Ph Paper Anywhere ?

aneliane

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found the item in a science shop called SUK SA PAN right in front of National Stadium near MBK.

I just asked for the "junk science" aisle and there it was !

Great

I am going to be able to do my favorite junk science experiment at last !

Thank you very much for your help

A

That's brilliant news ... so, what were the results?

We have to know now ...

(Calm down Aneliane, breath deeply, stress is bad for your alkaline level)

Is there actually such a thing as alkaline level in the body and can you change this?

As far as I can tell there is a natural PH range within which the body works and if you try to change that range through diet or something the body self regulates back to it’s ideal range.

You are right. And the range for blood and intracellular fluids is very narrow, 7.35 - 7.45. Nothing you eat will alter that.

What this poster will be testing is not the pH of the blood but rather of the urine. That does change, considerably, accordingly to intake, since the kidneys play a major role in maintaining the body's acid base balance.

However a more acidic result does not in any way mean the body is acidic nor a more alkaline result that the body is more alkaline. It just means that the kidneys needed to excrete more or less acid/base to maintain the body's balance.

Which will not be changed by any of this.

Urine pH does have some health implications vis a vis kidney stones and bladder infections and the like but the idea that it reflects a change in pH of the blood is complete nonsense. As is the idea that there is any need to "alkalize" the blood or body.

Certainly if you consume food or drink with higher pH, the urine pH will rise, but this is not because your body has become "alkaline". It is because your kidneys are getting rid of unnecessary alkaloids. Likewise if you consume a lot of acidic drinks (for example, drink a lot of cranberry juice, as is often done to help with urinary tract infections), the urine pH will drop, but this is not because your body has become acidic.

But for those who insist on believing in junk science, urine pH test strips can easily be obtained from major pharmacies, usually as part of multi-test strips that also check for glucose, protein etc. I've bought urine test strips in the past at pharmacies on Rajawithi near Victory monument opposite the hospitals. I was after protein, but I believe the same strips also measured pH.

whistling.gif Good post.

I was going to mention that some diabetics here in Thailand do monitor their own blood glucose and such levels.

The pharmacies that will sell such things as home monitoring kits are those that are close to and/or associated with a nearby hospital....because a doctor will often reccomend them to a patient who wants or needs such regular monitoring.

So I woiuld look into pharmacies near to major hospitals as a first step.

rolleyes.gif

(Calm down Aneliane, breath deeply, stress is bad for your alkaline level)

Is there actually such a thing as alkaline level in the body and can you change this?

As far as I can tell there is a natural PH range within which the body works and if you try to change that range through diet or something the body self regulates back to it’s ideal range.

You are right. And the range for blood and intracellular fluids is very narrow, 7.35 - 7.45. Nothing you eat will alter that.

What this poster will be testing is not the pH of the blood but rather of the urine. That does change, considerably, accordingly to intake, since the kidneys play a major role in maintaining the body's acid base balance.

However a more acidic result does not in any way mean the body is acidic nor a more alkaline result that the body is more alkaline. It just means that the kidneys needed to excrete more or less acid/base to maintain the body's balance.

Which will not be changed by any of this.

Urine pH does have some health implications vis a vis kidney stones and bladder infections and the like but the idea that it reflects a change in pH of the blood is complete nonsense. As is the idea that there is any need to "alkalize" the blood or body.

Certainly if you consume food or drink with higher pH, the urine pH will rise, but this is not because your body has become "alkaline". It is because your kidneys are getting rid of unnecessary alkaloids. Likewise if you consume a lot of acidic drinks (for example, drink a lot of cranberry juice, as is often done to help with urinary tract infections), the urine pH will drop, but this is not because your body has become acidic.

But for those who insist on believing in junk science, urine pH test strips can easily be obtained from major pharmacies, usually as part of multi-test strips that also check for glucose, protein etc. I've bought urine test strips in the past at pharmacies on Rajawithi near Victory monument opposite the hospitals. I was after protein, but I believe the same strips also measured pH.

whistling.gif Good post.

I was going to mention that some diabetics here in Thailand do monitor their own blood glucose and such levels.

The pharmacies that will sell such things as home monitoring kits are those that are close to and/or associated with a nearby hospital....because a doctor will often reccomend them to a patient who wants or needs such regular monitoring.

So I woiuld look into pharmacies near to major hospitals as a first step.

rolleyes.gif

yes and I just been MAI-MEE

I have found the item in a science shop called SUK SA PAN right in front of National Stadium near MBK.

I just asked for the "junk science" aisle and there it was !

Great

I am going to be able to do my favorite junk science experiment at last !

Thank you very much for your help

A

That's brilliant news ... so, what were the results?

We have to know now ...

very well thank you

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am looking for urine ph strips in Pattaya area. I will try to measure my PH and will also change my diet to more alkaline based food.

Where can I get the strips here? Thanks.

if you have the budget digital ph is the way to go. something like these http://www.mechashop.com/store/index.php/product/PH_TDS_Meter-783783-en.html?ps=2

there are many types available go search.

also red cabbage http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/equipment/ph-indicator.html if it fits your range

Edited by shrodingers kat

Maybe try the Health forum

Agreeing with BookMan above.

The health-body-and-medicine is the only place that you will get a sensible answer to the pee ph paper question.

The Mod there Sheryl's blood is worth bottlin'

perhaps you could have a fire sale i know of a few ppl who would be up for at least 5 liters each

Edited by shrodingers kat

• 5 weeks later...

I am looking for urine ph strips in Pattaya area. I will try to measure my PH and will also change my diet to more alkaline based food.

Where can I get the strips here? Thanks.

Were you able to locate the strips?

Any improvement in the Diet?