Visa To Live In Bkk, Not Work Or Retire

I would like to ask you guys a question for a visitor of a Dutch website of mine. He is a Dutch guy, 25 years old. He would like to keep his foreign job in the shiping business and live in Bangkok, Thailand. He earns about 7500 dollar net per month. What kind of visa can he can get to live in Thailand? Can he exchange is for a resident permit later on?

He is not married to a Thai, not working for a company in Thailand and not 50 years or older. How could he get a visa and what type would that be? Is setting up a front Thai limited company the only way? Or are there other possibilities?

Thanks,

Jasper

A three million baht investment extension of stay as outlined on immigration website HERE

Application for extension of stay of persons investing a minimum of 3 million Baht in the Kingdom

Required Documents

Evidence of transfer of at least 3 million Baht from abroad into Thailand. The applicant must be either the sender abroad or the recipient in Thailand of the investment.

Evidence of investing the transferred money after the transfer is completed in one or several of the following cases:

Deposit the money in a fixed account of a state bank (Krung Thai Bank, Government Savings Bank, Bank for Agriculture and Cooperative, Ratanasin Bank, Srinakhorn Bank, Nakhornluang Thai Bank, Housing Bank)

Buy bonds issued by a state agency or government enterprise. The bonds must be purchased directly from a state agency or government enterprise or an authorised dealer.

Buy an apartment or condominium at the price set and registered by the Land Department.

Any kind of investment deemed beneficial to the country by the Immigration Bureau.

Conditions for permission

The foreign national must permanently possess the investment. If he wishes to change the kind of investment, he first has to ask for permission to change the kind of investment and may then change to a new permanent kind of investment.

Note

For more information, please call 0-2213-2556

For info on starting up a Thai company, see: Starting Company In Thailand

For info on different visa types, see: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Visas and Travel Documents Affairs

Vinny,

Foreign Affairs quotes the visa types:

1. Transit Visa

2. Tourist Visa

3. Non-Immigrant Visa

4. Diplomatic Visa

5. Official Visa

6. Immigrant Visa

7. Non-Quota Immigrant Visa

8. Courtesy Visa

I don't see any information I don't have, which will help my website visitor except for starting up a front company to obtain a Non Immigrant B visa to stay in Thailand. But I thought you couldn't get a residence permit based upon a Non Immigrant B visa...?

This is the best choice for him to live in Thailand.

Investment Visa

1.Investment of 3 million THB in Government Bank or Bond

or

2.Investment of 3 million THB in Government approved Condo [buy from Thai real estate company]

we_zaa