Amusing Incident At Breakfast Buffet

daoyai

I was at CM airport last week to meet someone went into Black Canyon and for the first time in many years ordered a coffee as, unlike my regular coffee shop where I have great cocoa for 25baht, these chain places usually serve insipid cocoa at more than double.

So I just thought what the hell they must surely make very good coffee.

I believe it was 60 baht for the basic coffee, and I ordered.

"with milk?" she asked

"yes" I replied.

Two minutes later I got a cup of coffee which smelt (and tasted) good, and had milk it. It looked very normal.

"70 baht" she said

"errr it says 60 baht just there above your head"

"But you are having milk in it!"

Is it just me? Is Black Canyon ripping people off?

Should I have asked for a refund for the coffee that was missing from the cup to make way for the milk!!??

The key-word is 'the airport', everything in an airport is overpriced. sad.png

• Like 1

How was the coffee?

I have been there before many times, last year at this time they lowered the price for low season, this year, they raised the price, not a good strategy I think.

I was in Phuket a few years ago during low season and there were so many things that seemed more expensive, and so I asked... "why is this more expensive now." The answer? "Because it low season and have no customer." I guess the thinking is, someone has to make up for the loss, right? Silly to me, but obviously not to these business owners. Oh well.

I was at CM airport last week to meet someone went into Black Canyon and for the first time in many years ordered a coffee as, unlike my regular coffee shop where I have great cocoa for 25baht, these chain places usually serve insipid cocoa at more than double.

So I just thought what the hell they must surely make very good coffee.

I believe it was 60 baht for the basic coffee, and I ordered.

"with milk?" she asked

"yes" I replied.

Two minutes later I got a cup of coffee which smelt (and tasted) good, and had milk it. It looked very normal.

"70 baht" she said

"errr it says 60 baht just there above your head"

"But you are having milk in it!"

Is it just me? Is Black Canyon ripping people off?

Should I have asked for a refund for the coffee that was missing from the cup to make way for the milk!!??

The key-word is 'the airport', everything in an airport is overpriced. sad.png

Same price at other Black Canyon outletswink.png

"I was in Phuket a few years ago during low season and there were so many things that seemed more expensive, and so I asked... "why is this more expensive now." The answer? "Because it low season and have no customer." I guess the thinking is, someone has to make up for the loss, right? Silly to me, but obviously not to these business owners."

"Because it low season and have no customer."

Thai way of life, so solly.

john

• Like 1

How can we argue with that! OMG this is hilarious.

"I was in Phuket a few years ago during low season and there were so many things that seemed more expensive, and so I asked... "why is this more expensive now." The answer? "Because it low season and have no customer." I guess the thinking is, someone has to make up for the loss, right? Silly to me, but obviously not to these business owners."

"Because it low season and have no customer."

Thai way of life, so solly.

john

Edited by ARISTIDE

Just walk across the street to the Wild Boar - full English breakfast for 120B. Not a buffet but bet it fills you up - and they know how to cook eggs.

This message brought to you by a happy customer.

I will "second" that. Great breakfast there, infact all the food there I have tried is awesome. Cheap too to boot !!

Kudos to the OP for keeping his cool, smiling through it, and finding an amicable conclusion, all while standing his ground. These are essential skills for living happily in Thailand, where you can drive yourself mad by reacting to every little instance of ineptitude. (It's just as healthful, but more difficult, to find the same composure in the face of dishonesty, as opposed to mere incompetence.)

Positives from negativity always surface in some way or another and are usually found when we calm ourselves down and reflect on them.

Daotai is a very good example on how to react / not react especially in what are after all minor when put into context.

Your post 26 is a brilliant response and this post of Puwa,s compliments the sentiments we should try to take from the minor blips on our daily lives when it comes to the the pleasure we get most of the time..

Don,t let them spoil the rest of your day by dwelling on negative stuff.

Thank you

marshbags smile.png

Edited by marshbags

Walked to Raming Lodge, hmm, reminds me of another unpopular post I made. Assumig you live here you sure are located close to Loy Kroh Rd, if I may be so impertenent, what are your hobbies, archery, buffets and stamp collecting?

Happy I guess I don't know where this place is

A funny one happend to me a month ago when my wife and I rode to Mae Hong Son and for dinner ordered one of those fried fish. Menu said 150 baht bill came and it was 220 Bt. Pointed it out and they said the fish I got was larger than normal. I never asked for a larger fish, just what the menu noted. I paid it, but never returned again and told all my friends