Bike Prices

krobert6

IF you after some rough guides, here is my list from memory, perhaps others can add or correct the prices

Fino's and Scoopy's around 45K

Nuovo and Airblades around 53k

PCX 82K

Clicks 45k

Mio's 43

Icon 39K

Suzuki Hayate 53k

Waves from 40-55

IF you after some rough guides, here is my list from memory, perhaps others can add or correct the prices

PCX 82K

Clicks 45k

Mio's 43

Icon 39K

Suzuki Hayate 53k

Waves from 40-55

PCX 82K

Clicks 45k

Mio's 43

Icon 39K

Suzuki Hayate 53k

Waves from 40-55

Thanks Phil, I was thinking of a Click 125 -I am sure I seen in Mae Chan for 52k

PCX 82K

Clicks 45k

Mio's 43

Icon 39K

Suzuki Hayate 53k

Waves from 40-55

PCX 82K

Clicks 45k

Mio's 43

Icon 39K

Suzuki Hayate 53k

Waves from 40-55

Thanks Phil, I was thinking of a Click 125 -I am sure I seen in Mae Chan for 52k

Very possible, about 2 years ago my ex bought one and paid 45.

52 should get you an airblade or a nuovo, unless as someone said dealers put their own prices,

My list for Pattaya, unsure for other locations. :(

When shopping for a bike, always check min 2-3 dealers.

It was also apparent that the new PCX was sold for app. 85k bath(all incl.) all over Pattaya that almost all the dealers had agreed upon the price. Quite a few TV member bought PCX's in a shop in Bowin some 30km from Pattaya for app 78k bath also all included.

The further away from the City's you come the cheaper they get.

It was also apparent that the new PCX was sold for app. 85k bath(all incl.) all over Pattaya that almost all the dealers had agreed upon the price. Quite a few TV member bought PCX's in a shop in Bowin some 30km from Pattaya for app 78k bath also all included.

Considering that most dealers in Pattaya are Mytion, they do not need to agree, just a memo :)

Now though the price has come down to 82K Plus the papers, but there is one shop(non mytion doing 82K all in)

I agree check with a few dealers, even some out of town as it might even be cheaper to buy elsewhere and have it shipped over.

Considering that most dealers in Pattaya are Mytion, they do not need to agree, just a memo smile.png

Now though the price has come down to 82K Plus the papers, but there is one shop(non mytion doing 82K all in)

I agree check with a few dealers, even some out of town as it might even be cheaper to buy elsewhere and have it shipped over.

I will check out prices in Mae Chan, Mae Sai and CR and see if a deal can be done.

Thanks

Why when I look at the price of bikes on http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price_List and compare them to shop prices are the shops always listing between 5-10,000 baht higher?

Because that website shows AP Honda recomended retail price. Dealers can sell for whatever price they want.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

When I bought my Honda CZi in 2008 (in Pattaya) the price was right at the price listed online in the OPs original post. But I'm hearing that dealers are charging a premium forthe new Honda CBR 250.

Supply and demand... and what ever the market will bear :)

Why when I look at the price of bikes on http://www.motorcycl...ycle_Price_List and compare them to shop prices are the shops always listing between 5-10,000 baht higher?

Perhaps you should ask the owner of that website. He is TV board member RichardBKK.

Excellent, I will

I find a lot of stuff on his site is out of date. I suspect that might be the reason for the price discrepancy.

It is certainly true that the site's prices are frequently out of date. RichBKK once posted that he posts what he receives from the manufacturers, which might suggest that the site is not aggressive in seeking out today's prices. I still find it useful as a starting point.

But with Honda, as we all know, short supply, high demand, and (onerous) price 'agreement' among dealers (families) raise prices to notorious levels. In such situations, we've had to wait them out until the market changes or someone here mentions an acceptable alternative. Or we get lucky with our searches for an exception.

Clicki-125, as mentioned above, is a different animal beyond the engine and now costs about 52, all in (govt. ins. only) here in Chiang Mai.

Edited by CMX

Thanks all.

I have sent a mail to the site - the prices do say 2012 but who knows eh?

The 52k is around what I was seeing for the Clicki 125 as well in Mae Chan.

My wife has a Yam Nano and I am looking for something that I can get round in with a little more power as we drove to Mae Sai from Chiang Saen and the Nano coped but did not like a couple of hills too much - so the Click 125 or the PCX (no chuckling from you moto revheads :))

• 10 months later...

I understand that Triumph Bonneville T100 m/c's are manufactured in Thailand. The current list price appears to be a staggering 580,000 B whereas the same machine

manufactured in the UK has a list price of 7,000 GBP ( at the exchange rate of, say 50 B to the Pound, this would be 350,000 B ) !!!

Considering that Thai employment and manufacturing costs, etc are a fraction of those in the UK, it would seem that there is a massive rip-off going on.

Can anyone explain this, please.

I have been living in Thailand for a number of years and I have also seen that the Thai prices of consumer electronic items and cameras are about the same or more expensive than the UK................ and on top of that if you buy a computer here it is more than likely that the software will be pirated, or the genuine programmes are charged extra.

Clearly there is a huge racket going on and I guess all retailers are controlled by Cartels taking a very fat percentage.

I understand that Triumph Bonneville T100 m/c's are manufactured in Thailand.  The current list price appears to be a staggering 580,000 B whereas the same machine

manufactured in the UK has a list price of 7,000 GBP  ( at the exchange rate of, say 50 B to the Pound, this would be 350,000 B ) !!!

Considering that Thai employment and manufacturing costs, etc are a fraction of those in the UK, it would seem that there is a massive rip-off going on.

I have been living in Thailand for a number of years and I have also seen that the Thai prices of consumer electronic items and cameras are about the same or more expensive than the UK................ and on top of that if you buy a computer here it is more than likely that the software will be pirated, or the genuine programmes are charged extra.

Clearly there is a huge racket going on and I guess all retailers are controlled by Cartels taking a very fat percentage.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

The Triumph is manufactured under BOI rules (Board of Investment) one of those is that the factory is in Thailand but the products are for export to Europe and the UK etc. Hence the bikes are taxed as imports at a MUCH higher tax rate.

I understand that Triumph Bonneville T100 m/c's are manufactured in Thailand. The current list price appears to be a staggering 580,000 B whereas the same machine

manufactured in the UK has a list price of 7,000 GBP ( at the exchange rate of, say 50 B to the Pound, this would be 350,000 B ) !!!

The Triumph is manufactured under BOI rules (Board of Investment) one of those is that the factory is in Thailand but the products are for export to Europe and the UK etc. Hence the bikes are taxed as imports at a MUCH higher tax rate.

Thanks for this.........It sheds some light on the price differential, but Triumph UK say that the Thai factory is for supplying the Asean market. The UK factory for supply to Europe.

Triumph have four factories here giving employment to a large number of people......... in return the BOI impose crippling taxes on their products, as though they were imported ! Perhaps it would be a good idea if manufacturers here gave a breakdown of their prices so that the tax element can be clearly seen.

One wonders if the same policy is applied to all foreign manufacturers............such as Toyota, Honda, etc.,etc. My guess is that the policy is applied selectively, otherwise Thais could never afford a Honda Dream.

Thanks for this.........It sheds some light on the price differential, but Triumph UK say that the Thai factory is for supplying the Asean market. The UK factory for supply to Europe.

Triumph have four factories here giving employment to a large number of people......... in return the BOI impose crippling taxes on their products, as though they were imported ! Perhaps it would be a good idea if manufacturers here gave a breakdown of their prices so that the tax element can be clearly seen.

One wonders if the same policy is applied to all foreign manufacturers............such as Toyota, Honda, etc.,etc. My guess is that the policy is applied selectively, otherwise Thais could never afford a Honda Dream.

I have heard that Triumph have been trying to renegotiate the BOI contract the same as Kawasakis and Hondas (Triumph chose the contract they have based on cost and tax breaks) . The other point is the Triumph dealer here likes the high price it adds prestige to the bikes (at least in the eyes of the coffee shop riders) they do not really want to spend the money on the expansion that would be involved in cheaper prices .. weird I know but rich kids playthings generally are.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thaicbr