Private Taxi From Had Lek To Trat

Bababooey

Last year i took a shared minivan from Had Lek to Pattaya. Never again. On the stretch from Had Lek to Trat the driver was passing on blind curves, driving like a madman.

i'd like to take a private taxi from Had Lek to Trat and then I'll take a bus from Trat to Pattaya.

Anyone have any info or phone numbers for Had Lek private taxis or private car services? Or Trat taxis that would come down to Had Lek to pick me up? I want to make sure that my driver will drive safely.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Carsten for all the good info from our PM exchange.

Your reco of the Trat Center Hotel was excellent. They gave me a promo rate of 580 baht and it's a great place. There is a sign at the desk that says 800 baht. The staff is quite friendly and the rooms

are great.

The bus ride from Trat to Pattaya was cheap and comfortable with no one next to me the entire trip, Final few miles took 90 minutes though partially due to heavy rain.

We paid 1300 for a private van from Had Lek to our hotel in Trat. They requested we pay upfront and told us we would go a short ways and switch vans. After about a 10 or 15 minute ride we switched vans and I saw one driver give the other 1000 baht.

• 1 month later...