Chiang Mai Weather Now.

Impkenai

Weather forecasts having been showing possibility of thunders showers or storms for the past 2 months or more. The reality is there has been very little rain in the past 2 months. Days when it does rain it has been for only 15 minutes or so. However August and September are close and that probably means a lot of rain.

Weather forecasts having been showing possibility of thunders showers or storms for the past 2 months or more. The reality is there has been very little rain in the past 2 months. Days when it does rain it has been for only 15 minutes or so. However August and September are close and that probably means a lot of rain.

That's very true. The Mae Taeng and Ping rivers are below normal for this time of year. Almost 100% of the Mae Taeng is diverted to the canal to allow rice planting to start. Last year there was much more water flowing. A few days of hard rain could change all that quickly though.

Right now it's raining.

We've had light drizzle all day but hard to call it real rain. The OP better bring a parka.... It's down to 21 C here already tonight.

Would an umbrella do? unsure.png

I need a lesson on using an umbrella to keep out the 21C.

That's very true. The Mae Taeng and Ping rivers are below normal for this time of year. Almost 100% of the Mae Taeng is diverted to the canal to allow rice planting to start. Last year there was much more water flowing. A few days of hard rain could change all that quickly though.

IIRC last year's flooding woes started with Nock Ten That was almost exactly a year ago...........shock1.gif If anyone has seen what happened in China last few days it might be time to prepare the sandbags! Edited by Paagai

Hey Imp, what species are you going after ? Some like the giant snakehead and jungle perch can be pretty active when there's rain on and off. It puts alot of bait in the water and on top, so they're excited. Pretty sure it works the same with some of the various catfish species around too.

I might make you wet, but gray n some drizzle could really improve the overall fishing.

IIRC last year's flooding woes started with Nock Ten That was almost exactly a year ago...........shock1.gif If anyone has seen what happened in China last few days it might be time to prepare the sandbags!

Except, of course, that the whole of last year was already very wet up until that point, including a very out of the ordinary "hot ^& dry season that wasn't"

Hey Imp, what species are you going after ? Some like the giant snakehead and jungle perch can be pretty active when there's rain on and off. It puts alot of bait in the water and on top, so they're excited. Pretty sure it works the same with some of the various catfish species around too.

It might make you wet, but gray n some drizzle could really improve the overall fishing.

I have no particular favorite specie, just like any fish at the end of my line. LOL. This time I'm planning for Pla Buek and Pla Sawai. Need some exercise after a year's layoff. VBG. The sun and the rain don't bother me ... I take it as it comes. It's the lightning that can pose a threat to carbon fishing rods, and also being the highest point in the middle of a body of water. I'm not suicidal ... yet! VBG

I find most fishes feed after the rains had stopped, especially when it rains on a hot day.