Saddam Bribed The French To Be Anti-war

Membrane

Is an Iraqi-American less American than an Italian-American, an African-American or an Irish-American ?

Is everybody equal in the US or are some people more equal than others ?

Who said anyone thinks of them as anything less? What are you even talking about? Are you guilty, maybe, because YOU think they are less than anyone else, just because they came from Iraq? ...because no one else is looking down on them, just because they came from Iraq.

No, we are only pointing out that THEY TOOK BRIBES FROM SADDAM HUSSEIN--and if we are "looking down on them", that's why. And it IS interesting that they are originally from Iraq, only because one wonders exactly how the connection to Saddam got started and maybe if they were here to do something else for him, maybe some kind of spy work or something... But anyway, no one mentioned anything RACIST at all--only you--that's all in your own mind, which apparently is desparately trying to come up with something to blame on us?

Nice try, but no cigar! :o

Who said anyone thinks of them as anything less? What are you even talking about? Are you guilty, maybe, because YOU think they are less than anyone else, just because they came from Iraq? ...because no one else is looking down on them, just because they came from Iraq.

No, we are only pointing out that THEY TOOK BRIBES FROM SADDAM HUSSEIN--and if we are "looking down on them", that's why. No one mentioned anything RACIST at all--that's all in your own mind, which apparently is desparately trying to come up with something to blame on us?

Nice try, but no cigar! :o

"Hm... The only two "Americans" listed are two IRAQI-AMERICANS !" you typed.

the word American is between brackets then Iraqi-American in capital letters following by an exclamation mark. Are you sure it's all in my mind ?

At the risk of missing out on the fun with excessive tolerance and rationality, remember that there are at least two sides to every story. And no politician or government can ever claim the moral high ground for long.

The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

George W. Bush may truly be a dope, and Jaques Chirac a weasel. Is anyone surprised? OTOH, Sadaam had to be stopped, and it would've been better as a UN project.

For myself I do enjoy this ongoing story as presented by The Economist. Their sense of journalistic fair play presents those many sides of the story, although their editorial bias is a bit to the right. The New York Times may help maintain the balance.

Cheers

Those 2 guys were granted the American citizenship. Isn't it a little bit racist to refer to them now as "Iraqi-American" ?

Whatever their background is, they are now plainly American.

In America, we are usually proud of our ethnic backgrounds, and so, therefore refer to ourselves this way. It is not a slur. Get an education and get your head out of your butt, cynic.

Ummm maybe I didnt read the whole thread but isn't this a fake? I haven't heard anything about this on the Worldnews or BBC. Am I mistaken?

No, it's not a fake. Here's the link to the article again... Go Here. To see the entire list, make sure you go to the bottom of the page to continue the article (it's broken up and spans four pages).

the word American is between brackets then Iraqi-American in capital letters following by an exclamation mark. Are you sure it's all in my mind ?

Heavy sigh... the reason American is in quotes, is because no real AMERICAN would have ACCEPTED BRIBES FROM SADDAM HUSSEIN.

UNDERSTAND NOW?

Those 2 guys were granted the American citizenship. Isn't it a little bit racist to refer to them now as "Iraqi-American" ?

Whatever their background is, they are now plainly American.

you got it all wrong, its nothing wrong with that at all, trust me i know

what Georgie-Porgie said was right...

In America, we are usually proud of our ethnic backgrounds, and so, therefore refer to ourselves this way,

we are All American but we also like to keep our ethnic backgrounds, that's what make America, America