Tablet Computer Distribution Kicks Off In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that is missing from those state-of-the-art school buildings in Sangkhlaburi is a tablet computer for EACH kid. cheesy.gif

"The Thailand Hill Tribes Education Project is presently embarking upon a project to construct a classroom/general purpose room at the primary school in Ban Huay Plakang, Mae Sariang District, Chiang Mai Province. Since there is no electricity in the entire village, a generator will also be provided which will be shared with the whole community"

We already have tablets and soon we will have electricity too. LOL.

No, you have completely missed the point - Buchholz had decided he would provide examples of schools without electricity which would not get tablets because they did not have electricity.

I pointed out that these schools did indeed have electricity or would do so very soon - therefore showing that his examples were poorly thought out. Not only that but they were not even government schools in the first place. So basically he didn't provide a good argument for his case.

You seem to find it amusing that kids learn in those enviroments? Why not? All they need is shade, teachers and a will, why should they be denied a tablet.

They are no less intelligent because they learn at a school with a palm roof.

Bla bla bla. Jumping from one assumtion into another one... so typical you.

My point was: why spend a lot of money on computers if you don't have the BASICS in place to provide some BASIC education?

"You seem to find it amusing that kids learn in those enviroments?"

This sentence just shows what kind of a crooked dark mind you have!

Edited by Nickymaster

All that is missing from those state-of-the-art school buildings in Sangkhlaburi is a tablet computer for EACH kid. cheesy.gif

"The Thailand Hill Tribes Education Project is presently embarking upon a project to construct a classroom/general purpose room at the primary school in Ban Huay Plakang, Mae Sariang District, Chiang Mai Province. Since there is no electricity in the entire village, a generator will also be provided which will be shared with the whole community"

No, you have completely missed the point - Buchholz had decided he would provide examples of schools without electricity which would not get tablets because they did not have electricity.

I pointed out that these schools did indeed have electricity or would do so very soon - therefore showing that his examples were poorly thought out. Not only that but they were not even government schools in the first place. So basically he didn't provide a good argument for his case.

You seem to find it amusing that kids learn in those enviroments? Why not? All they need is shade, teachers and a will, why should they be denied a tablet.

My point was: why spend a lot of money on computers if you don't have the BASICS in place to provide some BASIC education?

Please excuse my lack of comprehension, as I was having difficulty in understanding what your point actually was. You have since spelt it out, but one could be forgiven for not understanding your earlier one. Perhaps if you had made the point instead of thinking you made the point, then there would be a bit less confusion.

Considering you have an emoticon, and a LOL in your post, then it seems reasonable to conclude somewhere that you find something amusing?

• Like 1

No, I think you have completely missed the point. It doesn't matter a rats ar*e what phot'os Bucholz has sourced, what matters are the facts.

A Billion dollars taken out the treasury coffers to be spent on tablets for all school children. That number of school children then reduced to only P1.

The tablets, despite the money being taken, have not been delivered to any but 25% of the newly stated target audience.

No investment or preparation has taken place on behalf of the teachers, who need to understand how to get a class of 50 children all to use the tablet at the same time and benefit from actual learning.

One of the tablets most attractive features - connectivity to the internet is not possible at most schools. Where it is possible, it is in theory only, as the bandwidth limitations won't allow all the tablets to connect at the same time.

There are many schools without electricity, and when a country blows 10 billion dollars on tablets while the red cross provide generators to schools, it's pretty shameful.

The current Government did this. Nothing to do with Reds and Yellows. If the Democrats had proposed and implemented (rather, failed in their implementation) such a foolhardy, ill researched, ill studied blatantly corrupt plan that IS NOT in the remotest way in the interests of the school children, then there would be a very different attitude on Thai Visa. That is, we would ALL be slagging the Government off, as it is, the only ones doing the complaining are those you perceive to be Democrat (though you need to be aware the majority of us have no political leaning towards the Democrats - sorry to disappoint!). If it had been the Democrats, there would be no devision amongst us, as it is you and your like continue to try and justify the incompetence displayed by this Government, purely because they wear the colour that your Girlfriends or Wives say is best for Thailand. I want to say, wake up and smell the coffee, but its pointless.

lastly, you said "You seem to find it amusing that kids learn in those enviroments? Why not? All they need is shade, teachers and a will, why should they be denied a tablet"

They will be denied a tablet, because the Government responsible for implementation has already said, no electricity, no wifi, sorry your school will not qualify for an issue of tablets! The Government don't rectify the problematic barrier, they simply wash their hands of the problem.

Thank you, the spokesman for thai visa forum.
clap2.gif

Those schools were provided as a bad example of government education by bucholz, not me. He got it completely wrong. I pointed this out and you start ranting on about providing basics as if those were government schools. They aren't so your argument is groundless.

However those schools do have the basics to provide some basic education regardless of whether they have no walls or not - I'm sure the kids and their parents are grateful to the Christian agency and the Red Cross for providing some educational facilities.

As I said you missed the point.

Talking of crooked dark minds, how do you read this

"All that is missing from those state-of-the-art school buildings in Sangkhlaburi is a tablet computer for EACH kid. cheesy.gif

We already have tablets and soon we will have electricity too. LOL."

Laughing at other peoples misfortunes, schadenfreude sounds a slightly more polite term for it.

Edited by TheKrayTriplet

No, I think you have completely missed the point. It doesn't matter a rats ar*e what phot'os Bucholz has sourced, what matters are the facts.

A Billion dollars taken out the treasury coffers to be spent on tablets for all school children. That number of school children then reduced to only P1.

The tablets, despite the money being taken, have not been delivered to any but 25% of the newly stated target audience.

No investment or preparation has taken place on behalf of the teachers, who need to understand how to get a class of 50 children all to use the tablet at the same time and benefit from actual learning.

One of the tablets most attractive features - connectivity to the internet is not possible at most schools. Where it is possible, it is in theory only, as the bandwidth limitations won't allow all the tablets to connect at the same time.

There are many schools without electricity, and when a country blows 10 billion dollars on tablets while the red cross provide generators to schools, it's pretty shameful.

The current Government did this. Nothing to do with Reds and Yellows. If the Democrats had proposed and implemented (rather, failed in their implementation) such a foolhardy, ill researched, ill studied blatantly corrupt plan that IS NOT in the remotest way in the interests of the school children, then there would be a very different attitude on Thai Visa. That is, we would ALL be slagging the Government off, as it is, the only ones doing the complaining are those you perceive to be Democrat (though you need to be aware the majority of us have no political leaning towards the Democrats - sorry to disappoint!). If it had been the Democrats, there would be no devision amongst us, as it is you and your like continue to try and justify the incompetence displayed by this Government, purely because they wear the colour that your Girlfriends or Wives say is best for Thailand. I want to say, wake up and smell the coffee, but its pointless.

lastly, you said "You seem to find it amusing that kids learn in those enviroments? Why not? All they need is shade, teachers and a will, why should they be denied a tablet"

They will be denied a tablet, because the Government responsible for implementation has already said, no electricity, no wifi, sorry your school will not qualify for an issue of tablets! The Government don't rectify the problematic barrier, they simply wash their hands of the problem.

Thank you, the spokesman for thai visa forum.
clap2.gif

You're welcome Triplet. Now what shall we have your position on the Thai Visa forum as?

• Like 1

"leader"

cheesy.gif

always trying to make it into something personal... absurdly funny stuff...

Dear Leader

I have spilt my coffee.

Yeah, TheKrayTriplet's "leader" schtick is comically reminiscent of truethailand's "Gang of 7" laughable statements.

Those schools were provided as a bad example of government education by bucholz, not me. He got it completely wrong. I pointed this out and you start ranting on about providing basics as if those were government schools. They aren't so your argument is groundless.

However those schools do have the basics to provide some basic education regardless of whether they have no walls or not - I'm sure the kids and their parents are grateful to the Christian agency and the Red Cross for providing some educational facilities.

As I said you missed the point.

Talking of crooked dark minds, how do you read this

"All that is missing from those state-of-the-art school buildings in Sangkhlaburi is a tablet computer for EACH kid. cheesy.gif

We already have tablets and soon we will have electricity too. LOL."

Laughing at other peoples misfortunes, schadenfreude sounds a slightly more polite term for it.

Funny, I thought the guy who insisted on spelling "bucholz" was banned.... whistling.gif

Please excuse my lack of comprehension, as I was having difficulty in understanding what your point actually was. You have since spelt it out, but one could be forgiven for not understanding your earlier one. Perhaps if you had made the point instead of thinking you made the point, then there would be a bit less confusion.

Considering you have an emoticon, and a LOL in your post, then it seems reasonable to conclude somewhere that you find something amusing?

Confusion? Its all in your mind my friend. Read what you want to read.

"leader"

cheesy.gif

Dear Leader

I have spilt my coffee.

Yeah, TheKrayTriplet's "leader" schtick is comically reminiscent of truethailand's "Gang of 7" laughable statements.

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry4144265

I see he was banned from the forum. Shame, seems like a reasonable guy.

"leader"

cheesy.gif

Dear Leader

I have spilt my coffee.

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry4144265

I see he was banned from the forum. Shame, seems like a reasonable guy.

As a fellow conspiracy theorist, I can see why you might feel that way.

• Like 1

As a fellow conspiracy theorist, I can see why you might feel that way.

Well you've certainly got your your righteous views (righteous, right wing?) but I wouldn't have you down as a conspiracy theorist.

Apologies if it wasn't clear.

Perhaps re-stating the conspiracy theories will help clarify.

TheKrayTriplet's "leader" schtick is comically reminiscent of truethailand's "Gang of 7" laughable statements.

Edited by Buchholz

What you have completely failed to comprehend was those were just thrown up examples. If they have generators now, great. If they aren't government schools, great. Perhaps they were poor selection to demonstrate the dilapidated government schools, but It doesn't somehow magically exclude all the other schools that absolutely have no electricity.

Apparently you are as naive and inexperienced with Thailand's length and breadth as the poster borovik who very revealingly posted:

among Thai staff - half a dozen of foreign teachers,comp.lab,school wi-fi network,town has fm station,asphalt streets,running water everywhere.I have been in plenty of places in Thailand and I have to admit with shame - I have not seen any place without electricity.

Come to Thailand. Travel around a bit. To find astoundingly poor schools is not difficult to do where the notion of having 21st century tablet computers is absurd, given their existing infrastructure.

Apparently it is Buchholz; even with your extensive database and prolific posting abilities, you failed to provide even two actual examples of schools without electricity. You posted photos of a school "without electricity" (but with fluorescent lighting!) and another that is having a generator installed. So actually two examples of schools with electricity! I don't think there is any doubt about it, those were definitely very poor examples of schools without electricity, quite a stupid blunder for someone with such an "extensive" knowledge of all things Thai!

Where are the abundance of photos of schools that have no electricity that you have personally visited... seems strange to me as you rarely take a break from posting on here but somehow you manage to get power and internet access 24/7 during your travels to the most remote, isolated parts of Thailand... hmm something just doesn't add up!

What you seem to completely fail to comprehend is that, your poorly chosen and incorrect examples aside, this has actually nothing to do with the actual topic at hand which isn't "lack of electricity in Thai schools" or "how to derail any thread with multiple links and politically motivated meanderings".

Perhaps if you could shelve your political bias for a moment and deal with topics based on there own merits and not purely as a platform to voice your political agenda, your posts would smack of less lunacy... coffee1.gif

What you have completely failed to comprehend was those were just thrown up examples. If they have generators now, great. If they aren't government schools, great. Perhaps they were poor selection to demonstrate the dilapidated government schools, but It doesn't somehow magically exclude all the other schools that absolutely have no electricity.

Apparently you are as naive and inexperienced with Thailand's length and breadth as the poster borovik who very revealingly posted:

among Thai staff - half a dozen of foreign teachers,comp.lab,school wi-fi network,town has fm station,asphalt streets,running water everywhere.I have been in plenty of places in Thailand and I have to admit with shame - I have not seen any place without electricity.

Come to Thailand. Travel around a bit. To find astoundingly poor schools is not difficult to do where the notion of having 21st century tablet computers is absurd, given their existing infrastructure.

Apparently it is Buchholz; even with your extensive database and prolific posting abilities, you failed to provide even two actual examples of schools without electricity. You posted photos of a school "without electricity" (but with fluorescent lighting!) and another that is having a generator installed. So actually two examples of schools with electricity! I don't think there is any doubt about it, those were definitely very poor examples of schools without electricity, quite a stupid blunder for someone with such an "extensive" knowledge of all things Thai!

Where are the abundance of photos of schools that have no electricity that you have personally visited... seems strange to me as you rarely take a break from posting on here but somehow you manage to get power and internet access 24/7 during your travels to the most remote, isolated parts of Thailand... hmm something just doesn't add up!

What you seem to completely fail to comprehend is that, your poorly chosen and incorrect examples aside, this has actually nothing to do with the actual topic at hand which isn't "lack of electricity in Thai schools" or "how to derail any thread with multiple links and politically motivated meanderings".

Perhaps if you could shelve your political bias for a moment and deal with topics based on there own merits and not purely as a platform to voice your political agenda, your posts would smack of less lunacy... coffee1.gif

It is all about having priorities in line. What is more important, upgrading a school with basics or spending money on computers?

Buchholz's pictures are just examples of a government NOT having its priorities in line. What comes first: computers or a good curriculum with decent teachers, buildings and infrastructure?

You and TKT know exactly why those images were provided in the first place (and why I used them as an example to show this government doesn’t have its priorities in line) and are trying very hard to flip it into a "how dare you make fun of these schools/children" !!!!

Almost but not really! Don't waste time. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by Nickymaster

It is all about having priorities in line. What is more important, upgrading a school with basics or spending money on computers?

Buchholz's pictures are examples of a government NOT having priorities in line. What comes first: computers or a good curriculum and decent teachers, buildings and infrastructure?

You and TKT know exactly why those images were provided in the first place (and why I used them as an example to show this government doesn’t have it’s priorities in line) and are trying very hard to flip it into a "how dare you make fun of these schools/children" !!!! How dare you!

Er no, quite clearly Buchholz's pictures weren't examples of "a government NOT having priorities in line" as you put it! That was my point but you seem to have then applied some misguided comment about making fun of school children.... what relevance has that got to my post?!

So your argument is that because the infrastructure of a distinct minority of remote rural areas is behind the times we should hold back the majority of the population? And similarly, the lack of infrastructure is a direct result of the current Government's tablet scheme?! Logic is a rare commodity amongst TV's expats it seems...

Buchholz's pictures are examples of a government NOT having priorities in line. What comes first: computers or a good curriculum and decent teachers, buildings and infrastructure?

You and TKT know exactly why those images were provided in the first place (and why I used them as an example to show this government doesn’t have it’s priorities in line) and are trying very hard to flip it into a "how dare you make fun of these schools/children" !!!! How dare you!

Er no, quite clearly Buchholz's pictures weren't examples of "a government NOT having priorities in line" as you put it! That was my point but you seem to have then applied some misguided comment about making fun of school children.... what relevance has that got to my post?!

So your argument is that because the infrastructure of a distinct minority of remote rural areas is behind the times we should hold back the majority of the population? And similarly, the lack of infrastructure is a direct result of the current Government's tablet scheme?! Logic is a rare commodity amongst TV's expats it seems...

Priorities my friend priorities. What comes first, second... Nevermind if you don't get it.

Edited by Nickymaster

Priorities my friend priorities. What comes first, second... Nevermind if you don't get it.

Sorry what priorities are you alluding to? What a bizarre response to my post. Did you not understand anything I wrote or did you hit the reply button to the wrong post perhaps? Not the strongest case to prove logical thought....

You have a class of 100 students. 1 of them is behind the learning curve, was clearly neglected as an infant and is holding back the entire class. What would the logical thing to do be in this situation, hold back the entire class so that this lone student is not left behind or take the lone student as an exceptional case that requires attention but not at the expense of the 99% majority's education?

To make that analogy easier to understand I have included a simple key for you:

Class of 100 students = Thai schools

1 student behind the curve = Thai schools without electricity

Neglected as a infant = Thai schools that have no electricity because of the lack of action by previous administrations not because the current one have simply turned the switch off!*

99 students = Thai schools with electricity

* Something that the anti-brigade keep skipping over but is quite pertinent, ironically given the intention behind B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z's post, is that these infrastructure improvements are now being motivated by this very scheme! Schools that B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z informed us have been ignored and kept without electricity under previous Governments have actually been "switched on" under this administration! This scheme has highlighted the neglect of these areas by previous Governments and is bringing about the change.

As I see it the modernisation of Thai education is a good thing, whether or not that was the intention of the scheme is irrelevant; a constructive by product is that as the neigh sayers bring such hurdles to the light, the present administration is forced to address them. This is something that previous Governments haven't accomplished; perhaps you would be happier if education had been ignored and all schools simply kept in the dark...

I already admitted my examples were poor examples.(see the post you quoted).

Your other nonsense and over-personalizing aside, you sound like another borovik and Triplet by naively thinking there are not schools in Thailand that lack basic rudimentary essentials.

That is the entire crux of the point, which isn't changed by your over-harping on something already admitted to.

If you unaware of this. As said. Travel around a bit.

I already admitted my examples were poor examples.(see the post you quoted).

Your other nonsense and over-personalizing aside, you sound like another borovik and Triplet by naively thinking there are not schools in Thailand that lack basic rudimentary essentials.

That is the entire crux of the point, which isn't changed by your over-harping on something already admitted to.

If you unaware of this. As said. Travel around a bit.

Some more blatant hypocrisy by the master! Did you even read my posts... clearly not!

I did read yours... "What you have completely failed to comprehend was those were just thrown up examples. If they have generators now, great. If they aren't government schools, great. Perhaps they were poor selection to demonstrate the dilapidated government schools, but It doesn't somehow magically exclude all the other schools that absolutely have no electricity."

They weren't "perhaps a poor selection" they were completely false and misleading and that's ignoring your deliberately condescending tone that one might take as "over personalising nonsense"! That's a classic; it's your fault that my examples were false, you didn't understand that they were simply "thrown up"!!! What a gracious acceptance of error on your part!!!

They weren't even Government schools and they aren't without electricity! As an example of Government schools without electricity they were a complete sham not a poor selection!!!

I get your point and it's mute, backed up by false information. I'm afraid it is you that miss mine. Try actually reading the posts and thinking about the content rather than accusing others of "nonsense and over-personalizing" whilst doing the exact same thing yourself... If you stick to rational thought rather than trying to politicise every single topic you might be better understood.... or possibly lose the very motivation that leads you to post in the first place coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Sorry what priorities are you alluding to? What a bizarre response to my post. Did you not understand anything I wrote or did you hit the reply button to the wrong post perhaps? Not the strongest case to prove logical thought....

You have a class of 100 students. 1 of them is behind the learning curve, was clearly neglected as an infant and is holding back the entire class. What would the logical thing to do be in this situation, hold back the entire class so that this lone student is not left behind or take the lone student as an exceptional case that requires attention but not at the expense of the 99% majority's education?

Neglected as a infant = Thai schools that have no electricity because of the lack of action by previous administrations not because the current one have simply turned the switch off!*

* Something that the anti-brigade keep skipping over but is quite pertinent, ironically given the intention behind B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z's post, is that these infrastructure improvements are now being motivated by this very scheme! Schools that B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z informed us have been ignored and kept without electricity under previous Governments have actually been "switched on" under this administration! This scheme has highlighted the neglect of these areas by previous Governments and is bringing about the change.

As I see it the modernisation of Thai education is a good thing, whether or not that was the intention of the scheme is irrelevant; a constructive by product is that as the neigh sayers bring such hurdles to the light, the present administration is forced to address them. This is something that previous Governments haven't accomplished; perhaps you would be happier if education had been ignored and all schools simply kept in the dark...

You just don't get it and then make a dirty cheap comment like:

"This is something that previous Governments haven't accomplished; perhaps you would be happier if education had been ignored and all schools simply kept in the dark..."

Shame on you man.

"This is something that previous Governments haven't accomplished; perhaps you would be happier if education had been ignored and all schools simply kept in the dark..."

Shame on you man.

Oh dear, is it time for your mid afternoon nap perhaps?

Nothing dirty or cheap about that comment I'm afraid, it's what's known as a fact! As to your position please explain it by evidencing how this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity............ or continue simply trolling and making irrelevant one line replies to posts that go beyond your train of rational thought! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ferangled

Shame on you man.

Oh dear, is it time for your mid afternoon nap perhaps?

Nothing dirty or cheap about that comment I'm afraid, it's what's known as a fact! As to your position please explain it by evidencing how this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity............ or continue simply trolling and making irrelevant one line replies to posts that go beyond your train of rational thought! thumbsup.gif

"As to your position please explain it by evidencing how this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity............"

My position???.

Where did I say that this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity ?

Come on!

Edited by Nickymaster

"As to your position please explain it by evidencing how this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity............"

My position???.

Where did I say that this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity ?

Come on!

Wow, slowly you appear to be getting it!

So do you accept that those schools without electricity are a result of the infrastructure improvements in remote rural areas being sidelined by previous Governments?

Do you then also accept that this lack of infrastructure can't rationally be blamed on the current administration or the tablet scheme (the actual topic of this thread)?

Once you've arrived at this logical point in your thought process please proceed to read my previous posts on this subject...we're getting there, albeit slowly and sporadically!