Western Women

Glauka

There a faults in both camps , too many generalisations. A farang lady in Los may meet a certain type of Farang Man ( whoremonger) and form an opinion based upon this type, after meeting a few more of that ilk.

In the future she may dismiss all farang men as this type , she may dismiss a "decent" type of male farang who will in turn start to generalise all farang women in Los as " feminazi" when of course they are not.

In either camps these type exist ( Feminazi/ Male whoremongers) but their numbers will only increase as a result of the above generalisation process.

Chon ( in a gogo bar )

:o

Edited by chonabot

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know us all as to speak so general about certain group within the population?

I AM A WOMAN and some of you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature....

Most of the "bashing" usually comes after the "old, fat, ugly loser" with the "young Thai girl" rants.

I think the fact that so many are judged so quickly as "old, fat and ugly", and therefore "losers", is why many sense a difference with non-Western women.

TRUE, but do you know why?

Because we remind them of a society where they didn't, couldn't or were not willing to live life like a decnt human being and work hard for the love of a good woman which they could not because they had nothing to impress and no respect and therefore fell at the first hurdle. i think you will find a lot of the men that are replying on this thread are still back in thier home country but with thai connections and are respectable people in thier communities

They are annoyed at themselves and how they have turned out and they take it out on us as if we were on the paradisical territory that they had discovered and was rightly theirs, and they neanderthal as they are, they do not feel 100% at ease whoring and pratting about in the midst of women the same colour as their mother.

oh my word somebody stole your sweeties? with an attitude like this, best you not enter public relations and keep away from them horrible men folk, until they gain the intelligence level of yourself.

Thailand is seen by them as MALE TERRITORY.

Can I just add that the 'Us' in the first line applies to western women in Thailand and the 'them' applies to a particular breed of man that Thailand unfortunately attracts in droves. tell us what made you want to live in los, and would your reason for liking thailand be any different from a lot of guys on this forum. as i see it on this forum the breed of man that frequents it has more than a modicum of intelligence, the board you could post on with the so called breed of man you are reffering to would be 'barladies.com' and not thai visa so maybe you could log on there and put your point of view forward, and see the civilised replies you would undoubtedly recieve.

There are even some men in Thailand who would agree with me here.

gluaka

you say you don't understand the way men think, sometimes we don't understand ourselves at all, it takes a few beers to get things in perspective and to truly understand our selves :o .

oops big opologies Glauka

phonetically would that be pronounced Gl-ow- ka or Gl-owh-ka

Edited by opothai

Do you know us all as to speak so general about certain group within the population?

I AM A WOMAN and some of you should try to find out before call us all those horribles adjectives and describing us a some kind of horrible creature....

Most of the "bashing" usually comes after the "old, fat, ugly loser" with the "young Thai girl" rants.

I think the fact that so many are judged so quickly as "old, fat and ugly", and therefore "losers", is why many sense a difference with non-Western women.

Because we remind them of a society where they didn't, couldn't or were not willing to live life like a decnt human being and work hard for the love of a good woman which they could not because they had nothing to impress and no respect and therefore fell at the first hurdle.

They are annoyed at themselves and how they have turned out and they take it out on us as if we were on the paradisical territory that they had discovered and was rightly theirs, and they neanderthal as they are, they do not feel 100% at ease whoring and pratting about in the midst of women the same colour as their mother.

Can I just add that the 'Us' in the first line applies to western women in Thailand and the 'them' applies to a particular breed of man that Thailand unfortunately attracts in droves.

A very misanthropic post Uma. You didn't hold back did you? Apparently any male who lives and marries in Thailand wasn't willing to live life like a decent human being, couldn't get the love of a decent woman and are whoring, neanderthal pratts. :D

I don't think this was the message Glauka was trying give when she started this post.

Quite right you are old croc...I didn´t want any bashing although maybe some of my lasted post comments could seem as bashing western men I AM SORRY FOR THAT... :D

Also I don´t think that all men who come to thailand and get marry is because the could not live as a decent guy back home...I think their last experience create some resentment against us...and IMHO is not fair because not all western women are the same...For instance spanish culture is different from english so, few education points differ among individuals...(e,g Spain has been a catholic country all through its history also we have lived under a dictatorship for 36 years...this kind of things affects people education).

also i don´t think that women are angels...behaviours depends on people, situations, circumstances...and i think all of us have commit more than once a silly thing and we have inflected pain to others...

Again I wanted to show my opinion of the matter...

Uma I respect your opinion but bashing get us nowhere...if we start bashing we are not going to discuss nicely anymore...and I am interested in peoples opinon because it seems that this problem has been going on for some time in TV.

opathai my name is GLAUKA :o:D

Edited by Glauka

Because we remind them of a society where they didn't, couldn't or were not willing to live life like a decnt human being and work hard for the love of a good woman which they could not because they had nothing to impress and no respect and therefore fell at the first hurdle. i think you will find a lot of the men that are replying on this thread are still back in thier home country but with thai connections and are respectable people in thier communities

oh my word somebody stole your sweeties? with an attitude like this, best you not enter public relations and keep away from them horrible men folk, until they gain the intelligence level of yourself.

Can I just add that the 'Us' in the first line applies to western women in Thailand and the 'them' applies to a particular breed of man that Thailand unfortunately attracts in droves. tell us what made you want to live in los, and would your reason for liking thailand be any different from a lot of guys on this forum. as i see it on this forum the breed of man that frequents it has more than a modicum of intelligence, the board you could post on with the so called breed of man you are reffering to would be 'barladies.com' and not thai visa so maybe you could log on there and put your point of view forward, and see the civilised replies you would undoubtedly recieve.

gluaka

you say you don't understand the way men think, sometimes we don't understand ourselves at all, it takes a few beers to get things in perspective and to truly understand our selves :D .

oops big opologies Glauka

phonetically would that be pronounced Gl-ow- ka or Gl-owh-ka

I don´t know I am spanish so It will be pronouce Gla-u-ka :o

Yes, indeed. :D

This thread has attracted the lot:

BLAME:

(Unsubstantiated claim, probably by one of the 'losers'. :D )

DILUTING and DIVERTING:

And it is not just women either that get generalised but men do as well....

You have raised an interesting point here....can we have a topic about western women bashing but not a BG bashing topic.????

(Yeah, why talk about Western women, and not about men or bgs... :o )

Asserting FALSE ASSUMPTIONS:

now why does the western woman want to work and have children and run a house at the same time, beats me
(Glauka and all Western women are like this? :D:D )

DENIAL:

I have nothing against Western women.
(Haha... :D)

DENIAL, while adding yet unother INSULT:

G

lauka I dont see many TV males bashing western women posts The only time I here about it is when a TV lady gets on her high horse and starts to whine

Maybe it is just that time of month ??

(I haven't figured out yet, at which time of the month this poster switches his brain on for a bit. :D)

CONDESCENDING:

Pity we can't have this discussion in the office so you could get us all a cup of coffee while we wrap things up
(funny, but patronising. :burp: )

QUESTIONING the legitimacy:

Are you a western? Your english does not appear to be that of a western women.
(The author needs some English lessons, too. :D )

Good on the "girls" for taking it with a sense of humour!

But then, the boys' fragile ego gets offended:

this thread started off being quite constructive and interesting, with no name calling no women bashing just views and opinions. now with the extra influx of women, bashing the western man just where do you think you are taking it.

(Sure, all reasonable, respectful comments so far... :D )

I wish I had Suegha's attitude:

I used to feel angered towards such people and now I just feel pity.

enterteining post Blabbel...

However i agree with opothai that we should try to keep the topic as formal as possible...there are good post here and I am learning different ways of thinking...this seems to be the eternal discussion, maybe some of us can learn something from it or at least how to understand eachothers better...

Anyway we the tv girls have many topics where we have fun...We like to enjoy and have a laugh...

that´s why i like them... :o

Edited by Glauka

Glauka.........There are a few double edged swords being made here...

You start a thread on Western women being verbally bashed on this forum, I made the comment that we cant discuss the bashing of BG's even if it was started by a BG as it against the rules to discuss BG's. These rules are made by the site admin and mods.

Another double edged sword that has emerged is that you as a woman can bash men....but men cannot do the same back as is it against the rules of the forum. I quote:

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

If you read this rule it would appear that men cannot make certain comments about women BUT women have no such restriction on them in regard towards men. Hows that for equality???

Where is the line to be drawn???

You are asking men to defend themselves in regard to their attitude to Western women, do you not expect men to get defensive when you ask this question?? and you made the comment that it happens a lot on TV.....I dont see that....sorry

Many men have told of a bad experience with a Western woman but just as many have said that it doesnt put them off Western women. They have just found something in Thai women that appeals to them more, I am talking about the guys who are looking for more than a 24 hr shagfest here. It is no different to a guy going to Spain looking for a Spanish wife because he had a bad experience with his UK ex wife. This thread is destined to go around in never ending circles.

I too think that you are taking this too personally....the comment you quoted was out of line to the context of the topic and I dont blame you for being a bit cheesed off about it, it was uncalled for. But now you have potentially opened up another can of worms...

Glauka.........There are a few double edged swords being made here...

You start a thread on Western women being verbally bashed on this forum, I made the comment that we cant discuss the bashing of BG's even if it was started by a BG as it against the rules to discuss BG's. These rules are made by the site admin and mods.

Another double edged sword that has emerged is that you as a woman can bash men....but men cannot do the same back as is it against the rules of the forum. I quote:

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

If you read this rule it would appear that men cannot make certain comments about women BUT women have no such restriction on them in regard towards men. Hows that for equality???

Where is the line to be drawn???

You are asking men to defend themselves in regard to their attitude to Western women, do you not expect men to get defensive when you ask this question?? and you made the comment that it happens a lot on TV.....I dont see that....sorry

Many men have told of a bad experience with a Western woman but just as many have said that it doesnt put them off Western women. They have just found something in Thai women that appeals to them more, I am talking about the guys who are looking for more than a 24 hr shagfest here. It is no different to a guy going to Spain looking for a Spanish wife because he had a bad experience with his UK ex wife. This thread is destined to go around in never ending circles.

I too think that you are taking this too personally....the comment you quoted was out of line to the context of the topic and I dont blame you for being a bit cheesed off about it, it was uncalled for. But now you have potentially opened up another can of worms...

Sorry what are you talking about...what topic I quote? what other can of worms?

I think by posting the rules the admin and mods can maybe do a change on those rules...

Again i take it personal because i started the topic. I take it personal as a western woman but i don´t feel insulted as GLAUKA so again is personal because I belong to the group of people being bashed....and again is my opinion on the matter...

Edited by Glauka

blubble

your highly insightfull, intelectual replies have little to do with anything that is being discussed here, i suggest if you want to play the clown or village idiot you go to the joke section, as far as this thread is going you seem to want to destroy any chance of it's survival.

if it is your aim to destroy this thread then just say so.

when you catorgorise quotes then at least do it with the full quote not just snippets that seem to amuse only you.

Glauka,

I think you would agree that Spain in general and the status of Spanish women in particular has changed beyond all recognition since General Franco died in 1975. While the sexual revolution swept through Europe and the USA, it completely bypassed concervative, Catholic Spain.

During Franco's era women were no where near as free as they are today. They were seen as housewives that made babies and looked after the house, in fact, they were probably closer to the situation Thai women face today than the European women of the sixties.

How have the older Spanish generation that were brought up during Franco's reign coped with the change?

blubble

your highly insightfull, intelectual replies have little to do with anything that is being discussed here, i suggest if you want to play the clown or village idiot you go to the joke section, as far as this thread is going you seem to want to destroy any chance of it's survival.

when you catorgorise quotes then at least do it with the full quote not just snippets that seem to amuse only you.

I think insulting is not needed. Topics get closed because people start insulting each other... :o

Please quote one comment from Glauka where she "bashes" men.

I'd say she's gone out of her way to accomodate all sorts here. :D

and you made the comment that it happens a lot on TV.....I dont see that....sorry

Well, you wouldn't, though it's been pointed out to you repeatedly. :D

I too think that you are taking this too personally....the comment you quoted was out of line to the context of the topic and I dont blame you for being a bit cheesed off about it, it was uncalled for.
Sure. it must be her fault, nobody made any derogatory comments about Western "girls" on this forum... :o

for some posters here: women who want equal rights = "feminazi"

Sorry to go off topic, but, the above statement reminded me of this little gem from the movie The Life of Brian:-

REG:

Why don't you shut up about women, Stan. You're putting us off.

STAN:

Women have a perfect right to play a part in our movement, Reg.

FRANCIS:

Why are you always on about women, Stan?

STAN:

I want to be one.

REG:

What?

STAN:

I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.

REG:

What?!

LORETTA:

It's my right as a man.

JUDITH:

Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?

LORETTA:

I want to have babies.

REG:

You want to have babies?!

LORETTA:

It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.

REG:

But... you can't have babies.

LORETTA:

Don't you oppress me.

REG:

I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!

LORETTA:

[crying]

Hi Glauka,

All the presumed bashing of Western women or Western men, I do not get it and I do not really see it frequently here.

As for finding your soulmate, forget it. There are more then 5 billion people on this planet so you would have to interview/date each and everyone of them.

Yes you can find a person you can go along with well.

It could be physical or something else you fall in love with.

The problem with Western and Western relation is that both want to be independed (most).

So you develop together but seperate.

You have your own goals in life and so your partner has (work for example).

You become so independend that you might ask yourself: for what do I need a partner.

Both are so busy with their own life that the other becomes sort of friend who you live with.

And then what you do when you or both realise that?

That is the problem, after some time you do not need or are atracted to the other anymore. Physical attraction could fade and all of the other things also slowly fade away.

Things just get kind of normal.

Thai girl might think: OK I have BF or husband, he have job so he can take care me and my family.

I just have to take care him.

Western girl might think: Ok we have come to and end here. There is no passion and lust anymore let 's move on.

Maybe it is that fear that make Western men look for an Asian girl instead of Western girl, not sure. Just thinking freely na.

Kind regards, Alex

Glauka,

I think you would agree that Spain in general and the status of Spanish women in particular has changed beyond all recognition since General Franco died in 1975. While the sexual revolution swept through Europe and the USA, it completely bypassed concervative, Catholic Spain.

During Franco's era women were no where near as free as they are today. They were seen as housewives that made babies and looked after the house, in fact, they were probably closer to the situation Thai women face today than the European women of the sixties.

How have the older Spanish generation that were brought up during Franco's reign coped with the change?

Yes spanish women status has change greatly and it can be seen in the new generations...however my mother´s generation and my generation have still reminiscence of Franco´s education...its tak several generation to clean the damage of a dictationship out of its people.

Women in my generation are still very conservative. T.V shows all this liberal programms however in many women minds there is this feeling of not being a good girl, moral guilt based in Catholic church, of course. Many men think the same though, they want their girlfriend to be nice girls...

I am working so i apologize for my grammar and spelling I can´t check the post...

b]

I think by posting the rules the admin and mods can maybe do a change on those rules...

Again i take it personal because i started the topic. I take it personal as a western woman but i don´t feel insulted as GLAUKA so again is personal because I belong to the group of people being bashed....and again is my opinion on the matter...

I was referring to the Feminazi police comment.... :D

Another can of worms was in regard to you pushing some previously untouched limits by the very nature of this thread and the possible implications. How does it feel to be a trendsetter??? :D

Some people here have already tried to get rules changed...it doesnt seem to happen but however you may have just put some thought into their minds. :D

I can see where you are at, in that as a western woman you feel aggrieved, Dont you think that many people feel the same when their preference, opinion, way of life is also bashed by others. You have your opinion and others have theirs...there will be little agreement in this thread and a lot of dissent....no one will change so where does it go??

Be yourself, get what you want out of life, do what appeals to you...dont worry about what others think or even say...will their opinions change you...I very much doubt it. :D

Blabbels......your challenge is not even worth considering..... :o

Edited by gburns57au

Before going any further let me state that i fully belive in each and every individuals uniquesness.

But that said , generalization can be valid when used within the right context....ie..any generalization starting with: Western Women is.... , is clearly invalid due to the wast differences in countries and/or traditions inhearent in the "western world" .

BUT..you can generalize about people from one region/country/religion and it can be a valid point, if a high enough % does more or less fit under the description....

This again does not mean that all people from that region/country/religion necessarely are of that inclination/character, but that if you meet someone from there is a high risk that the are..lol

Again..do not judge people by gender/nationality/color/religion only..always let their individual traits also come into consideration......

Now..onto this subject...

Personally i do prefer Asian women soly based on esthetic preferences....

And before someone call me shallow....i do not choose a partner based on looks....but lets face it looks/attraction is what sparks the interesst necessary to invest the time to really get to know someone well.

And before i forget, i did live and work in Spain some years ago too... and actually the way girls acted/was brought up along with the typical macho man image style adopted by the boys did bear a strong resembelance to what is also a very typical pattern in Asia.

Edited by toyicebear

My favorite women in the world are Western women of Asian (Oriental) origin. They think and converse like Westerners, but are often as feminine and lovely as their ancestors.

However, for some reason they tend to think of me as a dirty, lecherous old uncle or a decrepit, elderly has-been, rather than a knight in shining white armor.

Thai women are my second favorites! :D

The above comment imply that we western women are not femenine and that Thai women are not so clever/or mature...

This kind of comments are the ones I refer to...

Talk about putting words in someone else's mouth, where do I say that Western women are not feminine or that Thai women are not clever or mature?

I do think that that - in general - Thai women are more feminine than Western women -anyone that can't see that needs an eye exam and a CAT SCAN - but I don't think that they ae less mature or clever than Westerners - quite the contrary - only that they think differently than we do because they come from a different culture and background.

If you don't have the facts to support your opinion, just make them up! :o

My favorite women in the world are Western women of Asian (Oriental) origin. They think and converse like Westerners, but are often as feminine and lovely as their ancestors.

However, for some reason they tend to think of me as a dirty, lecherous old uncle or a decrepit, elderly has-been, rather than a knight in shining white armor.

The above comment imply that we western women are not femenine and that Thai women are not so clever/or mature...

Talk about putting words in someone else's mouth, where do I say that Western women are not feminine or that Thai women are not clever or mature?

I do think that that - in general - Thai women are more feminine than Western women -anyone that can't see that needs an eye exam and a CAT SCAN - but I don't think that they ae less mature or clever than Westerners - quite the contrary - only that they think differently than we do because they come from a different culture and background.

If you don't have the facts to support your opinion, just make them up! :o

I apologize for not explain myself correctly...

IMHO your above comment says that western woman are not as femenine as thai and your reply shows that in fact this is the way you think. Well I disagree with you enourmously....

I find a bit arrogant to state that if people do not agree with you on that thai women are more femenine than western women they need and eye test...well because you don´t know any western women as femenine as thai women doesn´t mean that anyone else doesn´t....

About cleverness, sorry but i misunderstood your sentence " they think and talk as western women" ...

I am going to complete ignore your last sentence because Ulysses I can´t really be bother!!

Hi Glauka,

All the presumed bashing of Western women or Western men, I do not get it and I do not really see it frequently here.

As for finding your soulmate, forget it. There are more then 5 billion people on this planet so you would have to interview/date each and everyone of them.

Yes you can find a person you can go along with well.

It could be physical or something else you fall in love with.

The problem with Western and Western relation is that both want to be independed (most).

So you develop together but seperate.

You have your own goals in life and so your partner has (work for example).

You become so independend that you might ask yourself: for what do I need a partner.

Both are so busy with their own life that the other becomes sort of friend who you live with.

And then what you do when you or both realise that?

That is the problem, after some time you do not need or are atracted to the other anymore. Physical attraction could fade and all of the other things also slowly fade away.

Things just get kind of normal.

Thai girl might think: OK I have BF or husband, he have job so he can take care me and my family.

I just have to take care him.

Western girl might think: Ok we have come to and end here. There is no passion and lust anymore let 's move on.

Maybe it is that fear that make Western men look for an Asian girl instead of Western girl, not sure. Just thinking freely na.

Kind regards, Alex

I am nearly finish working so i will reply you later or pm you o.k

Edited by Glauka

blubble

Don't worry about "blabble". He is an equal opportunity annoyance.

His "point of view" from moment to moment mostly depends on what will make the most people agree with him while hurting someone else's feelings.

Today he is bashing you; Tomorrow he will be backing you to the hilt.

It all stems from low self-esteem! :o

b]

I was referring to the Feminazi police comment.... :D

Another can of worms was in regard to you pushing some previously untouched limits by the very nature of this thread and the possible implications. How does it feel to be a trendsetter??? :D

Some people here have already tried to get rules changed...it doesnt seem to happen but however you may have just put some thought into their minds. :D

I can see where you are at, in that as a western woman you feel aggrieved, Dont you think that many people feel the same when their preference, opinion, way of life is also bashed by others. You have your opinion and others have theirs...there will be little agreement in this thread and a lot of dissent....no one will change so where does it go??

Be yourself, get what you want out of life, do what appeals to you...dont worry about what others think or even say...will their opinions change you...I very much doubt it. :D

Blabbels......your challenge is not even worth considering..... :o

Every people will feel more affected by some comments that other...this bashing comments are the ones that affect me so I just give my opinion...everybody can do it if they want to...

I am don´t know if some people will change their view about western woman by rising this topic but at least i can understand better your points of view...

I just care about people who love me think of me....

I must go so i will finish later

IMHO your above comment says that western woman are not as femenine as thai and your reply shows that in fact this is the way you think. Well I disagree with you enourmously....

That is your right, and the purpose of this forum, however, I'm not sure that deciding who is the most "feminine" is all that important.

Western women are often feminine, intelligent and attractive and they seem to have no problem getting mates.

I'm sure that they could care less if a few useless, old farts, such as myself, are more physically attracted to their Eastern sisters. :o

If you don't have the facts to support your opinion, just make them up! :D

I find a bit arrogant to state that if people do not agree with you on that thai women are more femenine than western women they need and eye test...well because you don´t know any western women as femenine as thai women doesn´t mean that anyone else doesn´t....

About cleverness, sorry but i misunderstood your sentence " they think and talk as western women" ...

I am going to complete ignore your last sentence because Ulysses I can´t really be bother!!

:D

Seems to be this guy's personal choice. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed to expect everyone to share his disdain for Western women. Some of us did get layed back home and enjoyed it. :D

Btw, thanks for your character assessment, "Ulysess", seems some guys are queueing up in this thread to make fools of themselves... :o:D

Femininety wise these 3 counties does come of quite equally compared to Asia, Spain, Italy and Portugal......as for the rest..there is some gold glitters in the crowd ofcourse..but the waste majority is just like gruel......

Gruel - definition - edible but ultimately utterly forgetable.. lol

Message boards and Thailand both seem to attract more than their fair share of people running from some other life, either outside their front door or back West. I tend to think of the vocal bashers like the Mormons here, a little nutty and not representitive of the general population.

Just use your ignore button when someone is baiting you and don't be afraid of talking to people out in the real world. Yes, bad sentiments exist towards Western women but it's not as black and white as it can seem from reading here.

I find that there is a middle ground out there, in that real world. It's not easy for men when everyone's roles have changed so much in a generation. IMHO, it's an essential emotional need of men to feel needed and some of them feel that modern Western morals are in the way of meeting that need. Some have bad experiences with Western women in the past and make the mistake of projecting that on all of us. Try to understand, but that doesn't mean taking a bunch of ignorant crap to heart.

I've met some lovely Western men here and many are tired of fighting off the opinions of this vocal group. Many are sick of getting lumped into this group and hate hearing from them. Know the bad ones are out there but don't let it get in the way of meeting the good ones.