Making A Will In Thailand

w11guy

What's the general cost of making a will in Bangkok. I just checked Sunbelt prices and they are more expensive than the UK! Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced lawyer?

Also, do you know if making a will in Thailand will override a UK will?

It's more expensive to do here than Australia as well. I believe it's between 8-10,000 baht.

It's more expensive to do here than Australia as well. I believe it's between 8-10,000 baht.

We paid just over $300 bucks for our Will in Oz.. My father paid B11,000 in Nong Khai.

Not too much of a difference, but I would have expected Oz to have been dearer myself.

• Like 1

You need to have a will for both countries, a UK will does not cover assets in Thailand and visa versa. The is a simple way to make a Thai will using the Amphur, a handwritten document (not typed) that is signed and witnessed can be lodged at the Amphur for a small charge and apparently that is the simplest and most straight forward way to go.

We paid just over $300 bucks for our Will in Oz.. My father paid B11,000 in Nong Khai.

Not too much of a difference, but I would have expected Oz to have been dearer myself.

A will in Adelaide was $200, but if you were on a pension it was $50.

• Like 1