True Visions - "No Information Available"

samtam

From a couple of days ago "No information Available" is posted on the so-called TV Guide. Tried calling them, and there is a recorded message saying there may be problems due to their recent "upgrade" (!), but to just unplug the decoder and replug. Doesn't work, nor is anyone picking up the technical support line. SNAFU.

as in every upgrade there's a risk, if you unit is just able to be turned on and turned off and nothing else happens, it is bricked and will need JTAG service to be restored to a working state.

if it is your case, simply bring the box to the provider and it will exchange it/jtag restore it.

Well this "upgrade" has been the worst. Monday even trying to get someone on the phone was terrible. 5 days later..still very poor service. One of the problems I see is too few service "providers" in many of the outlying provinces. And for someone to say "we offer sincere apology for problem" after 5 days just doesn't cut the mustard.

I have had previous problems with my decoder which were resolved by disconnecting completely from the mains, removing key card, wait a couple of minutes, reconnect, insert key card and the problem was fixed!

If what John C suggests doesn't work try this.

Go into the menu. Select the set up option and when asked for the pin it is 2321. Scroll down to the restore factory defaults option and just keep pressing OK till it re boots. You may have to go in and change the language back to English once done biggrin.png

It worked for me !