A Really Good Informative Web Site On Building In Thailand

Jules65

Rarely do I come across a good site providing useful information free of charge and written by people who know what they are talking about. If you are thinking of building in Thailand, or want an architect this is a great web site to read. Loads of good pointers and factual information about architects and builders in Thailand. Tells you what to expect, average costs, things to look out for and all sorts of construction details. Its free too, which is brilliant ! I also dig the way they make it clear that is not a perfect guide but here just to offer useful free information and hopefully be helpful. Nice one. http://www.buildinginthailand.com

Edited by Jules65

Indeed, a good site and I have no wish to knock it, however, a better site in my opinion is http://www.coolthaihouse.com/ it is a site based on the experiences of those who have either just started to build or already completed their project, No so dissimilar to the house building chapter here on good 'ol TV, but it is much more comprehensive. Just try it.

• 9 months later...

Yes the other site is a good site too. I know it and like it too. I don't think you can compare them though. One is for many people to write and chat and post topics. Mostly about people building homes themselves and many what I would call not luxury or high end property. The other site is written by professional, project managers and construction personnel. So it tends to be from the perspective of professional construction companies offering quality service, professional services. Industry advice rather than individuals building for the first time or passing tips and ideas. So I think they compliment each other. Neither being better than the other really. Both offer good advice and facts. I think if you are successful and want to build a quality home using a professional construction company then buildinginthailand is more informative. If you want to build yourself and are fascinated by building the coolthaihouse is perhaps better suited for you. Both good sites. Both good sites and full of good facts.

Why would you want to spend loads of money on an architekt in Thailand almost al of the condo's and farang built houses look the same allover the country unless youre victoria and david beckham who want something special and have loads of money to spend.

The only constructian managers you wil find in isaan would have to be that chinese thai bargirl who you want to invest all youre hard earned into,ore some dodgy foreign builder companys using lokals who have no idea what there doing and and overprice everything so best of luck in losing youre money.

Indeed, a good site and I have no wish to knock it, however, a better site in my opinion is http://www.coolthaihouse.com/ it is a site based on the experiences of those who have either just started to build or already completed their project, No so dissimilar to the house building chapter here on good 'ol TV, but it is much more comprehensive. Just try it.

The cool Thai house website is very good. Just about anything about building in Thailand can be found on that site. I like the photos of house construction, start to finish. It is amazing what can be built for less than 1 million baht.

This is a marketing site for some Thai Architects who when I asked them for a price on some work it was ridiculous, not only that they were EXTREMELY rude when I told them their price was too much ( politely) they threatened to report me for harrassing them to "the authorities" Id avoid them at ALL costs.

You want a copy of their e mails Ill pm them to you.

My 2 cents

CTH is much better real stories best way to get prices down on work, also got Teak door which is ok but they are a bit coarser.

Both have much better info in my opinion.

Dont forget Thai Visas diy section also good.

Oh yeah and that sites info is not so good on prices, way over inflated like their opinion of themselves.

By a plastic septic tank 6000 baht, make one yourself from concrete rings 800 baht............... see the savings you can make.

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

CTH is your best bet in Thailand - sure it has a few warts, a few cowboys and a smattering of idiots lurking around, but overall there is a wealth of useful information, ideas and helpful people who have been through all the pitfalls and drama's of building and builders etc.