Has Electricity Gone Up In Price.

thenervoussurgeon

The price per unit may be interesting, but not the number of units consumed. I suppose some children people just have to show off.

i suppose some people have to bitch for the sake of bitching or because they are utterly bored.

That's possible. Though I would have thought that any person posting about the size of his electricity bill or indeed any other appendage must be pretty bored to do so. Though maybe it's just the highlight of his day.

There doesn't appear to be any mention on that site as to what I personally would expect to pay for electricity. As you say you work for the commission, could you confirm the current tariffs (excluding Ft and VAT) in order that I may check that my electricity bill is correct?

I have no interest in discussions on how you check your electricity bill or about the knowledge base of staff at your provincial PEA office.

So you do not know the tariffs?

The tariff schedule on the PEA and MEA websites should be correct and up to date.

The tariif schedule on the PEA website was last updated in December 2007. The tariff schedule on the MEA website appears to be up to date but as it is not dated, it's difficult to confirm.

I fail to see what is clever (or even interesting) about having a large electricity bill.

Any idiot can leave electrical devices on unnecessarily. Indeed I remember some American clowns who regularly had the aircon on and the doors wide open in their rental farmhouse in Europe. I'm sure their bill was pointlessly huge also.

The price per unit may be interesting, but not the number of units consumed. I suppose some children people just have to show off.

Idiots do exist as opposed to intelligent clowns who try to show off by spreading most ridiculous stories about airconditioned European farmhouse rentals and pointlessly huge electricity bills.

I fail to see what is clever (or even interesting) about having a large electricity bill.

Any idiot can leave electrical devices on unnecessarily. Indeed I remember some American clowns who regularly had the aircon on and the doors wide open in their rental farmhouse in Europe. I'm sure their bill was pointlessly huge also.

Idiots do exist as opposed to intelligent clowns who try to show off by spreading most ridiculous stories about airconditioned European farmhouse rentals and pointlessly huge electricity bills.

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Are you serious Mrs Naam?smile.png

The tariif schedule on the PEA website was last updated in December 2007. The tariff schedule on the MEA website appears to be up to date but as it is not dated, it's difficult to confirm.

There are 8 customer classes of which the residential class has about 20 different rates depending on usage and type of service. So no, I do not know the 70 or 80 different individual tariffs. If I need to know an individual tariff rate, I refer to the ERC website. The tariff schedules are there as I indicated in my earlier post. They are also on both MEA and PEA websites and are up to date. I checked. You are looking at the English language sites. You need to look at the Thai language sites for ERC, MEA and PEA. You will see that all of the information is there as I originally stated. You will also see information about the average base tariff which you claimed did not exist.

• 1 month later...

The landlord come with the “Happy New year present” this morning and prepared us for a 2 Baht increase in electricity price from 1. January 2013. Yes I know EGAT don’t set it up that much in one swoop, but anyone who know how much EGAT up the price?

Thanks

Felt

55555 my heating bill has doubled since I started cooking the fish and rice...

frickin hell guys.....

yes its gone up a bit but far less than a case of Chang or a tank of gas......

Turn off the aircon, get out , sit in a karaoke bar and spend the difference on a few pints and /or some sweetie?..

Our bill has gone from 800-1100 bt to 1400bt in 7 years ....sob sob....

you could also sit in a mall or 7 eleven all day...free air?

Edited by David006

electric bills are way to high here same as petrol , if you look at the average wage how can everyone drive cars and have air cons ..petrol in Australia is only 25 cents a litre more than here but the wage is 10 /15 times more ?????

electric bills are way to high here same as petrol , if you look at the average wage how can everyone drive cars and have air cons ..petrol in Australia is only 25 cents a litre more than here but the wage is 10 /15 times more ?????

Oh my! How much was your house payment? Has your electric gone up since last year?