How Long Before You Fell In Love

rcalsop

Following on a side theme from the thread about why people came to and stayed in Thailand ..a couple of posters mentioned they met their now wives after only a few hours ... I have always been interested how long it takes to realise or to feel you have fallen in love .

Did love at first sight happen to you ... it did with me. A bitter hard nosed divorced man of much travel experience , setting up and running expat teams ( an opportunity to see every motivation to be an expat and every type of scam /woman problem etc ).

I came to BKK for R&R and pure lust driven motives . Then after a matter of hours I met my now wife in a posh restaurant ( my second love food)and I fell in love immediately ..No control no rational thought just head over heals in love .

Now many years later and two great kids I love her the same ...and she recently admitted to me she fell for me instantly just as I did ...

After alot of testing my feelings and playing the cash / bank/ games ..we always had more in the account when I returned from working abroad.( I am ashamed to admit I did test her but I could not believe love could be that quick )

With in 6 months from the first meeting we were married and she came to live with me abroad Bangladesh where I was working at the time ...thats true love .

How long to fall in love for you guys ??? and when did you propose !

Edited by rcalsop

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~

Somewhere between 3 and 5 seconds but I wasn't counting. She was waitressing in a restaurant and had spotted me a couple of times the day before and actually asked several of my friends (confirmed) who I was because she "felt strong electricity".

The next day, I turned from talking with one of those friends who pointed her out, our eyes met, and I was immediately in love.. Almost five years now and we still love each other more every day and I had never imagined that I could be so happy (sappy, eh?). :D

She invited me to participate in the "marriage" ceremony with her family and of course I agreed - we had been together for six months. Then I took her to Hawaii where we had a really cool beach wedding on the island of Maui.

Ain't romance great? :o

No love at first sight with me but I did think see was the most beautiful women I had ever seen and still have that picture in my head after 5 years. I think it was about 1 year that I really new I was in love with her.

She had asked me if I loved her after being together about 2 months in which I told no but I really liked her a lot and that love it is something that has to grow slowly. She thanked me for being honest.

5 years later still going strong and have a good understanding of what each other wants in life

Last time i was there i fell in love about twice a day for 3 weeks

I started to fall for a girl after like 3 days , so i asked her to leave . :o I didnt want to make stupid decisions about her nor did i want her to take advantage of me because i was blind !

Love or lust???

There is a difference!!!

Yes

Lust is what I feel when 20 luvelies in white shirts and short black skirts get of the bus and cross the road in front of me ...

.Love is what I feel when

1/ My wife and I look at the kids playing peacefully on Christmas morning surrounded by the wonders of Santa .

2/ It is what I feel after making love and having a cuddle falling asleep in my bed .

3/ It is what I feel after we both work in the garden and after hours of work we stop and look at our achievements

4/ It is what I feel when we are walking around the Mall and she slips a hand into mine

5/ It is what I feel when she opens the gate for me when I come home .

But enough of this sloppy sentiment .

Yes there is a big difference ...I also believe men are more romantic than women and many western women no longer know how to make a man feel like a man ..and they kill romance .

Not the man !

Came to Hua Hin for 4 days to visit a friend and have been here two years now! Met a girl early on and was stung through lack of local knowledge then after about 4 weeks met a really nice girl and have been seeing her now for one and a half years, but marridge..... :o im not so sure. I like things just the way they are.

Following on a side theme from the thread about why people came to and stayed in Thailand ..a couple of posters mentioned they met their now wives after only a few hours ... I have always been interested how long it takes to realise or to feel you have fallen in love .

Did love at first sight happen to you ... it did with me. A bitter hard nosed divorced man of much travel experience , setting up and running expat teams ( an opportunity to see every motivation to be an expat and every type of scam /woman problem etc ).

I came to BKK for R&R and pure lust driven motives . Then after a matter of hours I met my now wife in a posh restaurant ( my second love food)and I fell in love immediately ..No control no rational thought just head over heals in love .

Now many years later and two great kids I love her the same ...and she recently admitted to me she fell for me instantly just as I did ...

After alot of testing my feelings and playing the cash / bank/ games ..we always had more in the account when I returned from working abroad.( I am ashamed to admit I did test her but I could not believe love could be that quick )

With in 6 months from the first meeting we were married and she came to live with me abroad Bangladesh where I was working at the time ...thats true love .

I fall in love every day on the BTS!! :o

I've been out-of-love for over a year, and I've successfully applied "forced-coma-techniques" when it comes to those matters. ***shakes head. I can't say anything much when it comes to these topics anymore coz "forced-coma" is irreversible. Hold on, let me whoop my forehead. (Sometimes, the trick works.) ***whoops forehead! Hmmmmm, I'm afraid my brain's still comatose.

Edited by the_heart_thief

My best friend tried to get me to go to Thailand for years. I was married at the time and thought it was a hedonist paradise, I just wouldn't go. He was killed in Iraq, I divorced and I decided too late to see what all the fuss was about. I met a lovely Thai lady (no surprise there), she stayed with me the entire vacation. I was in love by the second day. We've been together for 2 years now. We have 2 sons, a beautiful home and a nice store in the province. For me, falling in love was quick, it's the depth of our love that keeps surprising me. I always think that I couldn't possibly love her more, yet with every trip home I find myself deeper in love. The lengths and efforts that these wonderful ladies go to, to show their love never ceases to amaze me.

I look forward to the day that I can leave my work in Iraq and stay full time in Thailand.

• 4 years later...

Please rethink again, whether It's LOVE or PASSION or LUST. How can both love one and another without communication. You know what ISAN woman dream of Farang boyfriend because they can earn money from that. I don't thnik you guys love one and another but just for some reason - One want to release a passion or lust because they're leftover from their countries and one want money therefore both reasons are match together then Resoning Love happen. One of the good examples is 50 years old Farang sleep with 20 years old Thai girl, How grandpa can sleep with his grandchild? If I were them I would feel terribly.

Please rethink again, whether It's LOVE or PASSION or LUST. How can both love one and another without communication.

Love is a very primitive emotion, really not based on logic or communication.

If you have to talk to a girl before you decide then it isn't love you are feeling.

I'm not sure love is always mutual either, do they love you or your wallet? Does it matter?

Takes me between 10 seconds and 60 seconds to know.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Oh dear and after a 4 year gap too!! :)

My thoughts as well. For a while there I thought I was in some sort of time warp. I clicked on 2 different topics that dated back ages ago.

On this topic all I can relate to is personal experiences. I was only in "love" 3 times in my entire life and only one of them did I marry. However, I've been attracted to thousands of different women of which more that a few I became intimate with. Very few of those would ever have turned into a true love relationship. I have seen and been in situations where there was an instant attraction between two people, but true love is far more than just physical attraction. And, it takes TWO to make it happen.