Female Driver Kills 5 Pedestrians At Moscow Bus Stop

News_Editor

Female driver kills 5 pedestrians at Moscow bus stop < br />

2012-07-22 08:06:56 GMT+7 (ICT)

MOSCOW, RUSSIA (BNO NEWS) -- A female driver struck a number of pedestrians at a bus stop near the Russian capital of Moscow on late Saturday evening, killing five of them, traffic police said on early Sunday. Among those killed is a seven-year-old girl.

The accident happened at about 10 p.m. local time when a Land Rover struck a group of pedestrians who were waiting at a bus stop along a public road in the Noginsk district of Moscow Oblast. Traffic police said the driver is a woman from Moscow, but gave no other details about their identity.

"As a result of the accident, five people died as a result of their injuries," a spokesperson for Moscow region traffic police said, adding that it was not yet known what caused the woman to run over the pedestrians. "An investigation is being carried out, during which the cause of the accident will be determined."

The woman has been taken into custody while the investigation continues to determine the cause of the accident, which also claimed the life of a seven-year-old girl. The identities of the other victims were not immediately released. It was unclear if the driver was injured in the crash.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-07-22

Because Russian women are frickin awful drivers. I am married to one.

Geez; love certainly hasn't blinded you, in any way . . . . . .

guitar.gif

when married to a Russian need to keep your eyes open 24/7

Condolences to the victims and their family's.

• Like 1

Why mention the gender of the driver in the headline?

Quite right. Let's return to the Soviet era of doctored News reporting.

Drunk driver kills ..., Underage driver kills ... , Epileptic driver kills ... ,

But how often you can read "Male driver kills ..." - in a headline that is pretty unusual. Same goes for "Female driver kills ..."

In Saudi Arabia they might put it into a headline.

Or when it are some macho style jokes about "Female parking ...". but that isn't some funny joke here.

Haha, seriously, spend some time in Russia. Most don't have cars and women having a car and driving is like winning powerball over there. When they get the chance to drive they are a bit like a Grandma behind the wheel. I know many here in the States who haven driven for here maybe 10 years and they still drive like Grandma. Both hands on the wheel, very timid and anxious makes for poor reactions and choices.

My wife is all the time watching women driver videos on Russian YouTube so she gets it. They are some funny stuff. Scan them if you get a chance.

Haha, seriously, spend some time in Russia. Most don't have cars and women having a car and driving is like winning powerball over there. When they get the chance to drive they are a bit like a Grandma behind the wheel. I know many here in the States who haven driven for here maybe 10 years and they still drive like Grandma. Both hands on the wheel, very timid and anxious makes for poor reactions and choices.

My wife is all the time watching women driver videos on Russian YouTube so she gets it. They are some funny stuff. Scan them if you get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39qdhbkTko4