Booking Ticket For Gf To Uk

Hey all,

My Thai GF has just been granted a UK holiday visa, and the next step is to buy flights!

I have been reading on here, and on a few airlines websites that the payment card must be shown at check in or no boarding.

Has anyone have any updated advice on how they got around this? I heard ebookers might be a good bet.

I have always flown EVA air direct from their site, but they always ask me for the credit crad when i check in so they are out.

Thanks for any advice

I am not sure if all airlines and websites selling tickets etc have the same system but I have seen when booking tickets previously a box you can check when making the booking that the card holder will not be travelling. Maybe go onto a website and place a dummy booking getting right to the payment screen and see if that option comes up.

Glad I could help. Out of interest mate how long did it take to ge the decision on the visa application from the time of her going to BKK to do her biometrics and submit supporting docs? I have just submitted an application for my Mrs this week and am hoping to get her here early Sep.

Edited by theoracle

I booked with KLM so I could meet her in Amsterdam and fly into London City with her. Had no issues of any kind..

And it took exactly a week to get the visa, which was easy.

Interesting - which Visa did you get first, the Euro one or the UK one ?

Glad I could help. Out of interest mate how long did it take to ge the decision on the visa application from the time of her going to BKK to do her biometrics and submit supporting docs? I have just submitted an application for my Mrs this week and am hoping to get her here early Sep.

Visa submitted Monday 25th and 10 working days later they emailed to say it was returned by courier.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

I booked with KLM so I could meet her in Amsterdam and fly into London City with her. Had no issues of any kind..

As long as she stays in the transfer area and does not leave then she does not need a Schengen visa.

Pay with bank transfer and you won't need to offer up payment by credit card. Alternatively just pay cash to your local travel agent, or even just transfer the money to her and she can pay locally.

I pay Emirates by bank transfer for the majority of my flights.

UK. She didn't need a Schengen visa to change plane..

If she hasnt got the money herselfe and you must pay, safest option is send her the money and let he book it here in her name...have seen a few airlines receetly stating that from October no boarding without cc owner present

whistling.gif Yes, it's possible for you to buy a ticket in another person's name and you can pay for it with your credit card. This is called a "third party ticket". I used to work for a company that often sent me to take care of clients problems and I've had that company purchase many 3rd party tickets for me.

However:

1. You may be able to purchase such a 3rd party ticket on-line...but often not. Depends on the airline.

2. You almost always can get a 3rd party ticket through either an agent or directtly through the local airline office.

3. You will have to pay a little more for a 3rd party ticket than a normal first party ticket. (the one you buy and you fly using yourself).

Here's how to buy a 3rd party ticket for someone else....let's just say, for example, in London.

1. Find out where the local office of the airline you want is located and tell them you want to buy a 3rd party ticket for another person in (picking a place again) say Bangkok. Tell them you will pay for that ticket on your credit card. You can also do this through a ticket agent or re-seller by going to them in person.

2. You will need to give them the following info:

Your name and credit card details

Name of the person picking up the ticket in Bangkok

Date and time of the flight from Bangkok you want (airline also of course).

Tell them the person flying will pick up the ticket on the day of the flight at the airport (Bangkok) before check-in.

Pay the agent or airline by using your credit card. The agent or airline will then verify your credit card. When they recieve/verify that payment they will notify you of the flight details for that flight and probably tell you that a 3rd party ticket for (your girlfrird's name) has been issued. It's up to you to get this information to your girlfriend.

In Bangkok what she needs to do is this:

1. She should be prepared to either go to that airline's office in Bangkok or their office at the airport to pick up that ticket.

2. She will need proof of identity...passport and a I.D. card with photo are accepable...to identify herself.

3. She needs to tell them that there is a 3rd party ticket paid for by you and issued for her that she wishes to pick up. They will check in their computer records and when the information is verified they will issue either a paper ticket or a e-ticket to her. She uses that when she actually checks in for the flight

She should make absolutely sure the airport TICKET office for that airline is open....because she will need to get that 3rd party ticket from either the local (city) ticket office from the airline or the TICKET desk/office for that airline at the airport....the check-in counters don't usually issue and verify such a ticket.

The important thing is that she knows to go to the airline ticket office or the airline ticket purchase counter in Bangkok with her I.D. and your name and perhaps a ticket number provided by the airline....so they can find the ticket details on their computer. Then they will then issue her a ticket for check-in. Just be sure she knows to be prepared to be there early enough....several hours if necessary....before check-in time for the flight.

I've done this many times....both picking up 3rd party tickets and buying them also.

Because you already bought and paid for the ticket as a 3rd party ticket she....it will say that on the airline computer....she WON'T have tp show your credit card at check-in....just her passport and I.D. as normally required for all passengers.

wink.png

You can purchase a TG flight online for her but you must fax your credit card details and authorizations to them, otherwise the card holder must present the card at checkin! You can effect a pre-paid tcket from the UK as well which she can pick up in BKK or just show her ID at check-in if an e-ticket arrangement , need to check with a travel agent there and/or the airline you wish to purchase the ticket with.

Edited by bangkok101