Wifes Visa Packet Not Arived From The Us Embassy (Help Needed)

Hi all,

I found out that my wifes "Packet 3 instructional letter for immigrant visa applicant" did not get to me but was sent sometime in mid May. After a few weeks of e-mailing differnt depatments I was able to find this out and be sent the forms via E-mail.

What really worries me is that I had heard I needed to respond within 3 months or they will cancle the application. Is this true? It will take two to three weeks to get the letter from the police and I have no idea what I need to do for the "Evidance of finacial support".

Also sadly due to a death in the family I will need to go to the USA next week and will be there for almost a month.

My first and biggest question is what can I do to get more time?

My second question and not as pressing is what do I need to do for the "Evidance of finacial support"?

I have the ability to go to talk to someone directly in BKK on Monday before I fly home. What office should I go to?

Thank you.

First did you send it with signed return receipt? Number 2 you do not know what you made? Number 3 it doesn't happen overnight in the United States, I think you did say you were from the United States? did you talk to any one about this?

The way I read TyGrr's post, it was a letter from the US embassy in Bangkok addressed to his wife in Thailand that got lost, ie never delivered. Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to his questions. I would enquire by email from the person at the consulate who later sent the forms by email or, given the urgency, call the embassy and ask to speak to that person.

In regards to the financial support; I beleve you at least need tax returns for last few years and letter from bank manager and bank statements for starters. Have you looked at the State dept website? Have you called the Bangkok Embassy? They will help you and answer your questions over the phone wont they? If all else fails, call you congressmens office and complain.