Work Permit / Location & Address Question

Hello all,

I got a question about work permit and the location in general. I have WP that states my office address, so what im allowed / not allowed to do outside of my office.

- Am I allowed to have business meeting in Coffee shop down the street?

- Can I fly to have business meeting in BKK (my office is in Chiang Mai)?

- Can I go and do consulting work on my clients office for a day / week / month?

- How about partner companies? We have project we work together with other Thai companies, am I allowed to stay in their office and supervice the project?

Whats the deal?

Another Questions If I have a longer contract with my client within Thailand, could I apply for another address to be added to the work permit?

Sorry there is a lot of questions here, but just want to get general idea when Im breaking the rules and when not and if there is actually anyway to do any of the stuff above legally.

If it does change anything my company just received BOI certification and we will have more farangs than thais in the office so these questions are not just for me but for the future employees as well.

That all largely depends on the work description that has been given.

For business meetings it should not be a problem, but supervising in another office that would need to be stated in the work permit. If it only states you work at the company offices, that is not enough.

I would let the company contact the One Stop Service now they received BOI certification, they are there to help.

That all largely depends on the work description that has been given.

For business meetings it should not be a problem, but supervising in another office that would need to be stated in the work permit. If it only states you work at the company offices, that is not enough.

I would let the company contact the One Stop Service now they received BOI certification, they are there to help.

I should have been perhaps a bit more clear but Im the director and main share holder of the company so when you say they (for the company) I feel a bit guilty...

one stop service: http://www.thaivisa.com/359.0.html

The One-Stop Service Center is located at -

Chamchuri Square

Floor 18

319 Phaya Thai Rd.

Patumwan

Bangkok 10330

this one in Bangkok? does anyone know about the one stop service for BOI ? it seems like that link there is not working.

The One Stop is often better to deal with, they seem to have more friendly rules and are immigation and labour office in one, so it speeds up things.

Since located in Chiang Mai, I don't think you have to deal with them, unless there is a One Stop Service Office in Chiang Mai. If you have good contacts with labour in CM, just contact them. If they say no, you can always contact the One Stop service.