Take The Fresh Beer Pledge......

After spending a week in KK, near the brewery, I can honestly say that beer is a lot better, when it is fresh. Much less of a hangover, too. I've also noticed some of the bars here, advertising pretty low prices, only to find out that the beer is two months old. If we all start buying beer less than a month old, the people selling it will start keeping their suppliers more honest.

It's not an ego thing, it's a health thing and a common sense issue. Salud!

Something strange here, I brew my own and leave it to mature for at least 8 weeks, it gets better. True, as it gets better I tend to drink more, hence the hangover.

8 weeks!!!!

You've never been in Saudi have you!

Home brew there was meant to be 10 days 'matured' before drinking but sometimes you just had to sample it at 7 days and then suddenly it was gone before 10 days was up!

• Like 1

what is the stuff they call darft that they sell at gogo bars? it tastes more like vinigar the beer to me and Im sure has no alcohol, in fact its undrinkable but they all sell it. A lady told me I should pour it down the toilet because the bars recycle it if you leave it behind

what is the stuff they call darft that they sell at gogo bars? it tastes more like vinigar the beer to me and Im sure has no alcohol, in fact its undrinkable but they all sell it. A lady told me I should pour it down the toilet because the bars recycle it if you leave it behind

Now that DOES sound like the beer I used to brew in Saudi, except that it was strong!

I think most draught here is Chang as it's the cheapo one.

It's low season. The bars and suppliers are overstocked with beer that's past the sell-by date.

Try San Miguel Pale Pilsen. It's in brown bottles with gold labeling... not that San Mig Lite <deleted>. You can get it in the cooler at most Family Marts and by the case at Tesco's or Big-C (but bring your own case!). It's a low-circulation beer so they don't stock much and it is always less than a few weeks old.

Something strange here, I brew my own and leave it to mature for at least 8 weeks, it gets better. True, as it gets better I tend to drink more, hence the hangover.

8 weeks!!!!

Home brew there was meant to be 10 days 'matured' before drinking but sometimes you just had to sample it at 7 days and then suddenly it was gone before 10 days was up!

Ah well, don't forget that when I feel energetic I am putting 60 liters a month into my custom built beer cellar to mature.

It's low season. The bars and suppliers are overstocked with beer that's past the sell-by date.

Try San Miguel Pale Pilsen. It's in brown bottles with gold labeling... not that San Mig Lite <deleted>. You can get it in the cooler at most Family Marts and by the case at Tesco's or Big-C (but bring your own case!). It's a low-circulation beer so they don't stock much and it is always less than a few weeks old.

I used to live in Philippines ans the San Miguel was the wordt beer, samee as the Singha here!

8 weeks!!!!

Ah well, don't forget that when I feel energetic I am putting 60 liters a month into my custom built beer cellar to mature.

Only a weeks supply?

I used to supply a camp of expats but some of them also made some wine, sid and Jeddah Gin to keep us going!

• Like 1

I used to live in Philippines ans the San Miguel was the wordt beer

Sounds like a personal opinion to me.

He obviously never sampled the delights of Red Horse, now that is one disgusting foul tasting beer.

Edited by rgs2001uk

8 weeks!!!!

Been there done that with white wine, red wine and beer, all the time watching out for RP.

I used to live in Philippines ans the San Miguel was the wordt beer, samee as the Singha here!

Well sh!t Sherlock... EVERYONE knows that the San Mig brewed and bottled in PI is gross.

San Miguel Pale Pilsen in Thailand isn't brewed and bottled in PI... but you knew that already so....?

I think also that more times the beer gets cold then warm again it makes it stale and sour. Just a theory. My friend asked me to grab a San Mich Lite from 7 the other day, brought it back. She only drank 1/2 of it so I was about to down it. Took 2 tastes, really bad and I'm not that picky.

I used to live in Philippines ans the San Miguel was the wordt beer

Sounds like a personal opinion to me.

He obviously never sampled the delights of Red Horse, now that is one disgusting foul tasting beer.

I believe it's made from recycled horse piss.

Ok Thailander please educate me.........the numbers on the side of the box of beer I recently purchased are:

: 160612BA 12:51 Am I correct in deciphering this as 16th June 2012 (BA ????) 12:51....Time packaged?

So if I am correct, we need to rummage through all the boxes of beer until we find a recent date of package. I am sure the store owner or manager would be very understanding in my quest to "Take the fresh beer Pledge". thumbsup.gif