Buying Coconut Flour In Bangkok

tominbkk

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for coconut flour too. Just found this link:

http://www.21food.com/products/fiber-flour-459608.html

That looks very much like it is plain coconut flour.

I wrote them a note, asking where it is sold in Bangkok. If they reply, I´ll post it here.

If I can´t find it, I might try and make it myself, but that will be a bit of work . . .

I am looking for coconut flour too. Just found this link: http://www.21food.com/products/fiber-flour-459608.html That looks very much like it is plain coconut flour. I wrote them a note, asking where it is sold in Bangkok. If they reply, I´ll post it here. If I can´t find it, I might try and make it myself, but that will be a bit of work . . .

Hi, any luck? I have found one person who said they sold it but when I actually contacted them they only sold coconut oil. I think they had added that product to the list without realizing that they did. I'm not sure if this is the same person that I found that you found as well.

It's quite popular in the United States now to use coconut flour, and I would think that so many coconuts around here there would be at least one person who is producing it. Then again, it is very difficult to just find dried coconut that isn't sweetened, or that is sweetened, for that matter. Just a few years ago it was almost impossible to find coconut oil, but now you see it and have it everywhere.

I live in Chiang Mai and am looking for coconut flour. I eat low carb and coconut flour is a life saver because it allows you to bake many things as it's low carb and high fiber. If anyone knows where I might find this product in Chiang Mai, I would really appreciate hearing from you. I also emailed the company in the link posted by one of you and, hopefully, I will get an answer. If so, I'll be sure and post it.

• 2 months later...

Hi Dont know if you've had any luck yet, but I was also looking for coconut flour to use in indian curries and having no local luck except for bulk exporters came across a "make yer own" video on you tube.

The pith or meat should be easily obtainable from a Thai wet market where they scrape the coconuts for the milk or alternatively I am going to try dessicated coconut.

I cant post the link but go to youtube

If this doesnt work go to youtube and search for " the healthy home economist coconut flour"

Rgds

99jaapie

Hope this helps.

99jaapie

This link shows the difference between coconut flour and desiccated coconut ...

http://www.tiana.ltd...conut_flour.htm

I suspect most desiccated coconut sold in Thai supermarkets has been imported. Never saw coconut flour.

My favourite snack is freshly-grated, wet-market coconut drizzled with raw honey like Healthy Mate. Keeps in the fridge for a couple of days before fermenting -- but that's probably a good prebiotic too.

In the west I make thick milk shakes with raw Jersey milk, fine desiccated coconut, raw free-range eggs, vanilla extract, avocado, banana, mixed-spice powder and raw honey: a meal in itself.

Q. Where is edible coconut oil (preferably virgin, cold-pressed) available in Bangkok? The only coconut oil I ever saw was in beach resorts as a skin moisturiser.

Edited by Trevor25222
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The absolute best is in Big C

This link shows the difference between coconut flour and desiccated coconut ...
http://www.tiana.ltd...conut_flour.htm

I suspect most desiccated coconut sold in Thai supermarkets has been imported. Never saw coconut flour.

My favourite snack is freshly-grated, wet-market coconut drizzled with raw honey like Healthy Mate. Keeps in the fridge for a couple of days before fermenting -- but that's probably a good prebiotic too.

In the west I make thick milk shakes with raw Jersey milk, fine desiccated coconut, raw free-range eggs, vanilla extract, avocado, banana, mixed-spice powder and raw honey: a meal in itself.

Q. Where is edible coconut oil (preferably virgin, cold-pressed) available in Bangkok? The only coconut oil I ever saw was in beach resorts as a skin moisturiser.

The best coconut oil is in big C. you can buy two liters for 999 baht. I think it's the best quality and best flavor. Don't look in the oil section. Look in the vitamin section (IN BIG C) typically in the front part of the store. Don't go to the little mom and pop places. I'm not even sure if what they have is truly coconut oil. Brand is called Parisut.

I subsequently found virgin coconut oil on sale at Friendship supermarket on Pattaya south road in several sizes. Unfortunately it's as expensive as in the west though.

The same place also sells locally-made fermented Russian milk products kefir, kvass and tan at cheap prices..

• 1 month later...

I've never heard about coconut flour, but we have dried coconut for cooking or baking, like cookies, if you are in Bangkok, try at Tang Jib Seng , Pahurat ตั้งจิ๊บเส็ง ที่ พาหุรัตน์ or any bakery shop, asking for มะพร้าวอบแห้ง ( ma prao ob haeng ). Here we bake coconut with fresh or dried coconut for cake or cookies and mix with flour. Never heard we bake with coconut flour. I think we can blend dried coconut fine like almost flour,,,, if you like. Good luck. smile.png