Looking For Condo To Rent Longterm

STUDMEYER

It might be worthwhile taking a look at the Rimping Condo. It's right across the river from the U.S. Consulate.

The pool is on the 6th floor, but is open on three sides. If that's acceptable, I think it meets all your other criteria (almost). The refrigerators they supply are a bit small, but I opted to just buy my own.

The balconies are spacious and allow barbeque.

If you go, look on the bulletin board in the lobby first. You may find one that's recently been remodeled. Though they're all western style, some that the condo owns are a bit dated looking.

I was impressed by them also. If I remember right their electric charge was low compared to many others 4 or 5 baht I can't remember. One problem there is my wife says it is haunted and would not even go in with me to look at it. And I am not interested in getting another wife.

As for my post saying they had only raised my rent once that was true. But I can not say for sure what the common practice is here. My suggestion if money is not the object take what you like. Chances are they will not raise the rent in the first year and if they do you said money was not the concern if it is what you want.

All so if you rent from the Condo rather than a private owner the chances of getting booted out are pretty slim.

I have stayed at Mountain Front and they have some great units under 20k

The pool is well maintained and they have a very nice pool and sala relax area set up

Areas are brand new and the receptionist is very competent ...they can organize laundry water the likes easily for u

At the condo they offer a free shuttle daily at 2 timings to the Kad Suew Kway Mall

At te area it is very quiet and they have 4 Thai style restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the compound

If u have a bike then you are 5 mins ride from the nearest night local market and some other restaurants cafe etc

I liked the stay there balcony were all facing Doi Suthep with clear views on the higher floors

Chiang Mai Properties was te company that organized that and paperwork wise they were good and willing to help

I have stayed at Mountain Front and they have some great units under 20k

The pool is well maintained and they have a very nice pool and sala relax area set up

Areas are brand new and the receptionist is very competent ...they can organize laundry water the likes easily for u

At the condo they offer a free shuttle daily at 2 timings to the Kad Suew Kway Mall

At te area it is very quiet and they have 4 Thai style restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the compound

If u have a bike then you are 5 mins ride from the nearest night local market and some other restaurants cafe etc

I liked the stay there balcony were all facing Doi Suthep with clear views on the higher floors

Chiang Mai Properties was te company that organized that and paperwork wise they were good and willing to help

Facing west like that what is the heat like in the afternoons?

You never did mention the price range you were willing to pay.

As for a one year contract I am not sure if there is a lot of them out there. It seems that you are severely limiting your choices with that one.

I myself have been in the same residence for five continuous years on a three month contract. The price has only gone up once. But I would also add that the maintenance has also become better.

Good Luck

I'm confused with your comment. I know that you have stayed in the same place for 5 years, but is this the norm? Shouldn't there be some sort of discount on price for taking a year lease?

I think his comment makes no sense and would ignore it. Apart from short-term contracts that are usually marketed as such, most owners will naturally be more happy for you to sign a one year contract than a three month contract, and will just as naturally offer you a discount for doing so.

The heat was hot during the season but it also dried the clothes fast ! All units have windows with the UB filter and my landlord installed additional deflector blinds which kept it cool when the fans are on

During the cool season the west sun was magic

FYI C424 on cmproperties is a real beauty. Owner wanted to sell and wouldnt go for a 1 year lease, but wow, what a nice condo. Fir the price doubt you will find much better anywhere.

In other news my search is over. Thabks for all the helpful tips everyone!

You never did mention the price range you were willing to pay.

As for a one year contract I am not sure if there is a lot of them out there. It seems that you are severely limiting your choices with that one.

I myself have been in the same residence for five continuous years on a three month contract. The price has only gone up once. But I would also add that the maintenance has also become better.

Good Luck

I'm confused with your comment. I know that you have stayed in the same place for 5 years, but is this the norm? Shouldn't there be some sort of discount on price for taking a year lease?

I think his comment makes no sense and would ignore it. Apart from short-term contracts that are usually marketed as such, most owners will naturally be more happy for you to sign a one year contract than a three month contract, and will just as naturally offer you a discount for doing so.

If you had read his posts you would know that he is having no luck with the one year lease. I signed a three month lease and have not signed another one. It makes no sense if you are unwilling to sign a six month lease for security sakes. I was just pointing out that just because you don't get a one year lease it does not guarantee that you will be evicted after your 6 month or what ever is up.

One year lease is the norm in the buildings that the OP considered.

We're in one of them and were able to negotiate a lower monthly price for a 3 yr lease and the promise that we'd set up auto deposit of rent payment directly into the owners bank account -- no running around trying to collect rent from us! The same owner has 7 or 8 properties in my building and he prefers to sign longer leases vs. renting by the month or for six months at a time and it's reflected in the rates he charges for shorter rentals.

• Like 1