What Would You Get?

tjhorner

Waiting for Carl's Jr to open on Sukhumvit 24 so I can get the $6 burger for 600 baht, not including small fries and a drink.

The Carl's Jr burgers will be about 200 baht which is $6.60. Not bad for a $6.00 burger. How much do you pay for Thai food in the States? Bet its not less than the 10% extra you pay for a burger.

Seriously though, if you want a really good burger in Bangkok then the Burger Factory on Ekkamai soi 10 is the best I have had in Bangkok. Really, really good.

Pork pies, pickles and cheese.

OK you can get some of those but not good Pork Pies !!!

I love good pork pies licklips.gif

And?

Here is the recipe. You can get the ingredience everywhere

Ingredients

For the pastry

• 145g plain flour
  • 2g salt
  • 60g lard
  • 40ml water
  • Beaten egg, to glaze

For the filling

• 205g minced pork (80g shoulder and 125g belly)
  • 15g minced bacon
  • 2g salt
  • 1.5g white pepper
  • 12g rusk or breadcrumbs (optional)

For the jelly

• 1 pig's trotter
  • 5 litres water
  • 15g gelatine

I'm from southern California:

English

In-N-Out

Buffalo hot wings

BJ's Pizza. I like it better than all the pizza I've had in New York, Italy, etc...

405 traffic at 5pm on a Friday (beats this traffic)

Better-paying job... I feel like I'm going backwards with an MBA and 8+ years Telecommunications experience.

2 minute traffic lights

American girls at the beach

Full-nude, no beer strip club rolleyes.gif just kidding.

BBQ at home/park/games

NFL soon enough...

Family.

BJ's.... I tried them for the first time in Seattle about a year ago on a biz trip.... I ate there 5/7 nights I was there. There menu is the size of a Websters Dictionary smile.png Good Food and Good Beer selection. Didn't try there pizza, but isn't a Chicago style pizza? Deep dish?

Deep-dish similar to Chicago-style pizza but not as dense. BJs started and is headquartered in California so it's really California-style pizza. Think of a thicker Pizza Hut pan-pizza with a pile of "better" ingredients.

Yessssss..Chicago Style:

stuffed%20pizza.JPG

Blondie's pizza, not quite as thick, but nothing like it in Thailand.

pepperoni-pizza_at_blondies-pizza-14424.jpg?1311030770

English

In-N-Out

Buffalo hot wings

BJ's Pizza. I like it better than all the pizza I've had in New York, Italy, etc...

Better-paying job... I feel like I'm going backwards with an MBA and 8+ years Telecommunications experience.

2 minute traffic lights

BBQ at home/park/games

NFL soon enough...

Family.

BJ's.... I tried them for the first time in Seattle about a year ago on a biz trip.... I ate there 5/7 nights I was there. There menu is the size of a Websters Dictionary smile.png Good Food and Good Beer selection. Didn't try there pizza, but isn't a Chicago style pizza? Deep dish?

Deep-dish similar to Chicago-style pizza but not as dense. BJs started and is headquartered in California so it's really California-style pizza. Think of a thicker Pizza Hut pan-pizza with a pile of "better" ingredients.

Yessssss..Chicago Style:

stuffed pizza.JPG

Blondie's pizza, not quite as thick, but nothing like it in Thailand.

pepperoni-pizza_at_blondies-pizza-14424.jpg?1311030770

I really want to try one of those. Anywhere in Thailand?

It has been discussed to death I know but if anyone finds it...get a post up here!!

Edit: The Chicago style I mean of course.

Edited by smokie36

Philly Cheese Steaks and Hoagies!

I am really starting realize how lucky we are here in Phuket when it comes to the diversity of our eateries.

My personal opinion is that these are as good as back home. American owned.

3) Philly Cheese Steak – Imported NZ Rib-Eye sliced razor thin served on a fresh roll with fried onion, cheese sauce and jalapeno peppers. 180B

Edited by NomadJoe

English

In-N-Out

Buffalo hot wings

2 minute traffic lights

BBQ at home/park/games

NFL soon enough...

Family.

They actually have a pizza called "BJ" ? Amazing !

Haggis from Sinclairs in Torphins or Sheridins in Ballater licklips.gif

Brown sauce diluted with vinegar, and chips and a haggis supper to go with it.

Duechars IPA, though I had that in Hart Avenue once.

Gillespies Stout

I've not been to Diggers in 20 years, now probably, and I don't know when I'll be able to go next, but Lauries on Lauriston Road had the best 80/ in the city centre; well, in East Tollcross, anyway,

SC

I miss tea. Nothing beats a cup of Yorkshire Tea. It is the tea of gods. Dash of milk and two sugars... Ughhhwdhuihsfhd! *wants*

I mainly miss good hearty meals like beef stew and dumplings (my Mother makes the best) or cottage pie. :)

Also I miss black pudding with a fry up (However I am on a diet right now so kiss the fry up goodbye!)

Oh My Cod! in Bangkok sells black pudding and does pork pies and has a very British menu for those who are British! You should google their website and check out the menu. :)