Where To Buy Big Shoes

2008bangkok

Hi,

Im in need of a pair of shoes for big person, size 10/11 UK, US 11/12 Iv looked round the main places MBK, central ect but I cannot see any and rather that walk in every shoe shop in BKK was hoping some1 may know a actual shop and branch that caters for people with farang sized feet.

As always cheers for the help

Depends what kind of shoes you need. It shouldn't be too difficult to find US 11's here, but any bigger than that and you'll need to consider importing for most types of shoes. I wear a size US 13 and either buy all my shoes during trips abroad, or have them shipped here. I have a few Thai friends with larger feet and they all import from Western countries.

11's should be no problem at all. I see them regularly at Zen, also The large sporting goods store at Central World on the 3rd floor and most of the brand specific shops in Central world & Emporium....ie North Face, Sketchers, Nike and etc. I wear 13 US, when I do look for shoes in BKK, I am forced to look at ever single pair in the hunt for my size, and I do see 11's commonly.

I wear size 15 US extra wide and need to import them. Every shop I looked at here told me they had 12's and all swear they are big 12's so I used to say sure bring them out. I'd put them next to my foot and my toes are way out past the end with the sales person looking at me like "cash or credit".

Gave up in the end and import them from the USA and pay the extra taxes and import duties, no choice. Google "shoe buy", and you should find the sites but like others have said, 10's and 11's shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the advice guys, i guess ill try evadgib place first on soi 11 if Tommy cooper could find something! im actually a big UK 10 or 11 and trainers seem to be ok in MBK but not shoes, you may get the odd paid here and there but certainly not a big choice, if someone thought of opening a shop for the bigger man they would clean up!

Its nice to know im not the only one with this dilemer thumbsup.gif

Why not visit a couple of custom shoe shops, they will custom make shoes to fit your feet no matter what size-your choice of leather and style.Google -Toney leather Bangkok 111/6 Suriwong Rd. Suriyawong Bangrak BKK. 10500 THAILAND

Lefty

I bought some UK 12 shoes about 3 weeks ago from 'Taywin' on 3rd floor MBK. Don't remember the price but not expensive. Decent quality but limited choice. Very helpful staff.

Hint: Careful if you take the TGF as she might want to load up on their shoes, bags, etc. wai.gif

I've regularly seen sizes up to 13 at various shops around Central World, Siam Discovery/Center and other places... Sports shoes and regular shoes.

I haven't seen larger sizes available in stores... But as mentioned, there are a variety of custom make shoes shops that mostly will do dress shoes to order, but not at any bargain prices. Another one of those is on Suk Road between the Nana and Asoke BTS stations on the even sois side of the road.

But, as a size 15 wearer and generally looking for casual shoes, I buy mine from New Balance, hush Puppies and SAS shoes in the U.S., the latter are the best and most comfortable I've ever found.

Although you can't order SAS from Amazon, most of the other larger size shoe brands are available there.

• 1 year later...

I tried to get wide shoes made here - a disaster - gave up after the 3rd try. They just couldn't get the idea of wide fitting, as mine are very very wide.

In the end I realised I don't need width I need height in the toe box. A very tall and roomy toe box.

I hope this helps others having hand made shoes for very wide fitting shoes.

I need UK 13 and went looking a few days ago. In the major central world in Chitlom, I think roughly third floor by the lifts, there's a sports shop and they had Vans size 12... don't know if that's a UK or US size. Apart from that, didn't see anything.

It's so desperate, I did look into making a pair, though that's a lot harder than I thought. Perhaps just some simple type sandals would be possible, then wear them with socks (and look 100% middle aged).

The size thirteen I have on now I had delivered to me in the UK, only twelve quid including postage, they're Converse rip offs but great fit. I wonder what the import tax on a pair is?