Cod In Pattaya

dazk

We have frozen cod at Makro here on Samui,

Try Makro.

Not bad. I have been in almost every Macro from Pattaya and up north, but havent found cod. Not on Samui then

Looks like this, 2 portions for 99 baht.

Cod-Fillet.jpg

Any Cod in Pattaya is going to be "long time no Sea"....when I read the line first I thought you were looking for God. But realised I was like the Dislexic agnostic who did nto beleive ni Dogs.....ermm.gif

If you do find any its blast frozen and not the same as you get in the UK.

Edited by lonewolf99

Any Cod in Pattaya is going to be "long time no Sea"....when I read the line first I thought you were looking for God. But realised I was like the Dislexic agnostic who did nto beleive ni Dogs.....ermm.gif

If you do find any its blast frozen and not the same as you get in the UK.

even blast frozen is better than the farmed fish that are available here i find it watery and no gutts to it

We have frozen cod at Makro here on Samui,

Try Makro.

Not bad. I have been in almost every Macro from Pattaya and up north, but havent found cod. Not on Samui then

Looks like this, 2 portions for 99 baht.

Cod-Fillet.jpg

was that taken march 2000? 2 for 99bht,cod knows what it is today.

well i went into macro this morning no frozen cod or pollock, the lady up at the front desk did a computer search no cod or pollock at any macro in the southern half of thailand, she explained that it is out of fishing season will have back in when season starts

will have to wait i suppose

Seen the same cod loin in Foodmart Jomtien, about B100 for one, don't over cook it, or it goes like rubber

Also seen cod steaks in BigC extra, in the freezer chest, 4 steaks for B179, have not tried these yet, usually buy the fresh Salmon from there,delicious

The "blue and White" restaurant between 7 & 8 is Goose's, right? I've had their basic Dory.

If you look closely at the bottom of the menu, it says, "from the mouth of the Mekong delta".

Boy, that's reassuring. Same wimpy fish you get at Simon's, Jolly Friar's, etc. Maybe I'll try the God there.

Cod knows the God at Jolly Friar's was quite unholy.

COD Fish and Chips from Blue and White restaurant top of Soi 7/8 was pretty good.

Is there anything more annoying than a review that doesn't include a price?

yes. More annoying things are people griping about not seeing a price. Prices ranged, but were about 300 baht as I recall from last Christmas. Goose's Fish and chips has a website and you can view their menu there.

Cod has been fished into near extension to meet demand, much like blue tuna.

A 2004 report by theWorld Wildlife Fund indicated that the North American catch had dropped 90 percent since the early 1980s and concluded that the world's cod stocks could disappear altogether in a fifteen years.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/subjects/c/cod_fish/index.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2000/jul/20/fish.food

The "blue and White" restaurant between 7 & 8 is Goose's, right? I've had their basic Dory.

If you look closely at the bottom of the menu, it says, "from the mouth of the Mekong delta".

Boy, that's reassuring. Same wimpy fish you get at Simon's, Jolly Friar's, etc. Maybe I'll try the God there.

Cod knows the God at Jolly Friar's was quite unholy.

Gooses, like most places in Pattaya does sell Fish and Chips that is not Cod. But, Gooses does have several fish choices, including Cod.

Yeah, I know that. But the cod I had at Jolly Friar's was terrible. Paid extra for worse fish. I should have sent it back.

I don't think a lot of people are ponying up for the good stuff. Consequently, it sits around and gets old (freezer burn).

Have you had the cod at Goose's?

Makro in Pattaya used to stock it as I used to buy it then it disappeared

Yes, I used to buy it at Makro in Nakon Sawan but it disappeared when the floods came last year.crying.gif

Swam away?

They had it in Pattaya Makro a couple of weeks ago when I was last there. I remember seeing it. Frozen Atlantic Cod.

You can get cod and chips in Jamesons.

Edited by PattayaParent