PM Yingluck Abroad On Decision Day: Charter Amendment Verdict

webfact

oil%2Bmap-Maritime%2Bborder%2Bdispute%2BMap%2B%2528BkkPost%2529.jpg

Just a reminder about the border dispute between Cambodia and Thailand. See that yellow island that the white line runs through? That yellow island is Thailand's so it doesn't make sense that Cambodia would draw their line out like that. If you were to draw a line at the bottom right corner of the red line all the way to the bottom towards Malaysia, the connection would make sense wouldn't it? So again, why is Yingluck going to Cambodia at the invitation of Hillary and Chevron being present?

I shall tell you what I think.

I believe that Thaksin has some kind of consortium ready to jump in.

Block A is the most westerly part and the most contentious. That is why it has not yet been worked.

Chevron has a 30% stake in it and has been warned by Hun Sen that unless they are producing oil by 12 Dec they will lose their concession. So they are in a difficult place. Hence the US presence. And Thai.

If Thailand gives a nod and a wink that the deal that Thaksin had penned in 2001still stands and no action will take place, drilling can commence.

If not it may fall to other consortiums.

Pick your own outcome

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

July-12-Constitution-Court6.jpg

Again Section 68. No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution. For example: What if they amended or take this out:

Section 171. The King appoints the Prime Minister and not more than thirty-five other Ministers to constitute the Council of Ministers having the duty to carry out the administration of State affairs with collective accountability.

Wouldn't that conflict with the latter half of Article 68 and fall into the last part of the complainant's points? As for the second part, it's written that the amending process can only be done by Parliament not by a CDA. What the government CAN do, is to propose amendments to the charter but why don't they? Instead, they want to amend 291 to form a CDA and rewrite the whole charter because once it's in the hands of the CDA, it by-passes everything the current constitution has which means, they can indeed get away with turning it into another form of government.

"because once it's in the hands of the CDA, it by-passes everything the current constitution has which means, they can indeed get away with turning it into another form of government."

It is unbelievable that people keep stating this kind of information. I'll let phiphidon's recent post address this issue again.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5464622

"However, the amendment prohibits changing the political system from a constitutional monarchy. It also prohibits changing the form of the state from a single state, and prohibits changing any clause in the chapter on the monarchy in the current Constitution."

I guess that's why they're aiming to write a new one. (-_-) It can be considered a preemptive move and neither you or I can guarantee that it won't happen that way. However, if you listen to the Red-Shirt rallies and Thaksin's phone ins, you'd notice that there's a motive. Want me to get you the links?

Better stock up and fill up.

PM and MP are leaving the country.

Coup quite possible.

I'll stock some Champagne....

I'll get some lobsters

Hope you don't need to to put it in the deep-freeze.

A good morning starts with a new government.....

Better stock up and fill up.

PM and MP are leaving the country.

Coup quite possible.

I'll stock some Champagne....

I'll get some lobsters

Hope you don't need to to put it in the deep-freeze.

A good morning starts with a new government.....

A good morning usually starts with something else, but in this case I think I could forego that for a morning

^ #85 tlansford wrote

""because once it's in the hands of the CDA, it by-passes everything the current constitution has which means, they can indeed get away with turning it into another form of government."

It is unbelievable that people keep stating this kind of information. I'll let phiphidon's recent post address this issue again.

http://www.thaivisa....st__p__5464622"

It is indeed unbelievable people stating this kind of information. I'll let my own post address this issue again.

http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5478606

A good morning usually starts with something else, but in this case I think I could forego that for a morning

I just get the picture: My wife who wakes up 1-2 hours before me, wakes me up: "Hey we have a new government, there was a coup".

Nothing can be better.....

I just get the picture: My wife who wakes up 1-2 hours before me, wakes me up: "Hey we have a new government, there was a coup".

Completely disagree. I'm not sure it's the worst scenario, but for sure it isn't a good one.

Of course on a personal level I like when my wife wakes me up and tell me she's in the mood smile.png

^ #85 tlansford wrote

""because once it's in the hands of the CDA, it by-passes everything the current constitution has which means, they can indeed get away with turning it into another form of government."

It is indeed unbelievable people stating this kind of information. I'll let my own post address this issue again.

are you using your own post because it just repeats what his post stated, that the whole thing is up for grabs ... but failing to point out that this is not true?

Really Rubl. Do you actually believe that? I find in very hard to believe that you really believe that yourself.

Completely disagree. I'm not sure it's the worst scenario, but for sure it isn't a good one.

Of course on a personal level I like when my wife wakes me up and tell me she's in the mood smile.png

I am tired in the morning......very tired.....

^ #85 tlansford wrote

are you using your own post because it just repeats what his post stated, that the whole thing is up for grabs ... but failing to point out that this is not true?

Really Rubl. Do you actually believe that? I find in very hard to believe that you really believe that yourself.

Now listen carefully, a small charter change so we can write a completely new one seems a bit overdone unless there may be ulterior motives. Just saying 'well we need this small change before we can do the big change' really sounds sinister. Provide details as to why a big change BEFORE allowing the small change.

Clear now?

I find it amazing that the PM is always absent whenever an important event happens, i.e passing bills designed to exhonorate big brother or the passing of a constitutional court ruling that could see the governnent disbanded.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

If you think more deeply about it, you will find there is a reason.

There is also a reason why she did not vote on the contentious bills.

If she has not been seen holding the brush no tar can stick. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

^ #85 tlansford wrote

Now listen carefully, a small charter change so we can write a completely new one seems a bit overdone unless there may be ulterior motives. Just saying 'well we need this small change before we can do the big change' really sounds sinister. Provide details as to why a big change BEFORE allowing the small change.

Clear now?

it is clear that you are ignoring what is allowed and how the process is defined.

So yes, clear now.

I'd be happy enough to see Battersea Dogs Home in charge after this lot.

I would like to see Kermit the Frog :-)

Quite amusing, your use of the term 'unelected' smile.png

You may recall the PT election platform included constitutional amendments, and the electorate didn't seem to mind, did it?.

(they even had an election slogan: 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts' smile.png

You might like to read Sec 68 of the constitution, and even if you can see how the court decided to accept the petitions without the Attorney General's recommendation, I'd really like to see how the proposed amendments can be said to in any way : overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution ?

(Of course, I ask that question on the assumption we are not talking about a kangaroo court)

The problem is that there is no list of proposed amendments. Therefore one assumes that the whole shooting match is up for sale. Therefore......

therefore one understands that changing the country from a constitutional monarchy is illegal and of course a legal amendment process is not permitted to do something illegal, therefore the everyone should chill out and recognize that this is just the opposition throwing a wrench into the amendment process rather than the opposition participating in a meaningful way.

Well constitution writing depends if you come dressed in green or black apparently

I would like to see Kermit the Frog :-)

Yingluck is attending an important foreign business in Combodia she is dammed by the naysayers in this forum....if she cancel the meeting and attend the verdict in Bangkok, she too would be dammed by the same naysayers....beatdeadhorse.gif

Yingluck is attending an important foreign business in Combodia she is dammed by the naysayers in this forum....if she cancel the meeting and attend the verdict in Bangkok, she too would be dammed by the same naysayers....beatdeadhorse.gif

And damned by her brother

Nah, no tanks needed yet - they didn't get disbanded but didn't get the blanket rewrite they wanted either...

Only reason the Tanks would be needed now is if the Red Shirts decide they wanna kick off a fight...

... and they would be foolish to do so, IMHO