What Email Client, Webmail Do You Use?

george

What email client, webmail do you use?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Outlook Express for my Official email. easy and simple. no fuss. hotmail is my oldest webmail account and almost everybody knows it so I don't wanna change it. Hotmail at one point was giving mimimum space and also became the slowest webmail account but now the things have improved, the speed is good and recently my account size was increased from 25 mb to 250 mb so I'm happy. anyways, if somebody is still having the 2mb account, let me know and I'll guide u how to increase the space to 25 mb. I've also got yahoo and gmail accounts. and I also have around 90 gmail invites. send me ur email address and I'll send u invites.

Cheers

Vivek

I use Eudora for e-mail.

It happily reads all my gmail, yahoo and local accounts.

Opera for the web

I would have gone for Firefox, but it would not import my extensive address book from Opera. Shame.

I cannot understand all the people who still put their faith in Microsoft for mail.

Although only a small sample, it's interesting that gmail's invite only, beta system has polled much better than hotmail and yahoo considering the length of time they've been around. Gmail is great, tons of features and fast. I guess most ppl have no concern about what they do with the data they collect when scanning mail.

Hotmail has promised upgrades but I don't see them delivering... my account still has only 25MB.

I just use my hotmail for junk nowadays.

With the invitation system Google are probably just trying to reduce the number of free email accounts setup by spammers.

I use MS Outlook for years and haven't found anything comparable. The integration of Contacts, Calendar and Mail is just great. However, I have some apathy towards MS in general and migrate to Linux at the moment.

Talking about that: Does anybody know a reliable (!!) company in the vicinity of Pattaya/Rayong that actually CAN do that migration? I'm studying that by myself now and it's still a way to go as it seems...

Hotmail for the past 8 or so years...I also have accounts with GMail (for POP3 with Outlook) and Yahoo for the IM client, but Hotmail remains my favorite for its tight integration with all things Microsoft. Never had problems with security either, I think it's mainly a question of common sense not to open weird stuff.

I use the Bat for itd power and security. AS my account is on my own server, no problem roaming BUT anyone having an problem use www.mail2web.com

I use MS Outlook for years and haven't found anything comparable. The integration of Contacts, Calendar and Mail is just great. However, I have some apathy towards MS in general and migrate to Linux at the moment.

Talking about that: Does anybody know a reliable (!!) company in the vicinity of Pattaya/Rayong that actually CAN do that migration? I'm studying that by myself now and it's still a way to go as it seems...

Answer is simplyNO. However WINE and other products will move / migrate emails and the Bat as I use it can run under Linux.You can run VMWARE under Linux for apps really needing windows but essentially, you want to live in china, learn chinese,,,,

• 2 months later...

Although only a small sample, it's interesting that gmail's invite only, beta system has polled much better than hotmail and yahoo considering the length of time they've been around. Gmail is great, tons of features and fast. I guess most ppl have no concern about what they do with the data they collect when scanning mail.

Hotmail has promised upgrades but I don't see them delivering... my account still has only 25MB.

I just use my hotmail for junk nowadays.

With the invitation system Google are probably just trying to reduce the number of free email accounts setup by spammers.

Hello. I'm used to send mails by a specific software of my provider or by it's web-based service if on the run. Personally i don't like to use MS products. But as long as i need another eMail account, there's hotmail or ...

Maybe somebody might pm me an invitation for Google Mail?

Peter

Edited by Sturbuc

I'm beginning to like Thunderbird for pop3/news/rss

For webmail I use mail.com because you can choose from many domain names and don't wind up with an email address like [email protected] With all the free email out there I can't understand why people suffer through hotmail.

cv

CDNvic - do you know a way to automatically forward all Hotmail email through to a Gmail account? I'd love to change over to Gmail permanently, just that I'm too "established" with Hotmail now, all my contacts have that address. If there is a way to redirect emails to it though, it could be the answer to my prayers...

Pre-97 when Hotmail wasn't part of microsoft you could auto-forward, but it was abused by spammers. Now you're stuck with it. :o

cv

I may be wrong but if you are using outlook then you could setup a rule so that all email coming in on the hotmail forwards to the google account. Sort of defeats the object as you could end up downloading twice but at least it goes to google. You could possibly set a rule to auto delete as well however i am not sure how it would work.

Give it a try!!

Maybe somebody might pm me an invitation for Google Mail?

Peter

Google has enhanced their sign up process to verfiy your identity via mobile phone. You should not have any issues signing up without an invite at:

http://mail.google.com

It worked last I tried a Thailand # about a month ago.

PM me if you encounter any issues.

Have fun!

Edited by udance4ever

Outlook All my accounts are collected by outlook so I can keep them on my computer

Gmail

Yahoo

inbox

mail.com

Firefox I prefer firefox to mozilla

I try to stay as far away from IE as possible

I keep gmail open in a tab in Firefox that collects all my gmail accounts and Gmail notifier in the task bar

Firefox has 17 tabs open with amny add ons to enhance the look.

Weather in the topbar coloured tabs close button plus some I've forgotten about

I also have portable firefox on a USB drive that I take with me everywhere.