai.gif

SC

Yes.

Only way out is to ignore everyone and have conversations with yourself and quoting your own posts. That would be kinda weird - no wait! Someone is already doing that over in the political section. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

SC

Yes.

Only way out is to ignore everyone and have conversations with yourself and quoting your own posts. That would be kinda weird - no wait! Someone is already doing that over in the political section. rolleyes.gif

Is SouthernMan at it again?giggle.gif

Can I point my smartphone at people and shut them up using the TV app? biggrin.png

I tried using TV remote(its bigger) but still did not work, could not even turn down the volumetongue.png

• Like 1