Tot Internet So Slow Today,Or Just Me?

worgeordie

A possible theory could be that it's related to the recent Truevisions satellite security enhancement.. meaning that everyone who used to watch True through a Dreambox (downloading only decription information), is now forced to download the actual content in full, through the same connection.

I just watched Formula 1 qualifying... Pretty much the same quality as I used to get with Truevisions, *NO* commercials, but I AM of course using massively more bandwidth. There are likely more people now getting more content through the Internet.

Wait until the premier league starts.. then we may see Thailand's internet speeds come to a grinding halt!

I am going to complain on Monday, its terrible,even Thai sites take

forever to load.

Of course it will be mine or the computers fault,NOT TOT s, what is

their standard recourse, unplug the router,wait 10 mins plug back in.

Is 3BBB any better I wonder? anyone

Regards Worgeordie

OK

Using the Thai IP address

testing with ADSL Thailand I get 49ms ping, 7.8 mbps down, 0.8 up ,which is close to my contract

testing with Speedtest I get

( to the vientiane server, don't ask me why)

67 ping, 7.8 down, 0.7 up

If I connect with A UK VPN to a UK server, it times out after > 1.7 seconds and fails to connect ( ADSL Thailand)

Similarly Speedtest net, UK but the Thai IP address fails to connect

Thai IP ( Speedtest) g to LA gives 504 ms ping, 2.9 down and VERY slow up

SO

inside Thailand seems to be OK, but cannot understand why they are suing he Vientian server, it suggests there is something wrong in BKK.

Not sure why the UK is so much slower than the YS (???? routing??)

If anybody can make sense of this make me happy!

Just to add, this post took 40 seconds to upload!! ???!!!

Edited by msg362

I have tried TOT, 3BB and what used to TT&T and also IP Star and they were all not reliable.

I have recently changed to AIR NET and is is downloading 7mbp and uploading the same.

We had a few problems to start, the engineer who installed did not set up my PC correct but the very next day it was fixed and we are sailing!!!

I have tried TOT, 3BB and what used to TT&T and also IP Star and they were all not reliable.

I have recently changed to AIR NET and is is downloading 7mbp and uploading the same.

We had a few problems to start, the engineer who installed did not set up my PC correct but the very next day it was fixed and we are sailing!!!

......and the total cost was/is ???????

G

• 6 months later...