Sausage

gharknes

I have eaten out many places around Pattaya and breakfast is good, the bacon is reasonable but the sausage is just like home UK, where are they getting them, I like to go out for breakfast now and again but I also like to cook my own, so where are these sauages coming from, I have tried many many supermarkets around pattaya and have failed to find anything as good, is there a butchers somewhere that make these, is there a supermarket I have missed.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a good English/Irish sausage and good quality bacon

Try giving Yorkies Cumberland or Pork sausage a go they are about the best ive found...........also his loin bacon.................both available from Friendship on the south road.

(Sausage is in the freezers and the bacon is in amongst the ham etc in the fridge on the back wall.)

There is a sausage importer on Naklua road on the left hand sign as you drive down. I cannot remember which Soi it is near to but it has a large sign at the front of the building.

The shop is called "B Lucky" (or "Be Lucky"). I buy my very lean back bacon, streaky bacon and sausages there...and they also sell hash browns. I think that they can't be beaten for value and taste. Try their English sausages or their Cumberland sausages.

:o

There is a sausage importer on Naklua road on the left hand sign as you drive down. I cannot remember which Soi it is near to but it has a large sign at the front of the building.

The shop is called "B Lucky" (or "Be Lucky"). I buy my very lean back bacon, streaky bacon and sausages there...and they also sell hash browns. I think that they can't be beaten for value and taste. Try their English sausages or their Cumberland sausages.

sounds good will have a look, is it on the left or right going away from pattaya.

sounds good will have a look, is it on the left or right going away from pattaya.

On the left side going away from the Dolphin Roundabout

• 3 years later...

I have noticed that the availability of quality English sausage has diminished somewhat in Pattaya. in the old days I used to get good fresh quality sausage in Friendship Supermarket actually labelled 'English pork sausage'.

Any recommendations of where I might purchase some quality sausage in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Well syd, I guess this proves that you do try and use the search engine before posting your question. Maybe you aren't such a silly sausage after all.

There is a locally made and packaged sausage that I tried last year but found them to be 'overfilled' in that they were carbonized on the outside before the middle was cooked. The alternative of pricking with a fork was disastrous as they literally exploded in the pan afterwards and only looked appetizing to the dog. However, I have found their 'breakfast' sausage in the freezer at a supermarket in Udon and they seemed to have worked out the meat-to-skin ratio and they also taste much better. I can't recall the brand but they are very local to Pattaya and I have seen them in Friendship.

I have noticed that the availability of quality English sausage has diminished somewhat in Pattaya. in the old days I used to get good fresh quality sausage in Friendship Supermarket actually labelled 'English pork sausage'.

Any recommendations of where I might purchase some quality sausage in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Yorkies on Jomtien beach road just past Chaiyapruek junction or Western Wholesale Food Group on Chaiyapruek 2 - he has excellent burgers and sausages and bacon mmmmm! :o

Yorkies on Jomtien beach road just past Chaiyapruek junction or Western Wholesale Food Group on Chaiyapruek 2 - he has excellent burgers and sausages and bacon mmmmm! :o

I know where Yorkies is, but does he actually sell his fresh sausages direct from his restaurant?

I know where Yorkies is, but does he actually sell his fresh sausages direct from his restaurant?

Yes Yes, full butchery department within the resturant!

I have eaten out many places around Pattaya and breakfast is good, the bacon is reasonable but the sausage is just like home UK, where are they getting them, I like to go out for breakfast now and again but I also like to cook my own, so where are these sauages coming from, I have tried many many supermarkets around pattaya and have failed to find anything as good, is there a butchers somewhere that make these, is there a supermarket I have missed.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a good English/Irish sausage and good quality bacon

Have you try Pat's Pies on Third Road ? Many peoples buy the sausages from her .and they are under 300 baht per Kg.

Have you try Pat's Pies on Third Road ? Many peoples buy the sausages from her .and they are under 300 baht per Kg.

I've seen Pats Pies on Third Road, but forgotton where it is. Directions please papatsorn?

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to ask the boss or cook in one of the places with sausages that you like where they get them from?

I've seen Pats Pies on Third Road, but forgotton where it is. Directions please papatsorn?

About 80-100 yards North from South Pattaya Road, on the left (going North from SPR)

About 80-100 yards North from South Pattaya Road, on the left (going North from SPR)

Thanks for the directions, have you bought any produce there and was it any good?

Thanks for the directions, have you bought any produce there and was it any good?

When I lived near there I was a regular customer - both eat in and take-away. Nver a problem, always good, always obliging.

This morning I was walking back to Suksabai Villa when I passed the Soi 17 market near Liberty Mansion. A Thai lady there was selling grilled sausages - fat, English-type sausages. Not bad, but Thai style - strong-tasting. She is there daily - 10 baht for each cooked sausage, with a bit of raw cabbage added. Worth sampling a couple.

She is next to the guy with the proper BBQ with metal chimney who sells pork scratchings and crackling.

Edited by Humphrey Bear

When I lived near there I was a regular customer - both eat in and take-away. Nver a problem, always good, always obliging.

This morning I was walking back to Suksabai Villa when I passed the Soi 17 market near Liberty Mansion. A Thai lady there was selling grilled sausages - fat, English-type sausages. Not bad, but Thai style - strong-tasting. She is there daily - 10 baht for each cooked sausage, with a bit of raw cabbage added. Worth sampling a couple.

She is next to the guy with the proper BBQ with metal chimney who sells pork scratchings and crackling.

Thanks for the heads-up HB. I will check out these Thai ladies sausages tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up HB. I will check out these Thai ladies sausages tomorrow.

I used to buy sausages from the street vendors a lot, but over time it seemed that the quality went down. I started finding bits of bone or cartilage in the sausages. However, if they were good, then they were very good, especially barbecued over charcoal rather than fried like they are in the western restaurants. Worth a try, anyway, but I have only eaten a couple in the last 6 months, and wasn't very impressed. :o

I used to buy sausages from the street vendors a lot, but over time it seemed that the quality went down. I started finding bits of bone or cartilage in the sausages. However, if they were good, then they were very good, especially barbecued over charcoal rather than fried like they are in the western restaurants. Worth a try, anyway, but I have only eaten a couple in the last 6 months, and wasn't very impressed. :o

No bone or cartilege in the ones I bought yesterday morning.

Went there this morning and she wasn't there - neither was the BBQ guy. Maybe they're a Monday-to-Friday job, or arrive after noontime.

I've not actually tried myself, but several British mates have brought different types of sausages from the new Central Supermarket and all have reported them to be very good and tasty, Cumberland variety gets the biggest thumbs up from all so far.

No bone or cartilege in the ones I bought yesterday morning.

Went there this morning and she wasn't there - neither was the BBQ guy. Maybe they're a Monday-to-Friday job, or arrive after noontime.

After posting the above I walked back past the market and she was there - say 13.30 lunchtime.

I've not actually tried myself, but several British mates have brought different types of sausages from the new Central Supermarket and all have reported them to be very good and tasty, Cumberland variety gets the biggest thumbs up from all so far.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check that new supermarket out tomorrow and report back a 'sausage report.'