Honest Pattaya Taxi Driver Returns Cash And Valuables To Frenchman

Rimmer

Some people should perhaps consider tying a string from their arm/hand to the bag they cannot afford to lose - hide it under a long shirt and make it long enough so you can still use both hands. I'm serious too.

FYI The string was well known device among Canadian children back in the 50's called a "Pommeldazer" (Americans called them idiot gloves) Hats off to Thai people.

"greed and disohonesty will destroy capitalism" - 1967 - VP exploration and production - Texaco

Why is a guy with 400,000Bt riding the bus and staying at the Sawadee I wonder?

Maybe he brought it as a down-payment on his new condo at the Heights.

If he didn't use the bus and his stays in hotels, such as Sawasdee, in the past he wouldn't have had THB 400,000. I guess.

Funny you only hear of the bad Thais and the scams, not the hard working Thais who have pride and ethics that give this place it's real Thai warmth. More reports of the fine deeds of Thais should be publicized.

Agreed. I often wonder why so many people are living here when their focus seems to be nothing but negative things about the country. Like everywhere there are good and bad people.

This is only making the news because it is the exception, not the rule. My experiences of taxis and tuk tuks in Bangkok and Phuket is that they are lying, cheating, uneducated, violent scum.