Can I Use My Nearly-Full Passport For Penang 3 Month Non-B?

Similar to a topic I posted a while back, but this time I think I may be out of luck.

I have a standard "32 page" UK passport - however the passport is filled with offical printed blurb for the first three pages. So the first 3 pages are not designed to be used for passport stamps. The last "stampable" page is page 28, pages 29-32 also contain blurb (plus my photo and details). The first stampable page is page 4, which was strangely left empty when I got my first Thai Visa (they used page 5)

The last time I went to Penang, the border official coming back into Thailand was kind enough to avoid using page 28 - he put my Thai entry stamp on page 14, where there was some remaining space. I hadn't seen that done before.

So I have an almost full passport, with the first and last pages completely empty. Can/will immigration use my empty page 4, even though it's right at the start of my passport? Or is there some rule I wasn't aware of stating that the first and last pages of passports cannot be used.

I would appreciate your advice.

Any black page can be used if designated for visas. But it sounds as if you need to obtain a new passport soon.

That is reassuring. For some reason I was worried that stamps were supposed to go in chronological order in a passport. And I felt a bit concerned that only the first and last pages haven't been used - as if maybe there was a reason for it that I wasn't familiar with.

So I shouldn't be worried for my next trip to Penang, I hope ......