What Visa Method To Use For Australia?

Hello.

Myself and my fiancé have been to Australia several times, and we are now looking to try and get a permanent visa for her.

The two options we are looking at are the Prospective marriage visa (as we intend to marry anyway), and the spouse visa , if we marry here in Thailand.

We would prefer if we could marry in Australia but from a visa stand point what method do you believe is easiest (if there is such a thing) or better?

We understand the prospective marriage visa is a temporary visa until you are married then you apply for a permanent visa when in Australia, which I see as being easier, but i may be wrong.

I would just like some views on what you think the better visa routes are in terms of difficulty and costs etc.

Many thanks for any advice.

The application form is the same and the procedure is the same...The result is different

The prospective visa means you have to marry within 9 months of being granted the visa and then apply for the temporary visa before the 9 month period expires and after marriage, after 2 years you can then apply for the permanant visa.

The spouse visa means she will get temporary visa status as soon as it is granted and then after 2 years she can apply the permanant visa

the wash up is with the Prospective Spouse visa you have to make one extra application and there is an added time delay for the permanant visa.

Hope that assists??

Hello.

Myself and my fiancé have been to Australia several times, and we are now looking to try and get a permanent visa for her.

The two options we are looking at are the Prospective marriage visa (as we intend to marry anyway), and the spouse visa , if we marry here in Thailand.

We would prefer if we could marry in Australia but from a visa stand point what method do you believe is easiest (if there is such a thing) or better?

We understand the prospective marriage visa is a temporary visa until you are married then you apply for a permanent visa when in Australia, which I see as being easier, but i may be wrong.

I would just like some views on what you think the better visa routes are in terms of difficulty and costs etc.

Many thanks for any advice.