Car Insurance

meatboy

AXA Car Insurance, Check out the policy on their site. You can get NO Claim Bonus if you have paperwork to prove it even from your home country, up tp 50%. Also you get Free Car Hire and Accommodation if involved in an accident away from your home area. I think it is the best policy available in Thailand.

I have been with Navakij - (www.navakiji.co.th) for my last 3 trucks, seem pretty efficient, but there again have never claimed for anything!. There are many others, perhaps visit a broker to see which is best.

If you bought a new car, 99.9% of the cases insurance is included or arranged via the dealer. These policies tend to be ok but not the best, especially with regards to replacement value.

If insurance is not included or you want addional/replacement insurance, check e.g. QBE, Axa and Allianz.

• Like 1

I have been with Navakij - (www.navakiji.co.th) for my last 3 trucks, seem pretty efficient, but there again have never claimed for anything!. There are many others, perhaps visit a broker to see which is best.

I was with them for 6 years with my old Sportsrider, when i bought my new Pajero they only offered me 10% No Claim as they say the policy is on the car not the driver so you start again with a new car. I told them to stick it and went to AXA. You will also get a reduction if you use a Named Driver on your policy, this is also a good reason why other persons cannot drive your car.

AXA Car Insurance, Check out the policy on their site. You can get NO Claim Bonus if you have paperwork to prove it even from your home country, up tp 50%. Also you get Free Car Hire and Accommodation if involved in an accident away from your home area. I think it is the best policy available in Thailand.

we did have a quote from the dealer 19,000bht but would rather arrange our own.axa would be my choice,oh fk.40years no claim in uk.no proof.

Your insurance company from the UK can provide proof. Mine did a few years ago and NZI insurance honoured it in Thailand

thanks bm.waiting for a reply from axa told them i have 40yrs,mrs,20 no claim direct line ins.uk

Your insurance company from the UK can provide proof. Mine did a few years ago and NZI insurance honoured it in Thailand

thanks bm.waiting for a reply from axa told them i have 40yrs,mrs,20 no claim direct line ins.uk

just had a quote from axa which including compulsery ins.26,000bht does that seem a bit over the top.

just had a quote from axa which including compulsery ins.26,000bht does that seem a bit over the top.

Impossible to judge without knowing: car value, kind of car, baseprice or no claim included, etc.

Impossible to judge without knowing: car value, kind of car, baseprice or no claim included, etc.

toyota vios trd.sportivo 1.5,625,000bht.no mention of any discount named 2drivers.

toyota vios trd.sportivo 1.5,625,000bht.no mention of any discount named 2drivers.

I'm sure you can find cheaper, especially with named drivers. But as was mentioned earlier, Axa offers afaik the most comprehensive insurance. And if you can get some no claim on this policy it will make the difference far less.

IMO with these things: make sure you have good coverage, so when something happens you're taken care of, at that point in time you don't want any hassle. Do make sure the value of the car on the police/quotation is not too low.

I've been with Chaz brokers for three years but I've never made a claim so how much can I really know? lol. You can lower a quote a little by stipulating a named driver on the policy, as you would in the UK, and drastically lower any quote by stipulating 'authorised garage' repair as opposed to dealership. I wouldn't recommend this! Your 26k quote on the Vios sounds right to me, it'll be dealership repaired in the event of a claim.

had a decent deal with the dealer,virayah ins. 15,000bht tried a broker but they couldnt match it.

Had an accident a couple of months ago, Virijah took care of repair. It took them months to get the original Nissan parts (they ordered via a subdealer to save costs), repair was done sub par, Virijah lied to me and are still lying to me, never answered letters, etc. Would recommend to stay away from them.

I've been with "Safety" for years but never made a claim apart from windscreen - which was done with no hassle.

Interested in AXA - do they offer cover abroad - (e.g. Laos and Malaysia)?

No only Thailand - as with all Thai insurance companies

• 1 month later...

I've been with "Safety" for years but never made a claim apart from windscreen - which was done with no hassle.

sorry but my company offers FULL COVER - in Laos at least

Getting cover when traveling abroad.......Issue number one - Is it not foolhardy taking your car into another country without insurance? - for example - The 300 baht you pay on the Laos border is surely for the absolute minimum cover. e.g. if you drive into someone's house and kill the granny, they'll probably pay for the granny but not the house.It would be of particular concern that it doesn't have bail-bond cover. (The Laos company is AGL - so you might contact them for further cover.)Issue number two - Will the company actually spring into action a do what they say on the paper.....I haven't had the misfortune to make a claim yet - touch wood, so I can't say.has anyone actually had to make a claim whilst incurring damages abroad?I would also suggest that several companies will offer cover for travel abroad - it is just a matter of asking the right person - remember that this is still a rare request for the average insurance office clerk.

Edited by Histavia

beware if this happens to you,my bil was involved in an accident he has full 1st class ins.no problem he thought,but because he had a body kit put on and changed the wheels to alloy they would not pay for any extra's that he had added.

sorry but my company offers FULL COVER - in Laos at least

Which insurance company please ?

beware if this happens to you,my bil was involved in an accident he has full 1st class ins.no problem he thought,but because he had a body kit put on and changed the wheels to alloy they would not pay for any extra's that he had added.

further to the above he went to purchase a new wheel only to be told sorry you have to buy the set 4,surely that cant be right.

When adding extras to a vehicle you have to notify the insurance company who may/may not increase the insurance cost. I converted my car to LPG and was added to the policy at no extra cost.