Farang In Rayong.Many Or Not.

Vegemite

Are there many farang in Rayong?

I ask this because when I visit I see them but the place doesnt seem to be set up in any way to cater to them.

Sure there is the Tesco?? super market and the standard issue chain food joints,

But there doesnt seem to be a lot else for farang there.

I thought that with the industrial estate and all the other industry there would be people from many countries other than Thailand, working there.

Am I wrong?

Sure it is not a tourist draw card but it does have a lot to offer as far as beaches and coast goes.

Please help me with this one. I really want to know.

How many farang in Rayong?

I was thinking mainly about Rayong city but info on other places would be helpful.

I have driven around the coast. And stayed at Ban Phe.

What is to offer at Ban Chang? I must have been through it.

I have inlaws close to Rayong city center.

Is it mainly Thais working there?

How many Farang are in Rayong?

I was thinking mainly about Rayong city but info on other places would be helpful.

Plenty of Pussy in Ban Chang can't miss it turn left at 1st set of light's when arriving from Pattaya then 300meters on the left it's wall to wall.

Plenty of Pussy in Ban Chang can't miss it turn left at 1st set of light's when arriving from Pattaya then 300meters on the left it's wall to wall.

He'll be coming from Rayong so it's the right turn at the lights after passing Tesco on your left. (Tesco Ban Chang that is).

He'll be coming from Rayong so it's the right turn at the lights after passing Tesco on your left. (Tesco Ban Chang that is).

Actually coming from Rayong on Sukhumvit, would be turning right at 2nd set of lights after entering BC and before Tesco's, if you go past Tesco's gone too far and will need to make a U-turn

If looking at the shop houses on the LHS of Suk, turn off to right just after location of UOB Bank or alternatively its set of lights right at a shop called "ANN's" which sells wine and other booze.... ...once completing the turn drive down approx 0.5km, most on left hand side starting with the Camel bar...and ending with the offshore bar...you will not need a GPS unit to find this....thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the info.

Ban Chan looks like a good spot c/o Google and I have been through it on the main road.

I wish I had known about this place because it would be a great way to keep the wife happy as well as me.

Farang food and a place for a couple of beers in the avo is what I am after.

Dont do drinking marathons at night and dont use hookers.

Why do you live there?

P.S. I dont play golf. Will I be run out of town?

Actually coming from Rayong on Sukhumvit, would be turning right at 2nd set of lights after entering BC and before Tesco's, if you go past Tesco's gone too far and will need to make a U-turn

If looking at the shop houses on the LHS of Suk, turn off to right just after location of UOB Bank or alternatively its set of lights right at a shop called "ANN's" which sells wine and other booze.... ...once completing the turn drive down approx 0.5km, most on left hand side starting with the Camel bar...and ending with the offshore bar...you will not need a GPS unit to find this....thumbsup.gif

Yes, you're correct, I don't get there as often as I should!

Yes, you're correct, I don't get there as often as I should!

Even turning right at the first set of lights as you suggested you can still get onto the strip, easiest way straight down that road until you get near the Ban Chang Palace hotel, just after the BC palace hotel, will see there is a fork in the road, however you are heading in the wrong direction, so need to double back on yourself and take the right hand leg of the folk, down about 1.0km or so and your there

No, golfers are mostly harmless. But beware being trapped in a corner by 2 or 3 of them banging on about their stupid handicaps and stuff, you could die of boredom. Is there any other game where you get points for being useless?

No, golfers are mostly harmless. But beware being trapped in a corner by 2 or 3 of them banging on about their stupid handicaps and stuff, you could die of boredom. Is there any other game where you get points for being useless?

Just walk into any of the bars with a 9 iron, and if any of the golfers get on your nerves as they have a tendancy to do...tell them to shut up if they dont, show them how good your swing is around the head, thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

• 4 weeks later...

Just moved to Muang Rayong 3 months ago. I have been visting Rayong fo 40 + years. I see some farangs but

have never talked to them. I would lke to know and speak with any english speaking people

Thankyou so much for your reply.

This is why I asked.

I to, have seen farang but they just seem to be shopping and then dissapearing like ghosts.

The Thais seem more friendly. Do they just hate thier jobs or regret being there?

In Rayong city I mean.

We seem to end up there on most visits to Thailand and we are visiting again in October.

Will definately check out Ban Chang this time.

This is why I asked.

I to, have seen farang but they just seem to be shopping and then dissapearing like ghosts.

The Thais seem more friendly. Do they just hate thier jobs or regret being there?

In Rayong city I mean.

We seem to end up there on most visits to Thailand and we are visiting again in October.

and what would you expect the resident working farangs to so, walk up to you and welcome you like a long lost brother just because you have a white skin ?....blink.png

Further how do you get to "they must hate their jobs or living there" just becasue they go shopping and disappear like "ghosts" has it occured to you that the vast majority of resident working farlangs in the area have been long enough to know that like Pattaya, the are quite a number of loonies, misfit, and retarded farlangs who live in the greater Rayong, Ban Chang area and they know well enough to stay away from them. ?

The working falangs in the area are doing just that.... working and living a normal life as they would do in farangland and typically they do not have the need, despiration to associate with their "own" kind all the time

Having lived/worked in the area for 11 years and I can count the number of farangs I associate with on one hand, I do not have the inclination to associate with a particular farang just because we are all in a foreign country, if I didnt associate this with a various type in farang land, why would I do it here ?

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

This is why I asked.

In Rayong city I mean.

and what would you expect the resident working farangs to so, walk up to you and welcome you like a long lost brother just because you have a white skin ?....blink.png

Further how do you get to "they must hate their jobs or living there" just becasue they go shopping and disappear like "ghosts" has it occured to you that the vast majority of resident working farlangs in the area have been long enough to know that like Pattaya, the are quite a number of loonies, misfit, and retarded farlangs who live in the greater Rayong, Ban Chang area and they know well enough to stay away from them. ?

The working falangs in the area are doing just that.... working and living a normal life as they would do in farangland and typically they do not have the need, despiration to associate with their "own" kind all the time

Having lived/worked in the area for 11 years and I can count the number of farangs I associate with on one hand, I do not have the inclination to associate with a particular farang just because we are all in a foreign country, if I didnt associate this with a various type in farang land, why would I do it here ?

Thanks for that.

I hadnt seen any loonies, misfits or retarded farangs there before.

The farang that I have met have been very pleasant people.

I must keep my eye open next time. How do you spot them.

Also, I didnt say that I had white skin and many foriegners in Thailand dont.

This is why I asked.

In Rayong city I mean.

Thanks for that.

I hadnt seen any loonies, misfits or retarded farangs there before.

The farang that I have met have been very pleasant people.

I must keep my eye open next time. How do you spot them.

Also, I didnt say that I had white skin and many foriegners in Thailand dont.

You are classed yourself as a farang, therefore according to the coventional wisdom on TV as regards the definition of the word Farang, you are inferring you are a white "westerner"....the fact you use the monikor "Vegemite" would also infer you are an White Aussie gentleman, most likely middle aged ?....am I close to being correct ?

Edited by Soutpeel

I've been in Rayong for 6 weeks just off Suhkimvit. The apartment is really nice and people seem nice but geeez I'm bored. See the odd farang walking around Big C but thats about it. Found a really nice restaurant/bar that plays live acoustic music close by, but its completely empty. Walked by on a Sturday night and there were only 2 customers. Everywhere I have been to in Thailand I've gotten smile and hellos from the ladies (no I'm not talking about bar girls). Here theres nothing but the odd look from the guys sizing me up. Maybe I havent ventured out far enough but I have been to many places in Thailand and Rayong seems to be a completely different animal. Very strange, I'm going back to BK.

I've been in Rayong for 6 weeks just off Suhkimvit. The apartment is really nice and people seem nice but geeez I'm bored. See the odd farang walking around Big C but thats about it. Found a really nice restaurant/bar that plays live acoustic music close by, but its completely empty. Walked by on a Sturday night and there were only 2 customers. Everywhere I have been to in Thailand I've gotten smile and hellos from the ladies (no I'm not talking about bar girls). Here theres nothing but the odd look from the guys sizing me up. Maybe I havent ventured out far enough but I have been to many places in Thailand and Rayong seems to be a completely different animal. Very strange, I'm going back to BK.

This is exactly the reason that I asked the Question

What Question did you ask? Where is the pussy in Ban Chang

What Question did you ask? Where is the pussy in Ban Chang

On the what is called the strip....must be 20+ bars, restaurants etc....where are you coming from ? can give you directions or look at post #9 #13 might help you...not hard to find

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of us English speaking people living in Rayong would just like to have a small informal social club where we get to gether at times and discuss things related to living in Rayong in English. I have a lot of Thai friends and family and can converse in Thai (somewhat). I also have been around here often enough to know where a lot of things are. I just think it would be nice to set around and speak English sometime with someone other than my wife. I believe that most farangs are here because they want to be, work or otherwise and that they like living / working in Rayong.

Most of my farang friends here in Rayong Province are living a family lifestyle. Married or living with a Thai lady, sometimes children, choosing Rayong Province as the province has excellent Thai and International schools, adequate shopping and services, good transportation network and doesn't receive flood runoff from the north. Beach living if desired, moderate rent or home purchase cost and for the most part single pricing rather than a double standard. Most friends go about their daily lives seeking only a good quality of life for themselves and family.

What's not to like? Perhaps the heavy industrial areas incorporated into the province, well traveled truck traffic on barely adequate roads leading north towards Pattaya as well as littered beach area's that lack a display of pride. Certainly there's more that you can pick apart, but for the most part Rayong Province holds a pleasant lifestyle.

At Bluegecko and vegemite. Rayong is a great little city once you get to know it.

Regarding bars, clubs and restaurants. There is a road parallel to the sukhumvit on the opposite side to Laemtong shopping mall with many entertainment venues and people are pretty friendly after a couple of drinks.

Close to Ko Samet and Pattaya. Probably one of the best smaller citys in Thailand imho.

In my experience, most of the working expats in Rayong or Maptaphut choose to live in Ban Chang, as it is very farang friendly and also upwind of the industrial estates. Most working Thais conversely choose to live in Rayong as it is cheaper, and more Thai orientated (never mind it has some of the highest fatal disease rates in Thailand due to being downwind of the industrial area).

I think some of us English speaking people living in Rayong would just like to have a small informal social club where we get to gether at times and discuss things related to living in Rayong in English. I have a lot of Thai friends and family and can converse in Thai (somewhat). I also have been around here often enough to know where a lot of things are. I just think it would be nice to set around and speak English sometime with someone other than my wife. I believe that most farangs are here because they want to be, work or otherwise and that they like living / working in Rayong.

You make some good points.

I as a visitor would love to have somewhere to go.

When we are there the wife is so busy with her sister and co that I spend much of my time alone.

Rayong is quite difficult to get around if you dont have transport and the road signs are in Thai.

Yes got a map.

But it is not a user friendly city.

At Bluegecko and vegemite. Rayong is a great little city once you get to know it.

Regarding bars, clubs and restaurants. There is a road parallel to the sukhumvit on the opposite side to Laemtong shopping mall with many entertainment venues and people are pretty friendly after a couple of drinks.

Close to Ko Samet and Pattaya. Probably one of the best smaller citys in Thailand imho.

I agree with you that the area is one of the best areas in Thailand.

I really like the place and it is why I started this post.

Its great to see some informative posts.

Thanks.