Wifi Freeze On Samsung Galaxy S2 With Ics 4.0.3

Since upgrade to 4.0.3 WiFi freezes when using the shortcut from the notification screen, it turns light green but does not connect unless you restart. I've browsed the Internrt and found that many users seem to face this issue. Any workaround?

No fix yet that I know of. Happens to me too but not often enough to be too annoying so I'm not even going to bother trying 4.0.4 or anything else for a fix, I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a stable JB 4.1.x...

Personally I'm still running GB on my sg2. What is the benefit to upgrading? My phone does everything I need and is stable. I'd hate to have to find new apps and deal with compatibility issues just to be running the latest OS. Am I missing out on some great features or just potential headaches?

I haven't encountered this WiFi issue running an SGS2 with official 4.0.3. However, a quick read through XDA seems to indicate that it is a known issue, perhaps related to the kernel. Some custom kernels, like Siyah, may have addressed this issue.

I have run into a few apps. which appear to not work with 4.0.3: Speed Navi, Major Movie. For me the benefits of true multi-tasking in 4.0 far outweighs the loss of these two apps. I agree that if your device is working acceptably for you and your applications that you should always consider NOT upgrading.

This presentation highlights the differences between 2.3.6 and 4.0.3 on the SGS2, and may help you and others decide as to whether to upgrade or not.

http://dash.coolsmartphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Galaxy-S2-EUR-OPENGT-I9100-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Guide-Ver-2.0.pptx.pdf

• Like 1

I have run into a few apps. which appear to not work with 4.0.3: Speed Navi, Major Movie.

FWIW, I wiped/uninstalled Major Movie and installed what appears to be a newer version of the application in the Play Store: Major Movie Plus. It works fine with 4.0.3. Also, SF Cinema's android app. has been updated, that one used to freeze on 2.3.x and 4.0.x, so I wiped/installed that and then re-installed it. It also works fine on 4.0.3.

Finally, there are some official Samsung 4.0.4 releases, but not for Thailand, so not sure if one of those addresses this WiFi issue?

It looks like this issue may be addressed via a firmware upgrade? To me it looks like a new kernel and baseband, and perhaps other stuff, but certainly not what I would call a full release. I updated and tested for WiFi functionality; I could connect to multiple networks, disconnet from same, re-connect with same, and switch WiFi on/off repeatedly and connect/dis-/re- with 3G. Also note that 3G performance seems a bit better, at least on DTAC/Happy

Maybe update KiES and look for it? (Note that there may an even newer version? LPB?)

post-9615-0-46247600-1344042964_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-41459300-1344042983_thumb.jp

I finally got around to upgrading my i9100t to 4.0.3 about 10 days ago. It's the stock rom that I rooted with cf kernel. It certainly is faster. All my apps are working just fine. Not had any Wi-Fi issues. 3g seems stable. The only small complaint I have this far is I can't seem to remove the camera shutter sound. I deleted the sound file but the sound still occurs. Guess I need to look into the issue some more.

• 2 weeks later...

i do experience issues with wifi where I have to reboot to get it working again. Usually has to do with disabling and the re enabling the wifi. It's not bad enough of an issue to get me to flash a non stock rom.