Spanish Man Blogs Bangkok Suicide On Facebook: Police

webfact

Spanish man blogs Bangkok suicide on Facebook: police

BANGKOK, July 12, 2012 (AFP) - A Spanish man found dead in his apartment in downtown Bangkok on the eve of his 37th birthday had live-blogged his suicide on his Facebook page, Thai police said Thursday.

Police were alerted after midnight on Wednesday when friends in Spain became worried by his desperate posts on the social network and a photograph of a potentially fatal drug.

"His friends alerted us after he posted a photo of a glass full of some kind of drug," Lieutenant Colonel Apichan Sawasdibud, who is leading the probe into the death, told AFP.

"His friend's sister, who is a pharmacist, warned them that it was a dangerous drug that could cause death."

Apichan said friends and neighbours described the dead man, who had been working for a telecoms company in Thailand for around a year, as a generally cheerful person.

Around 30 minutes before committing suicide he had emailed his resignation to his boss, telling him to contact his friends for an explanation.

"It's clear that he committed suicide because his room was locked from inside," Apichan said, adding that the man would have turned 37 on Thursday.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-07-12

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.....three of the first five posters either thinks they can or is actually attempting to pass a message via this forum to a man who is dead....I find myself wondering why this is attempted every time there is a news storing involving the death of someone? Do we have that many members who are clairvoyants??

Psst... It may shock you to realise that when they are sending a message to him it actually has more meaning to their own lives. Is this not the whole point of talking to the dead?!

Yes, I am well aware that I was one of the posters...

Edited by KunMatt
  • Like 2

You can see photos of him sitting on the computer table head on the desk

Photos

Well pity the guy , maybe he got so much stress from work from his boss or visa department ! Hope the forensic people cna find something on his computer

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

Interesting.....three of the first five posters either thinks they can or is actually attempting to pass a message via this forum to a man who is dead....I find myself wondering why this is attempted every time there is a news storing involving the death of someone? Do we have that many members who are clairvoyants??

Psst... It may shock you to realise that when they are sending a message to him it actually has more meaning to their own lives. Is this not the whole point of talking to the dead?!

Funerals and well wishes regarding the dead are 100% meant for the living, of course they are, it is a form of comfort. It is sad that this guy could not see a way out and there almost always is, but it is what it is, a part of life. Death is just as normal as being born, eating bread or walking along the beach.

• Like 1

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png Hope you have found your peace.

Yes, he is at peace. He is in a better kingdom now. The kingdom of heaven with God. May God bless you sir.

I'm pretty sure that, according to the whole "kingdom of heaven" side of things, suicide would revoke his entry permit. No?

• Like 1

Yes, he is at peace. He is in a better kingdom now. The kingdom of heaven with God. May God bless you sir.

People that commit suicide do not get to enter "heaven". Sorry.

They are doing it to be seen as compassionate people on TV. Attention getters.

• Like 1

People that commit suicide do not get to enter "heaven". Sorry.

Whatever.

Edited by PoodMaiDai

I guess it may depend upon your religion, but being Spanish he was quite likely Catholic, in which case suicide is a one way ticket to hell, no heaven for him, sorry.

This country detaches you from the culturally relative notion of progress that exists in the minds of most of those in the Western world. Bangkok is proof that if you want to exploit your way to riches, you will be amply rewarded (caveat: you must be incredibly cognizant of the current power order that is based on a local notion of reputation, mostly incomprehensible to the foreign world). Then you will become fabulously wealthy (while being compromised by the constant need to show heed to hi-so's and other local higher-ups [you're a foreigner; good luck!]) If you work for a Thai company, be prepared for a mind-enema. You're about to be shown up. It's a world unto itself, and that is the general attitude. So many foreigners commit suicide here. They lose faith in humanity, and they are emotionally vulnerable. Also, the police generally declare most foreigner deaths 'suicides', especially in Pattaya.

What a complet load of waffle. Why didnt you just say "maybe the guy had preasure at work owing to the cultural differences" instead of trying to display how articulate you *think* you are. My god TV is properly starting to wind me up latley. It gets more and more pretencious with each day :(

• Like 1

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin??? Would the Lord reject a man because of mental illness???

Answer that one and you will have your answer to the suicide barred from heaven conundrum.

You can't answer it because you don't know the mental state of every suicide. The " Guilty " religion of Catholicism in particular makes great play of suicide being a Cardinal Sin. Go ask your local priest that question,

" Father, would the Lord turn his back on the mentally ill? ".............then watch him flounder.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

And you sir can not state he is going to heaven as you do not know for sure that god actualy exists, do you?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin??? Would the Lord reject a man because of mental illness???

Answer that one and you will have your answer to the suicide barred from heaven conundrum.

You can't answer it because you don't know the mental state of every suicide. The " Guilty " religion of Catholicism in particular makes great play of suicide being a Cardinal Sin. Go ask your local priest that question,

" Father, would the Lord turn his back on the mentally ill? ".............then watch him flounder.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

And you sir can not state he is going to heaven as you do not know for sure that god actualy exists, do you?

No I can't.......point out where I said he was in heaven????............I was questioning the Catholic guilt concept of suicide being a Cardinal Sin.

If you would like a battle on this subject I'm your man..............90% of my family are devout Catholics, including my mother..............they know that I can debunk the entire Roman Catholic church philosophy, even the local priests had to accept I was right.......but the answer came back, it's a question of faith.

Faith exists where reason escapes.