Cost Of 2Nd Hand Lcd Screen?

seefah

Does anyone know what the cost of a 2nd hand LCD screen will be in the likes of Pantip Plaza in Bangkok?

Just want something that can do 1024x768 resolution, maybe 15" / 17" or bigger. The computer I'm attaching it to can only go up to 1024x768.

Presumably Pantip plaza or Fortune IT in Bangkok will be the best price. I'm based in Pattaya and Tuk Com here doesn't have 2nd hand screens.

I can actually get a new 19" screen for 2,000 Baht, this is why I'm asking the price.Edit to add: Just needs to be the 15 pin D-sub connector.

Edited by seefah

buy a new one,the 2nd hand one's don't last long.once you walk out of the shop its yours "no bring back"

it least with a new one,you'll get a 1 or 2 year warranty.

some places in zeer and pantip give you 3 month on their used gear. i agree with happynthailand a new one is the better solution.

Yes, perhaps a new one might be better. I just feel its a waste for a computer that can only do 1024x768.

Does anyone know of the cost of these 2nd hand screens in Pantip?

look at it the other way : a modern 2048x1080 hd screen can scale down to 1024x768 and you've got a nice extension for your new pc or notebook.

Yes, perhaps a new one might be better. I just feel its a waste for a computer that can only do 1024x768.

if this is for a laptop, then most likely it's the laptop's monitor that's restricted to 1024x768 the video card can most likely go up to 1600x1280 at minimum

also, cheapest place i see for hardware is cheap.co.th, so it would be interesting to see if you can get something cheaper than that second hand

I too would go for a new one.

The smaller LCD Tv's go for peanuts these days,

sometimes even given away when you buy a large Tv

right=) 24" full hd around 5k - plug 3 into your pc turn em horizontal and you've got a dam_n nice workstation =)

right=) 24" full hd around 5k - plug 3 into your pc turn em horizontal and you've got a dam_n nice workstation =)

yes, but unfortunatly you need a 3 output video card ($$$) plus most montiors don't rotate by default, you'd need to get custom stands ($$$, rotatable stands i see cost almost as much as the monitor!!!)

i do wish i could do this (i have a 3 output video) but i'm just too cheap of a bastard to pay 2x more for vertical mounts

if this is for a laptop, then most likely it's the laptop's monitor that's restricted to 1024x768 the video card can most likely go up to 1600x1280 at minimum

also, cheapest place i see for hardware is cheap.co.th, so it would be interesting to see if you can get something cheaper than that second hand

also forgot to mention, your laptop would be able to display to both it's built in monitor, plus an external one at the same time, and certainly the external would be able to get up past 1600x1280 (if your laptop is less than 10 years old)

yes, but unfortunatly you need a 3 output video card ($$$) plus most montiors don't rotate by default, you'd need to get custom stands ($$$, rotatable stands i see cost almost as much as the monitor!!!)

i do wish i could do this (i have a 3 output video) but i'm just too cheap of a bastard to pay 2x more for vertical mounts

Uhm, depends what you want to do gt 9800 has 2x digital 1x analog...... works fine if you don’t want to play mass effect 3 or so. you can rotate screns by software. mounts: 900 baht a pop. (mounted on an alloy rod little bit bend and screwed to the desk. )

Edited by JakeBKK

LG or Samsung LED 20" 1600x900 3,190B or 3,290B

Or 32" LG or Samsung LCD for 8,500B

Might i recommend book shelf, surround sound or center speakers as monitor stands. These work well when you have a 32" main screen and use a stereo receiver as your sound output (ideal for hdmi digital sound) (left and right speaker stand can be used as the center speaker)

3 monitor setup requires a space of at least 1.5m ( 22inch Left 32inch Main 22inch Right)

My setup is:

LG 20 LED 1600x900 - 3,200b

LG 32 Full HD LCD TV - 13,500b

Samsung 22 LCD 1920x1080 - 4,200b

ATI 7770 - 4,500b

Active Display Adapter Cable - 1,200b

Gives you an idea how much it is for 3 monitor setup

I'm using Acer's x233h 23" 1920x1080 40000:1 5ms Price 5200,- a piece, on 2 x geforce 8800 ultra. got that gear a while back... the 23 " acer does now 100000:1 and 2 ms but the price jumped to ~ 8700,- THB

Edited by JakeBKK