Pricing A Brand Name Guitar In Chiang Mai

FredLee

I am new to the forum. I am relocating to Chiang Mai at the end of this month. The company shipping my household goods requires the replacement value of my items at the destination for insurance purposes. I am shipping several guitars, Martin and Fender, and have had no luck finding any stores in Thailand that sell them to find a price. I did see two "Martin" guitars at a mall in Bangkok a couple of years ago. One was an obvious fake, the other was priced about 30% higher than what it would sell for in the U.S. I appreciate any suggestions.

Fred

There's at least two guitar shops in CM, one opposite the Chedi Hotel is very popular with budding pop groups, even has a practice room for hire. The second, I can't place it right away but will when I remember!

M.I.W. (miw.co.th) in Changklan Rd has 1 Martin (model unknown) upstairs in the acoustic section. Forget how much it was but it was too much for me! Maybe around 50,000B. Fender strats are around 22,000B and he is the authorised dealer up here.

Might pay to check out Music Concept ([email protected]) in Bangkok as they are the main Fender and Gibson authorised agent in Thailand. They should have a Martin or two in stock.

Thanks for the replies. I have been browsing the forums here for a couple of days, and finding a lot of good information. I am sure I will have many more questions as time goes by. I certainly do appreciate the way the people on the forum are quick to help out one another.