Bed Bugs

watgate

Has anyone ever encountered bed bugs while in Chiang Mai? Either staying at a hotel or a long stay place or any other place for that matter. I am trying to avoid a potentially unpleasant experience and if anyone has encountered any bed bugs or maybe knows of places in chiang mai that are known for having them, I would appreciate any information so as to avoid those places.

You should also be asking posters where did they stay afterwards. Since the guests are the "trasmitters/spreaders" of bedbugs, logically it would be important to know where else they have stayed and possibly spread the infestation.

Better approach would be: Can anyone recommend a place that no one has stayed before? - the answer is no.

Edited by CMSteve

Or, recommend a place where only guests stay with proper personal hygiene standards.

Bedbug transmission is not a matter of personal hygiene. The bugs don't live on people. They just live off them, like mosquitoes. They generally get around by hiding themselves in clothing other personal effects and hitching a ride.

Jingjoks should take care of bedbugs over time. They like the dark and as night ends and the room starts to lighten they will hide in the darkest corners. If you have black jeans or a black bag lying around they will hide in the seams and folds of the fabric. You check-out go home and take them with you. I find them repulsive. I used to stay at a place in Taipei that was full of them and got to know their habits.