Pappa Gone?

Darrel

Wandered past the PAPPA office at the Threprasit night market the other evening and noticed that the entire place seems to have been cleaned out; not a chair or table to be seen, and not even a note on the window.

Have they just ceased to exist following the recent events?

That must be very recent, because i drive past twice daily and it looked "open" the other week, though never seen any people going in or out

Perhaps an era of Mr Noyles is over or perhaps will have a new office opening up shortly in a different location.

Andrew Drummoyne is keeping a close eye, so i am sure if any developments take place, he will update his site and warn people

That must be very recent, because i drive past twice daily and it looked "open" the other week...

Check when you next go past. It really was totally empty on Thursday. Not even a dustbin in the corner. And no sign of any people either, "credible and reassuring" or not.

The owner had some serious legal problems recently, but local media did not report it. If you Google around, you can find details, but I believe the subject is not allowed to be discussed in this Forum - probably for liability reasons.

• Like 1

I thought this was going to be a fred about some little thai child asking where his farang dad is...?

I tried to put "PAPPA" in the topic title but the stupid forum software alters the case automatically.

Maybe one of the myriad underemployed php developers here would like to have a go at the parsing code?

I thought this was going to be a fred about some little thai child asking where his farang dad is...?

I tried to put "PAPPA" in the topic title but the stupid forum software alters the case automatically.

Maybe one of the myriad underemployed php developers here would like to have a go at the parsing code?

From what i gathered from Drummond site, PAPPA "directors" like to file libel suits for deformation, so i doubt you will find anything on Thai Visa

The whole thing has actually gone pretty quite.

I think there will be a new office shortly, perhaps under a new name or PAPPA could be moving to Philippines, as he has been making a number of trips there "looking for business opportunity's"

I also would not be surprised if he moved to Myanmar, as he is unknown there at all and there is lots of opportunity's there to develop.

Drummon has been pretty hard on PAPPA's case, making almost impossible to continue working here.

Edited by Rimmer
crossings out removed

Front page advertisement in the latest edition of the owners' media outlet "Pattaya Times" saying they have moved to larger offices, also stating they are taking further legal action against Andrew Drummond

Front page advertisement in the latest edition of the owners' media outlet "Pattaya Times" saying they have moved to larger offices, also stating they are taking further legal action against Andrew Drummond

Thats interesting, because according to Drummon, case was pretty much thrown out and Noyles also decided to drop all the charges.

So is he re-filing the same charges or something new?

Thats interesting, because according to Drummon, case was pretty much thrown out and Noyles also decided to drop all the charges.

So is he re-filing the same charges or something new?

Can't remember verbatim, but in essence alleging non compliance to the agreed terms of the settlement that was also published in the Pattaya Times article.

Edited by simple1

Do you know the new location? I need a American attorney for some legal advice.

"I need a American attorney for some legal advice"

I doubt that you'll find an American attorney anywhere in Thailand unless he's here on vacation or retired. Even the U.S. Embassy couldn't find one for me. Also, I doubt that PAPPA really has a new office - otherwise they would publicize it.

Here's the list of Attorneys in Thailand that the U.S. Embassy provides:

http://bangkok.usemb...ttorneylist.pdf

"I need a American attorney for some legal advice"

I doubt that you'll find an American attorney anywhere in Thailand unless he's here on vacation or retired. Even the U.S. Embassy couldn't find one for me. Also, I doubt that PAPPA really has a new office - otherwise they would publicize it.

Here's the list of Attorneys in Thailand that the U.S. Embassy provides:

http://bangkok.usemb...ttorneylist.pdf

Over to you if you wish to check them out http://www.pappa.co.th/contact.html

They have just moved around the corner to a bigger place (near the 7/11).

Yes some of the guys like him get a little power-hungry, but if he gets out of his problems and starts serving the public again, then good luck to him. I'm sure this time around he'll be a little more low key. For me, I like to read about all these local guys and their cases and escapades and sometimes have a good laugh, but if it doesn't harm me, or bother me in anyway then I just let it go. Some of you might try it.

Edited by thainet

"Over to you if you wish to check them out"

The address given is their recently vacated office. Nothing stated about a new office or an American Lawyer. I suspect the U.S. Embassy would be aware of any American Lawyer operating in Thailand.

If you've been following any of the non-muzzled news about their recent problems, it should be clear what their current status is.

"Over to you if you wish to check them out"

The address given is their recently vacated office. Nothing stated about a new office or an American Lawyer. I suspect the U.S. Embassy would be aware of any American Lawyer operating in Thailand.

If you've been following any of the non-muzzled news about their recent problems, it should be clear what their current status is.

Agree - contact info was for the person who wanted the address, if not up-to-date can always call them if he/she really wants. maybe just a troll.

Notification received by TV states:

PAPPA Co., Ltd. Law Office has relocated to a much larger two-story, double unit at the opposite end of the same building next to the new 7-11. The Pattaya Mayor will cut the ribbon for the Grand Opening next month. However, PAPPA Co., Ltd. Law Office is seeing clients and operating with a much larger staff of Thai lawyers..

And since that answers the question about where they have gone I think we have had enough of this thread

//CLOSED//