Most & Least Respected Foreigners In Thailand

thelongshoot

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be difficult to say who are most respected foreigners in Thailand. However, in terms of the least respected ones, the whining and bitching Farangs on this forum would win hands down. And I have no doubt about that at all.

Are you whinging or moaning about whinging and moaning farangs on this forum? So hard to tell.... ;)

Some of the most respected could be the Belgian cool.png

... if I was not one of them

I would suspect 99% of the Thai population wouldnt even know were Belgium is...laugh.png ..they most likely think its part of France or even Holland...

Most Respected: All farang nationalities including Jews (due to fair skin,good looks, rich), Japanese (due to politeness, smart, rich)

Lower than most Respected: Korean

Unknown: African American, Caribbean, Hispanic etc..

Least Respected: Thai Isaan people, dark skin-fat Thai people, Indian, Arab, (untrustworthy), Chinese (selfish and they like to spit), Laos, Cambodian, Burmese (because Thai see them self in them and hated it)

That's a fact

PS even if you are a farang but if you think you can bring your bar girl wife to a middle class Thai family house you might fall in to the least respected category as well.

Edited by ARISTIDE

Scandinavians are most popular.

Where ever I go all the girls call me hundsom.

I'm afraid bar girls will talk like that to all farang, a real Thai girl are reserved and won't talk like that

Ohh, I forgot the whistling.gif

I'm afraid bar girls will talk like that to all farang, a real Thai girl are reserved and won't talk like that

Yes seems we have another all knowing Thai culture farang on the prowl talking through his bottom

But i am curious to know how a bar girl who happens to be of the Thai nationality is not a real Thai girl, maybe the posters only experience is with Katoy's hence the reference to Not real Thai girls...whistling.gif

• Like 1

Yes seems we have another all knowing Thai culture farang on the prowl talking through his bottom

But i am curious to know how a bar girl who happens to be of the Thai nationality is not a real Thai girl, maybe the posters only experience is with Katoy's hence the reference to Not real Thai girls...whistling.gif

Perhaps he is not capable of understanding the subtlety of "hundsom"

Regarding other South East Asians, the Thais opinion of these groups are more of class structure rather than race. For example they regard the Japanese and the Chinese with high esteem, but consider the Cambodians, Vietnamese and Burmese as belonging at the bottom of the heap due to most of them coming from nations of no wealth.

japan and china aren't part of sea

It was going against the grain though when they tried to make that Tiger Woods guy a Thai citizen. rolleyes.gif

Tiger woods is an Thai citizen, he became that when he was born by his Thai mother.

They tried to convince him to play under the Thai flag.

i am not sure you can hold both nationality

the most respected : any foreigner coming to thailand with a wallet full of cash are greeted in the best way.tongue.png

the least respected: any foreigner that have spent his last penny are completely despised.whistling.gif

It was going against the grain though when they tried to make that Tiger Woods guy a Thai citizen. rolleyes.gif

Tiger woods is an Thai citizen, he became that when he was born by his Thai mother.

My sons hold both thai and american nationality so 100% you can hold both. And that includes passports from both if you so wish.

Edited by Jayman

Yes, the Japanese have invested hugely in Thailand to the extent of building highways for the Thai's to drive their Japanese cars on so big respect there. More like a benevolent benefactor and the lowly beneficiary.

Throughout history, the Cambodians and Burmese have frequently been at war with Thailand, sometimes they won, sometimes they lost so there's no respect there at all. More like football fans; Celtic v. [the piss artists formerly known as] Rangers

Fenian git.

smile.png

• Like 1

Many Americans like to refer to Canada as "America's retarded cousin".

So why would Americans who put canook flags on their bags and tell people they are Canadian prefer to be considered retards than tell people they are American when travelling...whistling.gif

You have clearly met only Canadians who were pulling your leg.

An American (when I say America, I mean REAL America, i.e. NY, Boston, Chicago, and California) does not need to put a flag on their backpack.

The fact that they are American is implied by the high level of education and manners.

By real american do you mean the native american indian per chance?

Yes, the Japanese have invested hugely in Thailand to the extent of building highways for the Thai's to drive their Japanese cars on so big respect there. More like a benevolent benefactor and the lowly beneficiary.

Throughout history, the Cambodians and Burmese have frequently been at war with Thailand, sometimes they won, sometimes they lost so there's no respect there at all. More like football fans; Celtic v. [the piss artists formerly known as] Rangers

Fenian git.

smile.png

are you trying to suggest that there is some sort of inequal level of skill in Cambodian and Burmese war making when compared to Thailand wrt footy

As long as you are not dark-skin you ok...giggle.gif

Rubbish.

I'm a black guy and I've had no issues whatsoever with disrespect from Thais.

They display pure indifference to my skin tone . . . just the way I like it smile.png

When were you last in Thailand? Years ago there wasn't many black guys around so I guess most Thais had little opinion other than their general dislike of dark skin colour.

Recently though I've noticed in nightspots frequented mostly by Thais, groups of black guys are being ignored service and/or asked to leave. Is anyone a regular to RCA, is this the case along there too?

Didn't he denounce any desire to be Thai when his mother was blocked from purchasing land etc due to her US passport?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

Rubbish.

They display pure indifference to my skin tone . . . just the way I like it smile.png

When were you last in Thailand? Years ago there wasn't many black guys around so I guess most Thais had little opinion other than their general dislike of dark skin colour.

Recently though I've noticed in nightspots frequented mostly by Thais, groups of black guys are being ignored service and/or asked to leave. Is anyone a regular to RCA, is this the case along there too?

I've lived here four over four years straight so I guess my experience is current and pertinent.

Haven't been to RCA in a while - patrons are just far too young - but, from what I've seen, many younger Thais have a voracious appetite for hip-hop/R'n'B/black culture so I'd be surprised to see them thrown out of clubs there unless, of course, like some white guys, they take the piss.

Rubbish.

I've lived here four over four years straight so I guess my experience is current and pertinent.

Haven't been to RCA in a while - patrons are just far too young - but, from what I've seen, many younger Thais have a voracious appetite for hip-hop/R'n'B/black culture so I'd be surprised to see them thrown out of clubs there unless, of course, like some white guys, they take the piss.

I've seen African-American tourists around and they're treated no differently than any other foreigner. I've seen black guys with Thai women and they're not treated any differently than any farang/Thai couple. The only difference may be a group of young Nigerians in certain parts of BKK, and that's only from what I've heard, not seen. Generally, blacks are just another type of farang in Thailand.

LOL @ dormant racisim ...... did you grow up under power lines ? Are the signs that say "no blacks or indians allowed" dormant ? LOL

That`s news to me. Never seen any of those signs ever since I`ve been here.

Please tell us where? Names of places, pictures if possible?

So over to you?

I don't have any pictures however you have been here long enough (on thsi visa) to remember the black rap guy that was refused entry to his hotel because he was balck about 1.5 years ago ..... remember that ? Their are defenitly signs , the fact you haven't seen them means not very much. They would be smaller guest house places.

As far as treatment I think blacks are treated about the same but behind thier backs people just don't like dark skin period , Thai's dont even like Thais or other Asians with dark skin ! ..... Why this is even a discussion instead of common knowlegde is beyond me.

Thai's are at the top of the racisim list in attitudes. They just are smart enough not to make a bloodbath out of it.

Edited by MrRealDeal

Rubbish.

Cases of racism against black guys do occur from time to time, been witness to it several times and my friends have been victims of it but you are right though that the younger ones seems to appreciate more the diversity and that's welcoming.

LOL @ dormant racisim ...... did you grow up under power lines ? Are the signs that say "no blacks or indians allowed" dormant ? LOL

That`s news to me. Never seen any of those signs ever since I`ve been here.

Please tell us where? Names of places, pictures if possible?

So over to you?

Well Mr Beetlejuice, just because you have not experienced a particular thing does not mean that it doesn't exist.

I make no comment what-so-ever in relation to this photo below except to say that it caught my Sisters eye (and surprised her), a first time visitor to Thailand last year.

post-104736-0-07940800-1343042114_thumb.

Taken Nov 2011, connecting laneway in the vicinity of Sukhumvit Soi 5

There is an irony that Thais will immediately and without qualification be dismissive of Indians, only for them to wai the Lord Buddha (an Indian), the next.

Thought Buddah was from Nepal ?....so not strictly "India"

At least 3 places claiming the honour.