Immigration

Suggestions /advice please been having problems mae hong son immigration. First you cannot show marriage paper money in the bank, i am on a multi entry non immm o visa, in april told by officer in khon kaen , show marriage paper 400,000 baht in bank go immigration office save page in your passport , today i do that at mae hong son, papers every thing correct no you have to go to the border, no says i you can do ,no will not do , treated me and my wife like sh..e, threatened my wife (in thai ) i can make a report and have your husband thrown out of thailand , i am a school director suddenly attitudes change now have respect, bastards want hung drawn and quartered, treat people like sh..e and think it is ok, we think it is money under table job, no way , now have to do 1200 koilometer round trip to mae sae. Anybody got good idea how i should take this matter forward?

Was the 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand in your name only and there for at least 2 months? That is the official requirement.

If it was, you can contact the immigration hotline and complain, 1111 or 1178. (Might not make you a popular person with that immigration office) or file a formal request for an extension of stay by letter and hand it oevr to them. Immigration will than have to make a written decision on your application within 7 days.

From your description it appears you may have thought you could avoid making a border run by show of money using your current visa and obtain a new 90 day stay at immigration office. That is not possible.

The 400k in account two months and proof of marriage, wife id and home register, bank letter of account balance, passbook showing account activity for last two months, marriage certificate and current ledger entry of marriage copy, photos together, map to home and proof of residence and TM.7 with 4x6cm photo and payment of 1,900 baht fee allows application for one year extension of stay for Thai wife reason. Did you indeed have all that paperwork?

Remember much as you may have all the paperwork and the money in place a wrong attitude will get you a refusal just as fast as not having it.

The extension of visa is at the discretion of the officers that you meet at the application!

• Like 1

You asked KK and applied in Mae Hong Son. You do know that ou must apply at the office for the ara where you live? In case the wife is registered at another place then realy living, this can be a problem. Normally in that case one needs to provide a rental contract or something to show where you really live.

You do live in

Mae Hong Son Province (except Mae Sariang District, Mae La Noi District, Sop Moei District)

And you were at the province immigration office rather than the border crossing (believe they are most likely separate locations)?

Sorry for the questions but trying to be sure we know exactly what may have happened as you mention Khon Kaen and they would have nothing to do with that office.

• Like 1

Yes i live in mae hong son, term time, school holidays khon kaen, that is why i have been to 2 offices, also regarding attitude ,i have been coming to thailand for 16 years, before i retired last december , used kap choeng, chok chai khon kaen immigration offices never 1 problem ,staff always polite / helpful , mae hong son another story rude disrespectful arrogant, my wife is a school director and they treated her like sh..e, only after she showed her government i. d. did they change their attitude threatening her , that they would get me thrown out of thailand , for what ? having correct papers ,money etc , other immigration offices i have gone in showen everything STAMP in passport sawadee kap out home.

Here's my list of paper I bring every year.

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai)

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

Sorry to say it but you should try and put everything down clearer, your post is not very clear on many points.

Did you apply for a Visa on marriage or based on retirement? Who is the school director?

Perhaps you should list what you took with you, also which Immigration office is your office, you cannot pick and choose.

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 1

After reading some of the replys, i do not pick and choose my immigration offices dates in my passport dictate when i have to go to immigration, i use 2 offices as i said before i have to different addresses in thailand , i do not need to cross the border for 90 day stamp ,i have been given 90 day stamp at korat no problem whatso ever on more than 1 occasion so anyu person stating i have to go out of thailand is wrong, stamps in my passport prove i am correct ok term time school holidays , and yes as already stated ( for the person who cannot read my wife is the school director , this is the second time i have stated that.)

i do not need to cross the border for 90 day stamp ,i have been given 90 day stamp at korat no problem whatso ever on more than 1 occasion

How? You say in OP you are here on a multi entry non immigrant O visa. Unless you extend that stay you must leave every 90 days - no immigration office has the authority to change that. What they can do is extend 60 days to visit Thai wife or up to 90 days for medical treatment using TM.7 and payment of 1,900 baht. What have you been doing?

If you are actually saying your passport is doing a border run (showing an exit and return without your travel) it would be totally illegal regardless of who may be signing off on it.

Are you sure you have not extended your stay for Thai wife for one year previously? What exactly is the current permitted to stay stamp in your passport?

Thanks Loburi3 for trying to get some clarity to this thread.

The OP has not really told us many important things:

What type of visa has he entered on?

Has he extended his visa?

There seems to be some confusion about 90 day some thing?

Does he have a non "O" 90 day multiple entry visa requiring an exit of the Kindom to initiate the next 90 days of the visa?

Or does he have a non "O" Education Visa for 90 days that some times requires you to leave every 90 days?

Or is he talking about a 90 day report of address?

He mentions having the 400,000 baht for a visa extension which was denied?

It is all very confusing, and until we know what we are really dealing with it is difficult to make any judgment, or for that matter make concrete suggestions to assist, which is all any of us are trying to do.

BB