Adding A Conservatory

Oddly enough, I had visions of a glass oven too.

Before laying in to those less knowledgeable perhaps a photo or two of exactly what you're looking for would be a good idea. They may be known as something other than a conservatory.

Let's try again shall we :)

Well - to be honest, I'm looking for a reply from someone that has used a reputable builder.

Teaching people the intricacies of types of house extensions in Thailand is beyond the remit of this thread.... wink.png

• 7 years later...

BUMP - To reignite this thread from 2012 (the durascreen link above no longer works). 

I too am looking at a Glass Extension at the back of hour house. 

I plan for the film over the windows (like a car), for blinds, and parts of if that can open up to vent air. 

No need to get into the debate of whether or not a conservatory is necessary in a hot climate, the location has a lot of shade and is not in direct sun light.

I'm not having much luck with a  google search. 

My Wife has knocked on the door of a house nearby and asked them (the house is used for a business) a girl answered and said her boss will get back to us (not holding out for that one !).

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

BUMP - To reignite this thread from 2012 (the durascreen link above no longer works). 

I too am looking at a Glass Extension at the back of hour house. 

I plan for the film over the windows (like a car), for blinds, and parts of if that can open up to vent air. 

No need to get into the debate of whether or not a conservatory is necessary in a hot climate, the location has a lot of shade and is not in direct sun light.

I'm not having much luck with a  google search. 

My Wife has knocked on the door of a house nearby and asked them (the house is used for a business) a girl answered and said her boss will get back to us (not holding out for that one !).

good luck paying the air-con bill. My UK conservatory was uninhabitable for any day over 25 C, goodness only knows how you would utilise such a construction here in Thailand.  Still, each to his or her own. 

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

good luck paying the air-con bill. My UK conservatory was uninhabitable for any day over 25 C, goodness only knows how you would utilise such a construction here in Thailand.  Still, each to his or her own. 

Its for a utility room out the back of a town house and to keep out the elemets - rain etc.. 

It will house the Washing Machine, Drier, some storage, the water tank etc, store bicycles, dry the laundry etc... 

There's no point having just a roof as the rain will come in from the sides... 

Something similar to this: 

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 13.32.42.png

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its for a utility room out the back of a town house and to keep out the elemets - rain etc.. 

It will house the Washing Machine, Drier, some storage, the water tank etc, store bicycles, dry the laundry etc... 

There's no point having just a roof as the rain will come in from the sides... 

Something similar to this: 

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 13.32.42.png

Looks good. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Looks good. 

Yup.., so that’s what I’m looking for, however I’m unable to find anything online... 

Wife is also asking around. 

Its incredible how how many business here don’t market or make it easy to be found, it’s still all word of mouth which is great if you ‘know someone who knows someone’. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup.., so that’s what I’m looking for, however I’m unable to find anything online... 

Wife is also asking around. 

Its incredible how how many business here don’t market or make it easy to be found, it’s still all word of mouth which is great if you ‘know someone who knows someone’. 

I have a little Thai men who has a gang of around 3.  he seems to be able to turn his hand to anything.  We built our outside kitchen and utility room by drawing up a very rough plan and he delivered on it.  I suggest that you try to find such a small contractor who can work from rough plans provided by you.  Our man only works in the Rayong area, so no point in passing on his details, but there are many such small gangs around.  Ask around local Thai workshops and you will soon find one such. if your wife is doing the asking, you will soon find someone. 

Edited by Pilotman