Direct Bus Service Bangkok To Phnom Penh?

Hi all,

Just read recently that there is now a direct bus service between Bangkok and Phnom Penh.

Does anyone know where the terminal is (in Bangkok) to catch one of those busses? Any info on price, departure times, travel time etc?

Also, does anyone know what terminal in Bangkok the regular busses to Cambodia depart from? Again, price, departure time?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

It appears that, so far, no service exists for the BKK to PP route. Capital Tours in PP has service from PP to BKK ($18 one-way, 0630 daily), but no return.

Since it makes little business sense to run service one-way, and then deadhead back, the likelihood is that there's some kind of 'deal' in place to let the Thai operators get their nose in the trough - and, as usual, the traveling public get the short end.

Hopefully, someone will get their act together, and offer this valuable service in the near future...

The train BKK-Aranyprathet is pleasant enough & takes 6 hours. Cost is $1.60 (sic.).

Then you go through border hell over to Poipet, Cambodia - but if you just say no to every scam you are offered...

...it can work okay.

Then 6-hour taxi to PP - you find a taxi at the market in Poipet. $30-40.

Trains & even taxis are safer than buses, which are lethal in both countries. For example on the Poipet-PP road (Hwy 5) in Cambodia I recently saw 4 major bus smashes in a month - including a bus going 8m over a bridge, a head-on with a cement truck, a bus crush a minivan and its occupants (body parts all over the road) and a bus-on-bus smash. Drivers are often drunk, according to roadside petrol vendors I've spoken to.

The train BKK-Aranyprathet is pleasant enough & takes 6 hours. Cost is $1.60 (sic.).

Then you go through border hell over to Poipet, Cambodia - but if you just say no to every scam you are offered...

http://www.thaivisa....s-border-scams/

...it can work okay.

Then 6-hour taxi to PP - you find a taxi at the market in Poipet. $30-40.

Trains & even taxis are safer than buses, which are lethal in both countries. For example on the Poipet-PP road (Hwy 5) in Cambodia I recently saw 4 major bus smashes in a month - including a bus going 8m over a bridge, a head-on with a cement truck, a bus crush a minivan and its occupants (body parts all over the road) and a bus-on-bus smash. Drivers are often drunk, according to roadside petrol vendors I've spoken to.

and another thing is the macho bs ...if they have the actual right of way they wont give it up .....its a face thing <deleted> ....have seen it and fortunately lived thru it

Sadly, in SE-Asia such an all inclusive deal often means you will pay more and move at their speed. Getting to the border from BKK has no rip-off potential unless you take a Khao San bus, of course. In Poipet, go inside the bus terminal and ask the bus staff directly which bus is leaving soon. Ignore people outside the bus terminal wanting to sell you an overpriced ticket and also the ticket window inside (asking THB 300 to just get to Battambang). $3 to Battambang and $8 to PP is what I used to pay.