Thai Hifi

dazk

are there any descent thai hifi brands (not talking about really hi end equipment) or is import the only option and as for import are they all subject to the same import tax

or are there brands such as denon, pioneer or marantz manufactured here in thailand and not subject to import tax

i saw a Thai made valve hybrid CD player and amp bookshelf unit in Home Pro a couple of months ago . 8000 baht was on the tag. However the salesman would not let me really listen to it and he cranked up the bass as the bass was "no good" according to him and put a demo Thai doof/ techno / /pop CD on. As far away from what you would be listening on a valve amp as possible but i suppose he is catering for his market in Home Pro. I just walked away as i could not hear the qualities of the valve amp at all. It may be worth seeking out and would be interested in any reports if anyone has given it a good audition .

Even if those brands are manufactured in Thailand, which I rather doubt,

it does not mean that the prices will be better.

Just look at computer hard disks.......... :bah:

It is the wrong time of year, but a visit to the annual Hi Fi exhibition in Bangkok

might give you some clues

A shame that the Home Pro sales man would not allow a proper demo, with

Xen's own disk.

It would be good to know what that Thai's can produce.

BTW there are some good valve amps coming out of China these days

http://www.audusa.co.uk/ariand_audio.html

• 1 month later...

So i cannot get yamaha denon onkyo receivers for the same price as they are listed on amazon. I really need a home theater system but when i check the price in thailand it is 100 percent more than the msrp listed price on usa sites like best buy. Anyway I can get the receivers for usa price in thailand(i am willing to pay 10 percent more)?