Outsourcing To Thailand

KVJ

Hi All,

Hopefully I'm in the right place. I would like to know what kind of issues are involved with outsourcing internet related work to Thailand. If a Thai national is classified as an independent contractor and I pay them per job does it then become a relatively simple matter to send them money per job/invoice from abroad? Are there any implications for tax in Thailand or is that a matter for the independent contractor to sort out based on income received?

Finally, how does a Thai national go about registering themselves as an independent contractor?

Any info on this highly appreciated.

Cheers all.

What is it with you inter net people, that makes you all see things in a complex way. Someone does some work for you, you put the money in their Thai bank account. up to them if they want to tell the tax man.

Again why Thailand, not the best or cheapest place for an internet based business. Or am I missing something and there is a secret pool of computer literate, fluent English speakers living in Pattaya. Jim

Again why Thailand, not the best or cheapest place for an internet based business. Or am I missing something and there is a secret pool of computer literate, fluent English speakers living in Pattaya. Jim

Contract with folks in Thailand and your Thailand trips may become business trips- and tax deductible.

Contract with folks in Thailand and your Thailand trips may become business trips- and tax deductible.

Then I think the taxman in your home country would want a bit more to show than I'm visiting a girl who does some net work for me, can I write the trip off as a tax deduction. Worth a try I guess. Jim

• 8 months later...

Check your own country's tax rules on sending money for services provided abroad. When my Thai company pays for work done outside the country, a flat 15% withholding tax is levied. Rules depend on tax treaties though. But in your case, what your Thai contracter is doing, is not your concern.