Travel Ins - Not Covered Riding A Bike

debbielong

Travel insurance policies depends of the country and insurance company where the insurance is issued.

I have an Thai insurance which covers motorbike accidents. Had to pay a bit extra for it. Most likely the same applies to other insurance companies as well.

Travel insurance policies depends of the country and insurance company where the insurance is issued.

I have an Thai insurance which covers motorbike accidents. Had to pay a bit extra for it. Most likely the same applies to other insurance companies as well.

hi Oili, can you give me the name of your ins co? (or pm me) It's for Thailand.

ta

deb

hi Oili, can you give me the name of your ins co? (or pm me) It's for Thailand.

ta

deb

My company is AIA (American insurance assurance). Medical and accident insurances together was a bit less than 20.000B/year if I remember correctly. Sorry could not find their phone number, but a representative office is here.

http://map.panphuket.com/mappoint/aia-representative-office

The office people are really nice, but their English is not the best. Just remember to say that you are looking for the insurance for motorbike accidents as well. I have not tested how it works in practice, but other cases I have needed to used the insurance, has been good. I have been to the hospital couple of times and they have handled the situations in the way which made me feel that there is still love and care in Thailand. :)

If you rent a motor bike in Thailand you nust have proper insurance. In an accident as a foreigner you will be held responsible and might have to pay millions of baht compensation even though it is not your fault. So be warned. If you don't have insurance dion't rent a M/Bike

If you rent a motor bike in Thailand you nust have proper insurance. In an accident as a foreigner you will be held responsible and might have to pay millions of baht compensation even though it is not your fault. So be warned. If you don't have insurance dion't rent a M/Bike

Yes, make sure you have insurance.

But no, iof you're not at fault you will not be blamed for it nor required to pay millions of Baht.