Thai Visa Meet & Greet & Walk Group

cathy211

I’m out of shape but I enjoy a good walk and one of my favorite places to walk is up the Pratumnak hill starting from the lighthouse past Walking Street and past the boat yard. There are steps and then a good incline. At the top, there’s a café. I used to do this walk every 2nd day and it does get easier.

Would this interest anyone to meet as a group and do the hill climb together? The paths are well maintained and cool. There are very few people up on the hill so it’s clean and quiet with nice views.

We pass over the Pattaya City sign and rest often. If we want, we can go up to the big Buddha.

We can meet at the lighthouse every 2nd day. What time would you like? All ages and fitness levels welcome. Good chance to meet some like minded people who want to get out, walk, and meet new people.

08:30-10:30?

10:30-12:30?

12:30-2:30?

etc.

post-149387-0-63803200-1343043303_thumb.

• Like 2

I like to walk too and I'm a late riser. We walk from deep Naklua to the beach sometimes or sometimes take the bike to the Northern most beach and walk to WS and back, sometimes shorter. Anyway, I'd be interested in walking up the hill in the late after noon. TV name is Sunseek01. Great idea.

Wednesday and/or Friday of this week from 16-18:00.

I assure you the first time is challenging only on the ascent but the beautiful views and often unseen landscaping make it more than worthwhile. We go at your pace.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: We've been meeting daily at the lighthouse at 16:00 and climbing up the hill, weather permitting. Good exercise and good chats up the hill. All those interested in joining us, please send me a private message. Thank you.

How many members your group exist of yet?

I didn't count but a few Thais and a few foreigners. Less than 10 people I think.

Thanks Cathy, but my question was with actual tv members in mind.Have any tv members joined yet, as I see that there were some responses earliert in the thread.

How many members your group exist of yet?

I didn't count but a few Thais and a few foreigners. Less than 10 people I think.

Thanks Cathy, but my question was with actual tv members in mind.Have any tv members joined yet, as I see that there were some responses earliert in the thread.

Yes there are some TV members and some from word of mouth, friends of friends, badminton club, etc. Thai and foreigners all with 1 goal: to climb the hill! Today we will meet at 16:00 at the light house and play badminton on the top (above the Pattaya City sign). Hope to see you there!

A few snaps from today's walk. We hiked up the hill and played an hour of badminton (while enjoying the lovely view and cool breeze) until the weather forced us to run for cover. Welcome to join us. It gets easier every day!

post-149387-0-97966000-1345140349_thumb.

post-149387-0-46997800-1345140352_thumb.

post-149387-0-52008800-1345140354_thumb.

post-149387-0-98188300-1345140356_thumb.

Looks like you have a good time, hopefully before the daily rain sets in. I hope there are no pictures of Thai Visa members in that set as that is against forum rules.

It is a good idea really and a nice walk too.

4:00 TO 6:30 DOES SEEM TO BE NOT THE BEST TIME RIGHT NOW AS PER ANOTHER RUNNING POST WHERE THE RAINS ARE TAKING US DAILY AT AROUND 5:00..........oops caps on...........however after a good trek maybe the rain is a welcome factor.

Might join you one day soon.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Since the OP and a few others got banned, then it's up to someone new to resurrect this. Who knows, they may still be meeting and walking and talking in their TV "afterlife".

Sign me up!... but I won't be back till December so someone else needs to kick this off (again). Seems like a great idea since it's not limited to TV'ers. Mornings would still be best as it will be to hot and/or wet most afternoons.